major noreaster on the way

Pete

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent. You aren't the wimp here. I really like bad weather. I'm a freakin weirdo.

I get way too excited for storms. I guess I am freaking weirdo too. Time for some cocktails while I watch this monster storm! Perhaps I will make a hurricane

Hooray snow. :D

I miss the warm weather I had in Argentina. Hopefully that will arrive soon. ;)

(Ps - I'm going to be studying meteorology this fall so I got to keep up with the forecasts before I go to college. Not sure how much this will help me but I don't think anyone else on the board is a Meteorologist.)

I studied it for a semester in college, know your physical sciences and physics and you'll get by just fine.

Very interesting subject, I was an idiot though and got off track.

Connecticut river looks like an ocean right now- you could surf on it. It looks angry. I was there at low tide(3:00) and it was raging. I just revisited at 6 and its high and even rougher. High tide is at 10:01 and the heavy rains and wind are still coming. BTW my umbrella is rated for 60mph winds and it bent like a paper clip when I was at the river bank. Good times! Time for some kind and a cocktail!

BTW I would like to add I am a weather freak! People pull up to the river in their heated cars, take a 10 second look at the river, then drive off. I go out in waterproof gear and walk to the edge of the river and hang for an hour. Gonzo reporting!

We had a tree come down sometime last night in our yard. Only things it took out was was a cheap green plastic chair and a swing. Would removal be covered under our Homeowners Insurance?

as I recall when isabel wiped out 30% of the trees here in richmond, tree removal is not covered. Damage to your house is covered, but not removing the trees

It's freaking snowing. My car is covered (on the carport, no less). Nice way to start my work day. <_<

I love cleaning snow off the car in the morning. My neighbors used to give me dirty looks because I was enjoying this chore so much, while they were miserable. Of course, if I had time, I'd clean their cars, too. So, what I'm saying is, I'd clean your car, cablebabe. :lol:

BTW, we had a small tornado down the street (Crescent Beach). It did a little damage to some roofs, I guess.

NYC got 7.81 inches of rain. Some parts of Jersey got over 9 inches. I have never seen the Connecticut River that high! Waves were crashing on the street with about 5 foot swells. They were actually breaking right on the street. Many locals went down to check it out. I asked one resident who has lived here 40 years if they ever saw that river that high. He said in 1982 two damns burst and it still was not this high. Incredible storm. We are still getting rain and wind from it. High tide is at 10:36- I am on my way to check it out-is supposed to keep rising the next few days. Plus I want a bloody mary, cheers!

So, what I'm saying is, I'd clean your car, cablebabe. :lol:

OK, you clean her car and I'll wash her windows. Now all we need is someone to rotate her tires and she'll be good for another 15K. <_<

I'm sitting this morning in Roswell, sunny and highs will be in the70's today. I'll keep an eye out for aliens both legal and illegal varieties.

NYC got 7.81 inches of rain. Some parts of Jersey got over 9 inches. I have never seen the Connecticut River that high! Waves were crashing on the street with about 5 foot swells. They were actually breaking right on the street. Many locals went down to check it out. I asked one resident who has lived here 40 years if they ever saw that river that high. He said in 1982 two damns burst and it still was not this high. Incredible storm. We are still getting rain and wind from it. High tide is at 10:36- I am on my way to check it out-is supposed to keep rising the next few days. Plus I want a bloody mary, cheers!

:lol: You want to celebrate the fact that folk's property is being damaged, some will be physically hurt, that potable water may be curtailed or not available for days?

:lol: You want to celebrate the fact that folk's property is being damaged, some will be physically hurt, that potable water may be curtailed or not available for days?

What you can't change, you might as well celebrate...no?

as I recall when isabel wiped out 30% of the trees here in richmond, tree removal is not covered. Damage to your house is covered, but not removing the trees

Checked with our insurance company this morning (State Farm), we're covered, just have to pay the deductable.

<_< You want to celebrate the fact that folk's property is being damaged, some will be physically hurt, that potable water may be curtailed or not available for days?

Yeah-because I am fascinated by nature and weather its my fault that peoples property is damaged. I have this incredible influence on mother nature. Sometimes car accidents occur because people are blinded by the sun and drive off the road. I guess its bad by your logic to hope for sunny days :lol:

Yeah-because I am fascinated by nature and weather its my fault that peoples property is damaged. I have this incredible influence on mother nature. Sometimes car accidents occur because people are blinded by the sun and drive off the road. I guess its bad by your logic to hope for sunny days :lol:

So you've met Al Gore, then? <_<

So you've met Al Gore, then? :lol:

You are cranky, eh? First you are upset that people enjoy Planet Earth, now you are upset that people are fascinated by storms and nature. Lighten up, kick back, and enjoy the ride