Al Wilson to be released. Interested?

The_Real

Uhmmmm, its said he may retire due to the neck injury and that when they tried to deal him to the Giants there were problems in the physical due to the neck injury

No way the Bills even look at him as an option

I saw that he might retire I just didn't think it was a real possibility. He seems a bit young to retire but LB is a tough position and he could have gotten run down faster than his age indicates. If so, that blows. He was pretty good just a few years ago.

The Real

without the injury I would take him. If the donkeys are dropping him, he must be pretty run out because their defensive front 7 are already in rough shape.

Without the injury he wouldn't be released either. :lol: I do agree with you tho.

Uhmmmm, its said he may retire due to the neck injury and that when they tried to deal him to the Giants there were problems in the physical due to the neck injury

No way the Bills even look at him as an option

where in this article does it mention that he may retire???

if he passes a Bills team physical, i'd say yes. if not, no.

Al Wilson was a monster in the middle when healthy. We could definitely use him if he is healthy. But he really messed up his neck while either blocking or covering on a punt in a late season Sunday night game last year against Seattle. He was carted off on a stretcher strapped to the headboard. I very much doubt he is going to play much again if at all. He probably has an injury similar to what ended Chris Spielman's career here in Buffalo.

I think middle linebacker could be the most violent position in the game.

where in this article does it mention that he may retire???

if he passes a Bills team physical, i'd say yes. if not, no.

It wasn't that article, It was another one I read, I believe on PFT where they said he was supposed to hold a press conference today where chances are he was going to announce his retirement

YOU GOTTA FEEL FOR THE GUY THOUGH. He seems nice enough and i think that IF he passes a physical for the Bills then we SHOULD sign him up. Plus he says its not about the money and he was the #1 leader on that broncos team. Under those circumstances can anyone pursuede me otherwise?

It wasn't that article, It was another one I read, I believe on PFT where they said he was supposed to hold a press conference today where chances are he was going to announce his retirement

They did. But then they posted a later one that says he isn't retiring.

POSTED 3:02 p.m. EDT, April 13, 2007

BRONCOS TO RELEASE WILSON

A league source tells us that the Denver Broncos will be releasing linebacker Al Wilson.

That's the gist of the press conference that Wilson has called for 4:00 p.m. EDT Friday; Wilson will announce the news, and will express his appreciation to the Denver fans.

We're told that Wilson will not be retiring. Instead, the plan is to get healthy, and to continue to play football.

Wilson, 29, has spent his entire eight-year career with the Broncos.

we just let go of a once great linebacker in spikes with injury questions. wilson's injury problem is potentially a lot worse. we're all set to fill that need in the draft. definite pass on wilson

The difference I think is thatSpikes was scheduled ot make $9MM...you might get Wilson for 1/5 of that...