Jay Cutler

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutler reminds me a lot of Kyle Boller. Very Strong arm, and good athleticism, poor footwork and shaky accuracy. Cutler also has a bad habit of not stepping into throws and will force a lot of passes. I think working with Mike Shannahan will help curb some of his bad attributes. He'll be protected by a solid run game, and decent receiving options. However I dont think he'll become the franchise qb a lot make him out to be.

I'm sorry but did you actually watch Jay cutler last year or did you get that from some draft site a year ago? Admittedly he's only played 5 games but accross those he posted a passer rating of 88.9 - Boller couldn't even get that playing madden in his living room... his lowest rating was 62.3 and that was in his first game - since then he hasn't gone below 85 with two games over 95

59.1% of passes completed does not speak of poor accuracy, and we broncos fans are still jumping up and down about the bomb to Walker in the zona game which was about 50 yards in the air and right on the money...

Don't get me wrong, its still early days but so far Cutler has shown he has got all the tools. You should fear him.

Coaches may have enough game-film of Cutler now to start game-planning, but he's also having a full offseason with shanny, not to mention the addition of Henry to the running game, and the return of left tackle Matt Lepsis from injury (Foster was a turnstile at right tackle BTW....)

We do have a recent history of not performing terribly well in opening fixtures, so its not impossible that we will make a hash of this one, but any Bills fan that is actually excited about Cutler comign to town has NOT been doing their homework.....

Five months of shittting his pants thinking about the beatdown he's going to take from Schobel, Pat Willis, Whitner, and the boys....

I'm envisioning a Harrington-esque performance out of Cutler on 9/9...

Bills roll 29-6 on a sunshine-filled 74 degree day

My goodness I can't wait

I'll drink to that!

I'm sorry but did you actually watch Jay cutler last year or did you get that from some draft site a year ago? Admittedly he's only played 5 games but accross those he posted a passer rating of 88.9 - Boller couldn't even get that playing madden in his living room... his lowest rating was 62.3 and that was in his first game - since then he hasn't gone below 85 with two games over 95

59.1% of passes completed does not speak of poor accuracy, and we broncos fans are still jumping up and down about the bomb to Walker in the zona game which was about 50 yards in the air and right on the money...

Don't get me wrong, its still early days but so far Cutler has shown he has got all the tools. You should fear him.

Coaches may have enough game-film of Cutler now to start game-planning, but he's also having a full offseason with shanny, not to mention the addition of Henry to the running game, and the return of left tackle Matt Lepsis from injury (Foster was a turnstile at right tackle BTW....)

We do have a recent history of not performing terribly well in opening fixtures, so its not impossible that we will make a hash of this one, but any Bills fan that is actually excited about Cutler comign to town has NOT been doing their homework.....

I watched Cutler a few times last year. He looked nothing better then average & at times looked horribly below average which is not that uncommon for a guy with only 5 starts. It tooked Losman a year & a 1/2 to look comfortable with our offense(not counting his 1st year, he was injured. The thing I didnt like about Cutler coming out of the draft is that he was never a winner in college. Say what you want about how horrible of a program Vanderbilt is etc... but there is something to be said about a qb playing in a major conference that sticks around for 4yrs & cant even take his team to a bowl game. Right now, I would take Losman over him any day of the week.

We can win this game if we can control the ball and keep our running game moving. Everything falls on the shoulders of our running back.

If Denver hopes to win, their defense will need to keep [insert name here] to short yardage on first down and ensure [insert name here] doesn't get a swing pass out of the flat and into open space because we all know that once [insert name here] gets the ball in the open that he's tough as hell to bring down.

I know it's early to predict games, but if the Broncos can't stop [insert name here], they won't be able to stop the Bills.

insert ( Ricky Williams- The Texas tornado)

I watched Cutler a few times last year. He looked nothing better then average & at times looked horribly below average which is not that uncommon for a guy with only 5 starts. It tooked Losman a year & a 1/2 to look comfortable with our offense(not counting his 1st year, he was injured. The thing I didnt like about Cutler coming out of the draft is that he was never a winner in college. Say what you want about how horrible of a program Vanderbilt is etc... but there is something to be said about a qb playing in a major conference that sticks around for 4yrs & cant even take his team to a bowl game. Right now, I would take Losman over him any day of the week.

I'm staggered, truly staggered. You're honestly saying that you never saw him do anything better than average? Well there's no reasoning with that kind of myopic denial. You obviously saw his first game only and you certainly missed the Arizona game with the bomb to Walker. Look it up on youtube....it might give you a shock.

I'm not trash-talking here: we're far from guaranteed to win this game and cutler may have a bad game. I don't even care about whether you think Losman is better or not. I'm just shocked that anyone could possibly think that Cutler is nothing to worry about. Just have a look at his stats on nfl.com

Who you callin' "boy"?

I'm calling Al Sharpton!

Call him? You mean like the last time you said you were going to call me?? Still waiting...

Besides, I don't think he'd appreciate you tying up his phone lines while he's fervently trying to get his season tickets for the 2007-2008 Rutgers women's basketball season.

I'm staggered, truly staggered. You're honestly saying that you never saw him do anything better than average? Well there's no reasoning with that kind of myopic denial. You obviously saw his first game only and you certainly missed the Arizona game with the bomb to Walker. Look it up on youtube....it might give you a shock.

I'm not trash-talking here: we're far from guaranteed to win this game and cutler may have a bad game. I don't even care about whether you think Losman is better or not. I'm just shocked that anyone could possibly think that Cutler is nothing to worry about. Just have a look at his stats on nfl.com

I never said he was nothing to worry about. I just said he played average last year. From what I seen, I think the bills have good chance of beating denver, especially because the game is up here in buffalo.

BTW, I watched almost all of that Arizona game. That throw was impressive. I also watched him in their season finalle against the 49ers & when his team needed him to make a play with the playoffs on the line he couldnt do it.

He'll sadly be better this year.

He won't be phenomenal, but Travis will have a fairly big game.

It'll be closer than that, but we'll probably still be the victors.

You don't come in to our house with weak $#!t and expect to win.

The Broncos have three advantages: Coaching- Shanahan is second to Belichick in my opinion and Jauron is not even in the same league, Defense- Very dominant and more experience winning and knowing how to win on the road. My prediction is a loss 24-17.

The Broncos have three advantages: Coaching- Shanahan is second to Belichick in my opinion and Jauron is not even in the same league, Defense- Very dominant and more experience winning and knowing how to win on the road. My prediction is a loss 24-17.

I'm by no means a Jauron homer, but from a coaching and gameplanning standpoint, he held his own against Dungy, who, by the way, beat Bellyache on his way to winning the Super Bowl. Jauron proved last year that he can take a group of misfits in his first year and hang with the big boys. And exactly what has Shanahan done lately that makes him second to Bellyache? Last year, in a division featuring a limping KC and dismal Oakland, he went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. You can feel free to lower his pedestal any time now.

I'm by no means a Jauron homer, but from a coaching and gameplanning standpoint, he held his own against Dungy, who, by the way, beat Bellyache on his way to winning the Super Bowl. Jauron proved last year that he can take a group of misfits in his first year and hang with the big boys. And exactly what has Shanahan done lately that makes him second to Bellyache? Last year, in a division featuring a limping KC and dismal Oakland, he went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. You can feel free to lower his pedestal any time now.

take that a step further...........what has shanahan done since terrel davis and elway left?