JimBob's Bills Mock Draft V1.0

Okay, after much deliberation, I will publish my first Mock Draft for 2007.

1 - Patrick Willis, LB, Mississippi - Loss of Fletcher/Spikes. Best player at a need position.

2 - Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina - Big WR, Big Hands, ran a slow 40 time, but he plays fast. Could be a good red-zone target. Should be a first round pick but I think he will slip due to a poor 40 time.

3 - Brian Leonard, HB/FB, Rutgers - Have you seen this guy play? Wow. Wants to be a HB at the NFL level, and may be able to pull it off. A bit of a tweener, but he has great hands out of the backfield, and can hurdle tacklers. Ultimate team guy. in Ray Rice's shadows alot last season.

3 - Johnathan Wade, CB, Tennessee - Might be a bit low for him, but perhaps not. Very fast, but doesnt play the run well. Need a CB and he is likely the best one left at this point.

4 - Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech - I think his stock might be rising a bit, but if there is one spot on our line that we need to address, its RG. Could open a good competition between Pennington/Ramirez/Walker for the two RT/RG slots.

6 - Conrad Bolston, DT, Maryland - BIG Run stuffing DT. He tires easily, and and isnt a great pass rusher, but he can be a big body on obvious running downs. Has potential to Fill a big need late in the draft.

7 - Jared Zabransy, QB, Boise State - I think we will draft a QB at some point on day 2, and I like zebransky. Smart guy, likeable. #3 guy with long term backup potential.

7 - Brandon Harrison, S, Stanford - Good Special teams guy and would also provide much needed depth at the safety position

I worry that I might be optimistic on some guys falling (Ramirez/Leonard/Wade), but I am trying to keep it realistic. Let me know what you think.

don't think leonard will last until the 3rd.

Yeah, its a little hard to say...but I think that the majority of teams who are looking at him are looking at him as a fullback, which clearly he does not want to do, and the 2nd round is historically very early for a fullback (though he is definitely more than a FB).

He is a great team guy, but he doesnt want to be a fullback. He will tow the party line wherever he goes, but the key to a successful organization, be it baseball, football, or Kroger is to have people who WANT to be there.

I see this as an ideal pick for us, because we can give him a shot at RB, and then next year grab a RB early and move him over to FB if things dont work out.

1 - Patrick Willis, LB, Mississippi - Loss of Fletcher/Spikes. Best player at a need position.

2 - Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina - Big WR, Big Hands, ran a slow 40 time, but he plays fast. Could be a good red-zone target. Should be a first round pick but I think he will slip due to a poor 40 time.

3 - Brian Leonard, HB/FB, Rutgers - Have you seen this guy play? Wow. Wants to be a HB at the NFL level, and may be able to pull it off. A bit of a tweener, but he has great hands out of the backfield, and can hurdle tacklers. Ultimate team guy. in Ray Rice's shadows alot last season.

3 - Johnathan Wade, CB, Tennessee - Might be a bit low for him, but perhaps not. Very fast, but doesnt play the run well. Need a CB and he is likely the best one left at this point.

4 - Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech - I think his stock might be rising a bit, but if there is one spot on our line that we need to address, its RG. Could open a good competition between Pennington/Ramirez/Walker for the two RT/RG slots.

6 - Conrad Bolston, DT, Maryland - BIG Run stuffing DT. He tires easily, and and isnt a great pass rusher, but he can be a big body on obvious running downs. Has potential to Fill a big need late in the draft.

7 - Jared Zabransy, QB, Boise State - I think we will draft a QB at some point on day 2, and I like zebransky. Smart guy, likeable. #3 guy with long term backup potential.

7 - Brandon Harrison, S, Stanford - Good Special teams guy and would also provide much needed depth at the safety position

I worry that I might be optimistic on some guys falling (Ramirez/Leonard/Wade), but I am trying to keep it realistic. Let me know what you think.

I like Ramirez a lot, but I don't think he'll be there in the 4th, especially after his workout in Indy, where he showed how strong he is (42 reps @ 225, I believe, or something similar) and actually moved better than expected. If he is there in the 4th, I sure hope the Bills take him.

1st I'm ok with Patrick Willis but if Branch fall as some predict I'd take Branch

2nd I think Rice and Jarrett both fall behind Craig Davis and Steve Smith and be available here- I also think there will be some fine CBs available at this pick - so the highest rated WR or CB at this pick- I'll go with Marcus McCauley CB

3a Buster Davis LB

3b to chargers part of Turner deal

4th Antwan Barnes LB

5th from Chargers Jackie Battle RB

6th Laurent Robinson WR

7a Legedu Nanee WR

7b Nate Ilaoa RB

Turner Deal- Bills get Turner and Chargers 2007 5th for Anthony Thomas 2007 3rd (92) 2008 2nd

I don't like the 2nd round pick, i'd rather have marv drafting a TE over a WR in the second. That said I'd also rather take a Bush or Hunt or Pittman there or any other position

No offense but in case youre not aware the draft is loaded with reciever talent and VERY thin at TE talent, 2003 wouldve been a good year to take a TE(was that it? whatever year LJ Smith, Dallas Clark and Jason Witten all got drafted). Since the that is the case it would be foolish to reach for a TE at 2/11 when theres likely to be a first round caliber recieving talent on the board. Just because Robert Royal isnt that great dont forget that weve functioned without a top notch tight end since late in the kelly era(or ever if you werent a metzelaars fan).

So...our Rb's this year are....leonard and a-train.... /CRY

No offense but in case youre not aware the draft is loaded with reciever talent and VERY thin at TE talent, 2003 wouldve been a good year to take a TE(was that it? whatever year LJ Smith, Dallas Clark and Jason Witten all got drafted). Since the that is the case it would be foolish to reach for a TE at 2/11 when theres likely to be a first round caliber recieving talent on the board. Just because Robert Royal isnt that great dont forget that weve functioned without a top notch tight end since late in the kelly era(or ever if you werent a metzelaars fan).

yeah i am aware, but what i am saying is that WR isn't that pressing of a need compared to TE or RB or CB for that matter. I'd rather spend a pick on a position that we need help at in the 2nd instead of a cute pick ala Roscoe Parrish. I am content w/ Evans PRice, Roscoe and Reed for this season. I'm not too content on Royal/ Cieslak?(maybe at FB)/ Everett/ Neufeld for the TE position, and think that should take precedent over WR

hmm ..I dont agree with your 2nd and 2 3rd round picks...I feel we really need to take 2 LB's on the first dayalong with a RB and CB....with pick 4 Id like to see a strong FB with good hands..something this team has been missing for years...picks 6 and 7's I feel Marve can do whatever he wants with for depth anywheres ..I think you take my picks and add them to the team and you have a playoff team this year. :thumbdown:

1- Willis, Patrick MLB <if allready taken> Posluszny, Paul OLB

2- Pittman, Antonio RB

3a- Hughes, Daymeion CB

3b- Alexander, Rufus OLB

4-McClain, Le'Ron FB

6-

7a-

7b-

yeah i am aware, but what i am saying is that WR isn't that pressing of a need compared to TE or RB or CB for that matter. I'd rather spend a pick on a position that we need help at in the 2nd instead of a cute pick ala Roscoe Parrish. I am content w/ Evans PRice, Roscoe and Reed for this season. I'm not too content on Royal/ Cieslak?(maybe at FB)/ Everett/ Neufeld for the TE position, and think that should take precedent over WR

Royal is sufficient. Rice is a excellent reciever. He is tall. he is fast. Other than Royal, we dont have a good go-to guy inside the 20. Rice can be that guy. He had 23 touchdowns in just 2 years at South Carolina. Another year and he would be a mid-first round pick. He made a mistake coming out early IMO, and didnt run well at his workouts. I think he would be a steal with our 2nd round pick.

Evans/Rice/Reed/Parrish - And probably cut PP...

1st I'm ok with Patrick Willis but if Branch fall as some predict I'd take Branch

2nd I think Rice and Jarrett both fall behind Craig Davis and Steve Smith and be available here- I also think there will be some fine CBs available at this pick - so the highest rated WR or CB at this pick- I'll go with Marcus McCauley CB

3a Buster Davis LB

3b to chargers part of Turner deal

4th Antwan Barnes LB

5th from Chargers Jackie Battle RB

6th Laurent Robinson WR

7a Legedu Nanee WR

7b Nate Ilaoa RB

Turner Deal- Bills get Turner and Chargers 2007 5th for Anthony Thomas 2007 3rd (92) 2008 2nd

I don't think I'd take Branch at all...he's a risk and shows signs of not working hard. Willis has a much better work ethic and has great character traits. As far as SD taking A. Thomas in a trade, why would they do that if they could have acquired him as a UFA? The guy was available for a couple of weeks there. IMO, Thomas is not all that much better than an average NFL #2.

I don't think I'd take Branch at all...he's a risk and shows signs of not working hard. Willis has a much better work ethic and has great character traits. As far as SD taking A. Thomas in a trade, why would they do that if they could have acquired him as a UFA? The guy was available for a couple of weeks there. IMO, Thomas is not all that much better than an average NFL #2.

Branch is falling cause NFL scout are outsmarting themselves again- go back to the tape -Branch is a huge part of a Mich team that holds opponents to less than 50 yards per game- he might not be the dt you want on the field on third and long - but he'll help get you to thrid and long and he's going to help your LBs not get the crap knocked out of them- hell I don't know If SD would want A.T. or not but I'm not giving more than a 3rd this year and a second next year- and how do you know SD didn't make him an offer hmmm - yeah your likely right- but that was before they were talking about trading Turner anyways- why did Titians get rid of Henry - then think geeezzz White is kind chubby maybe we need another back- cause we give nfl personal people way too much credit- btw I'll tell you who's fat L Walker that's who -366lbs that's a meat wagon- .

Branch is falling cause NFL scout are outsmarting themselves again- go back to the tape -Branch is a huge part of a Mich team that holds opponents to less than 50 yards per game- he might not be the dt you want on the field on third and long - but he'll help get you to thrid and long and he's going to help your LBs not get the crap knocked out of them- hell I don't know If SD would want A.T. or not but I'm not giving more than a 3rd this year and a second next year- and how do you know SD didn't make him an offer hmmm - yeah your likely right- but that was before they were talking about trading Turner anyways- why did Titians get rid of Henry - then think geeezzz White is kind chubby maybe we need another back- cause we give nfl personal people way too much credit- btw I'll tell you who's fat L Walker that's who -366lbs that's a meat wagon- .

First, the season is five months away almost...at least that's what some people are saying on this board. I think Branch is simply too risky of a pick for a team like Buffalo. The Bills cannot afford to miss with a first round pick because if the do, it could have long term effects. Mike Williams lack of play and motivation is still a constant reminder, five years after his selection by our former arrogant GM. Everyone wants a Pro-Bowl type, but we need to have an excellent starter in round 1. Other teams have more margin for error that we do in the draft.

As for Tennesee-they rid themselves of Henry simply because he would not re-negotiate a contact that called for an 8M roster bonus. He then left the team and moved on for greener (literally and figuratively) pastures in Denver.

As has been mentioned here many times, A. Thomas has not been a starting RB since 2003 and there's a reason. He's probably lost a step and teams like Dallas, New Orleans, and Buffalo have proven that by keeping him as a #2 or lower on the depth chart. How he becomes a starter now I really don't know. I doubt he'd be a fit in SD, that's all.

You're correct, Langston Walker is huge. But he's got some time to get into playing shape. I'm sure with mini-camp, training camp, and some prodding from Jim McNally that he'll be ready to go or else in September.

I'll just talk about your day 1. I don't see Leonard having what it takes to be a featured RB and would pass on him. Although if a guy like Brandon Jackson was still on board I'd consider him but he's a big question mark to as a feature back as well but think he has a better chance then Leonard. I don't see Jonathan Wade falling that far either but a guy that could be there is Michael Coe.

I love it!!! that would be nice but i am not sold on brian leonard in the RBBC.. would prefer a true tail back..

i wouldn't be surprised at all if the patriots grab leonard with their second first rounder. would be a very dynamic backfield with him and maroney....that being said, i hope we can grab leonard in the third although i think it's highly unlikely. i wouldn't be surprised if we trade back into the first as this seems to be a trend for us. i can see marv making a run at a nice big wr.