Jabari Greer on Sirius 126 11:30ET Friday...

Hey all, Jabari is booked on The Fellas on Sirius Channel 126 tonight at about 11:30 pm ET. Even though this is a national show, one of the hosts is from Buffalo, Alan Hale, and another host is about as big a Bills supporter as any radio host out there, Larry Shea.

Hey all, Jabari is booked on The Fellas on Sirius Channel 126 tonight at about 11:30 pm ET. Even though this is a national show, one of the hosts is from Buffalo, Alan Hale, and another host is about as big a Bills supporter as any radio host out there, Larry Shea.

anyone catch the Jabari interview??

if so can you let us know what was said? thank you.

Isn't Alan Hale the Skipper from Gilligan's Island?

That Alan Hale guy on Sirius is pretty terrible. The only good thing about him is that when someone comes into the studio and says anything remotely stupid, he immediately rips off his floppy fisherman's hat and slaps them over the head with it four times as hard as he can.

That Alan Hale guy on Sirius is pretty terrible. The only good thing about him is that when someone comes into the studio and says anything remotely stupid, he immediately rips off his floppy fisherman's hat and slaps them over the head with it four times as hard as he can.

You are brutally funny this week. Of course, coming from me this means absolutely nothing.

Was I the only one who caught the interview? A lot of what I'm writing is definitely paraphrasing the actual conversation. I didn't have a pen and note paper with me to take it down verbatum. If anyone else heard it feel free to correct me or add to anything I missed.

It was a great interview...

Greer sounded like a really fun guy. The hosts (one of them was from Buffalo and a big Bills fan) and Greer did a great job touching on a vareity of Bills topics. There was a lot of laughter and friendly ribbing going on. The first thing they mentioned was that Greer was voted in the top 25 of Cosmos sexiest athletes and ribbed him on this for a couple of minutes. Then they first praised him for his outstanding special teams play. That he was one of the best special teamers in the league (he's was second in tackles on the team). Then they started to ask him what the hell was going on with all of the big name departures and his feelings on them leaving.

Willis McGahee's departure...

Good team guy, well liked in the locker room.

Said Willis was not so good at expressing himself and that he definitely had no ill will towards Buffalo or it's fans. He said Willis felt misunderstood.

Was a Miami guy to the core and never warmed up to the Buffalo lifestyle.

They mentioned Willis' comment downgrading Buffalo women and this is when they all got on a tangent about how there are so many hot women in Buffalo and also how many great restaurants there are.

Fletcher, Spikes and Holcomb departure...

A funny story Jabari had...he and Holcomb were both sitting at a table eating lunch together and watching ESPN. Watching the ticker at the bottom of the screen Jabari turns and immediately askes Holcomb if he knew he had just been traded to the Eagles. They both cracked up because that's how Holcomb found out he was no longer a Bill.

The host then focused more on what kind of effect losing these team leaders like Fletch and Spikes would have on the Bills...

Jabari said it would have no negative effect what so ever. That this team can be even better without having the "rah rah" type of team leaders. He thought that this team now has a bunch of players that know how to just do their jobs. They do not need the constant "rah rah" types for motivation.

Turner...

He said a runningback with Turner's skills would be very welcomed on the team. That was it on Turner.

Jabari was asked if he felt like he was going to be able to win the spot vacated by Clements or if it was Youboty's job...

He laughed, Greer made no mistake that he was going to give it his all to win that spot. He then said it would be in the lord's hands after that. That if he were to not win it, then he would do whatever job was asked of him to the fullest.

Bills draft...

Laughed and said he had no idea what they are going to do and said he just hopes that they don't draft a cornerback in the first round! That brought out the biggest laughter.

The last tidbit was they talked about his foundation that helps out single dads (waaaaay too many Willis jokes to be had hear so I'll just move along). The hosts asked him how to contact Greer and he said, no lie..."you can call me on my cell phone at (insert real cell number)". The hosts, shocked by this, said that he can expect a ton of Bills fans to be calling him and predicted that Jabari will be changing his cell phone number within a week. Then they said he did this on purpose so that the hot Buffalo women who saw him in the Cosmo issue will be able to cantact him.

Lots of laughs and lots of fun! Jabari Greer sounded like a great guy, good luck to him in his battle for that starting CB position.

Thanks for posting that!

I found this interesting:

The host then focused more on what kind of effect losing these team leaders like Fletch and Spikes would have on the Bills...

Jabari said it would have no negative effect what so ever. That this team can be even better without having the "rah rah" type of team leaders. He thought that this team now has a bunch of players that know how to just do their jobs. They do not need the constant "rah rah" types for motivation.

I think that is what Marv and Dick are looking for- the internally motivated player who doesn't need that cheerleading. Good post.

Was I the only one who caught the interview? A lot of what I'm writing is definitely paraphrasing the actual conversation. I didn't have a pen and note paper with me to take it down verbatum. If anyone else heard it feel free to correct me or add to anything I missed.

Greer sounded like a really fun guy. The hosts (one of them was from Buffalo and a big Bills fan) and Greer did a great job touching on a vareity of Bills topics. There was a lot of laughter and friendly ribbing going on. The first thing they mentioned was that Greer was voted in the top 25 of Cosmos sexiest athletes and ribbed him on this for a couple of minutes. Then they first praised him for his outstanding special teams play. That he was one of the best special teamers in the league (he's was second in tackles on the team). Then they started to ask him what the hell was going on with all of the big name departures and his feelings on them leaving.

Said Willis was not so good at expressing himself and that he definitely had no ill will towards Buffalo or it's fans. He said Willis felt misunderstood.

They mentioned Willis' comment downgrading Buffalo women and this is when they all got on a tangent about how there are so many hot women in Buffalo and also how many great restaurants there are.

A funny story Jabari had...he and Holcomb were both sitting at a table eating lunch together and watching ESPN. Watching the ticker at the bottom of the screen Jabari turns and immediately askes Holcomb if he knew he had just been traded to the Eagles. They both cracked up because that's how Holcomb found out he was no longer a Bill.

Turner...

He said a runningback with Turner's skills would be very welcomed on the team. That was it on Turner.

Jabari was asked if he felt like he was going to be able to win the spot vacated by Clements or if it was Youboty's job...

He laughed, Greer made no mistake that he was going to give it his all to win that spot. He then said it would be in the lord's hands after that. That if he were to not win it, then he would do whatever job was asked of him to the fullest.

Bills draft...

Laughed and said he had no idea what they are going to do and said he just hopes that they don't draft a cornerback in the first round! That brought out the biggest laughter.

The last tidbit was they talked about his foundation that helps out single dads (waaaaay too many Willis jokes to be had hear so I'll just move along). The hosts asked him how to contact Greer and he said, no lie..."you can call me on my cell phone at (insert real cell number)". The hosts, shocked by this, said that he can expect a ton of Bills fans to be calling him and predicted that Jabari will be changing his cell phone number within a week. Then they said he did this on purpose so that the hot Buffalo women who saw him in the Cosmo issue will be able to cantact him.

Lots of laughs and lots of fun! Jabari Greer sounded like a great guy, good luck to him in his battle for that starting CB position.

Possibly your BEST POST EVER!

Thanks a lot. Seriously

Possibly your BEST POST EVER!

Thanks a lot. Seriously

Now this is the sign of the apacolyspe! Holy crap. :thumbdown:

Thanks guys, for all of the pats on the back (I can't believe I remembered as much as I did). Sirius radio is one of the best inventions ever for NFL football fans. I don't know what I'd do without Sirius NFL channel (though this interview was on a different Sirius sports station).

Hey guys....this is Larry Shea, one of the hosts of The Fellas which is the show that Jabari was on last night on Sirius Channel 126....

Just so you all know, out of the three hosts on the show, two of us are big Buffalo Bills fans and we have Bills on all of the time including Nate Clements, Jabari of course (he'll be on again soon as he has become a good friend of the show), Marv Levy, and many others.

Jabari really did give out his personal cell phone over the air last night which is hilarious....that never happens. We asked him to give the information on the foundation he was promoting and he said, "Just call me on my cell phone at 716........!!!

I'll let you all know when we get another Bill on but in the meantime, check out The Fellas every Friday night on Sirius 126 from 7pm ET to 10pm ET. We talked about the Bills and Buffalo for about 45 minutes last night trying to give you guys your Buffalo fix. Thanks all for your great posts and keep on listening.

Turner...

Bills draft...

great 411.. i wasn't in the car so i couldn't hear it.. I hope he has that starting job for a year or two.. from what i recall he was pretty stout at the position.. we should be fine there.. we aint drafting leon hall!