Here is what Marv should do with the first Bills draft pick

Tolstoy

Take the best player available in one of the most important positions on the team.

Why? The only way to get ahead of other teams in the league is with superior talent. Plugging holes in the lineup will make a team competitive, but not superior.

As I see it, the most important positions on the team are D-line, O-line, QB, RB, CB, and LB. As it happens, withe the exception of QB, they are all positions of need on the team. So, if I were Marv, I would take the player that is rated highest on their draft board at one of these positions (with the exception of QB).

Since I don't have access to their draft board, I have no idea who that will be. No predictions here...

Take the best player available in one of the most important positions on the team.

Why? The only way to get ahead of other teams in the league is with superior talent. Plugging holes in the lineup will make a team competitive, but not superior.

As I see it, the most important positions on the team are D-line, O-line, QB, RB, CB, and LB. As it happens, withe the exception of QB, they are all positions of need on the team. So, if I were Marv, I would take the player that is rated highest on their draft board at one of these positions (with the exception of QB).

Since I don't have access to their draft board, I have no idea who that will be. No predictions here...

So if Marv does not do as you say then he should resign his position b/c obviously you know best. Boy I sure wish you were the Bills Owner/GM/Coach and QB, that way everything would be right with the world and peace will reign. <_<:D

So if Marv does not do as you say then he should resign his position b/c obviously you know best. Boy I sure wish you were the Bills Owner/GM/Coach and QB, that way everything would be right with the world and peace will reign. <_<:D

Wow, go easy on Tolstoy. He had a very good point, you need to pick the best player available at #12. The sarcasm isn't really called for is it?

I agree.

Drafting purely for need usually is silly. What isn't a need or a hole this year might be one next year. I think you use free agency to get yourself into a position to draft the BAP. I also think your corollary to this rule makes sense: draft the BAP at the most important positions.

There are, of course, exceptions to the BAP rule--like stockpiling QB's, or totally ignoring certain positions. "Need" is a factor; but it shouldn't be the sole basis for our drafting decisions.

Wow, go easy on Tolstoy. He had a very good point, you need to pick the best player available at #12. The sarcasm isn't really called for is it?

No, I don't think I'm out of line. My post has nothing to do with if he's right or wrong. It's about the fact that he (like many) seem to think he knows more then the brain trust at one bills drive. Granted, in the pre-marv days I even felt myself scratching my head thinking what the heck are they doing. But to be arrogant enough to say if Marv and company don't do what he thinks then they would be wrong, well that deserves a knock to get him off the high horse.

IMHO are the best least used words here (IMHO that is)

Well, I think it's pretty clear that Marv IS smart...no doubt about that one. Not only is Marv smart, he is informed and experienced.

You on the other hand...?????????

:rolleyes:

No, I don't think I'm out of line. My post has nothing to do with if he's right or wrong. It's about the fact that he (like many) seem to think he knows more then the brain trust at one bills drive. Granted, in the pre-marv days I even felt myself scratching my head thinking what the heck are they doing. But to be arrogant enough to say if Marv and company don't do what he thinks then they would be wrong, well that deserves a knock to get him off the high horse.

IMHO are the best least used words here (IMHO that is)

:rolleyes:

Didn’t TD draft best player available and not for need? How did that work out?

IMO, IMHO or IMAO

I had to search that... but yes, absolutely.

TD did not draft the best player available all the time. High motor guys are seldom that.

It'll be a defensive pick. A good defense and a passable offense can win a lot of games, a good offense and a passable defense will split. The defense isn't good enough yet so this draft will be defense-heavy again, especially since the Bill lost 3 starters.

If he is there

Willis is an elite player at a position of need.

Bills need to trade up to #10 to make sure they get him.

Consolation prizes at #12 will not produce a difference maker (Peterson will not drop that far)

:rolleyes::thumbsup::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

So much hatred... So... So much freakin' hatred...

SHUT UP WITH THE COMMON SENSE ALREADY.