We MUST have...

NewEra

Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch or Michael Turner as our starting RB next season.

While we do have holes on our defense, our biggest goal should still be setting JP up with the ingredients to allow him to flourish.

Our defense needs help, but we can get help with our other picks. We dont need any help on the DL. We need 1-2 LB and a CB. we have enough picks to fill those holes.

We can trade up for peterson and still add a LB and CB

We can take Lynch and get quality LB/CB in the 2nd and 3rd.

We can trade a 2nd or 3rd (and something in next years draft) for Turner, then draft willis or hall. If they arent there, trade down and add picks then draft Poz, Beason, Timmons, Revis, Ross.

We are sitting in a good spot. But in order to have a successful draft, we MUST add one of those 3 RB's. JP and our offense NEEDS them. Disagree if you like, but the only other RB in this draft that I can see as a potential star is Antonio Pittman (and his size scares me). We are the Buffalo Bills, we have 2 of the top 10 running backs in NFL history in our past. JP needs a 3rd in order to reach his potential.

Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch or Michael Turner as our starting RB next season.

While we do have holes on our defense, our biggest goal should still be setting JP up with the ingredients to allow him to flourish.

Our defense needs help, but we can get help with our other picks. We dont need any help on the DL. We need 1-2 LB and a CB. we have enough picks to fill those holes.

We can trade a 2nd or 3rd (and something in next years draft) for Turner, then draft willis or hall. If they arent there, trade down and add picks then draft Poz, Beason, Timmons, Revis, Ross.

We are sitting in a good spot. But in order to have a successful draft, we MUST add one of those 3 RB's. JP and our offense NEEDS them. Disagree if you like, but the only other RB in this draft that I can see as a potential star is Antonio Pittman (and his size scares me). We are the Buffalo Bills, we have 2 of the top 10 running backs in NFL history in our past. JP needs a 3rd in order to reach his potential.

I agree we need to find a RB too but why does it HAVE to be one of those three?

Many would argue that the defense needs to be addressed, but another way to look at it is that a good offense that sustains drives is more of an asset (to the "D") and will allow the entire defense to rest. No matter how talented the LB or other defensive prospect may be, they'll get tired and be no better than average if they're on the field for 40 minutes a game. Additionally, a RB probably has the least amount of learning curve time when coming in as a rookie. A rookie LB is still going to make bonehead mistakes, at least through the first half of the season.

I agree we need to find a RB too but why does it HAVE to be one of those three?

Because the other options available just arent good enough. Period.

Julius Jones/Pittman may fit the bill as well. But we need a stud RB in order to keep the pressure off JP and opposing defenses from focusing on Lee Evans and the deep threat that our offense brings to the table.

Because the other options available just arent good enough. Period.

Julius Jones/Pittman may fit the bill as well. But we need a stud RB in order to keep the pressure off JP and opposing defenses from focusing on Lee Evans and the deep threat that our offense brings to the table.

what about rookie prospects, have you completely written them off as well?

You mean rookie prospects like Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch referenced in the very first line of his post?

The rookie prospects other then peterson and lynch (maybe pittman)....yes, I have written them off. We don't have time to take chances on HOPING we get a steal. We need to make sure we get a quality RB. Iron, Bush, Hunt, etc.....Watch the tapes of them. You can see star quality in AP, ML and MT...the others, just dont have it. not even close.

The rookie prospects other then peterson and lynch (maybe pittman)....yes, I have written them off. We don't have time to take chances on HOPING we get a steal. We need to make sure we get a quality RB. Iron, Bush, Hunt, etc.....Watch the tapes of them. You can see star quality in AP, ML and MT...the others, just dont have it. not even close.

okay so not only are you our resident expert on "star" power.

learn to read imo.

you also specialize in retrograde snaps.

running backs selected high in the draft is by no means a guarantee they will be great in the NFL. In the 1998 draft would you rather of had RB Curtis Enis at pick 5 overall or Ahman Green at pick 76? In 2002 would you rather of had William Green at #16 overall or Clinton Portis at #51 overall? Would you rather have Michael Bennet at #27 or Rudi Johnson at #100? Last year look at all the rookie RBs that contributed besides Mr Bush at pick 2:

1 2 Reggie Bush RB Southern California

1 21 Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota

1 27 DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis

1 30 Joseph Addai RB Louisiana State

2 45 LenDale White RB Southern California

2 60 Maurice Jones-Drew RB UCLA

3 74 Brian Calhoun RB Wisconsin

3 79 Jerious Norwood

6 170 Wali Lundy RB Virginia

Enough of the talk that we need to draft either Lynch or Peterson or the sky will fall please

I COMPLETELY AGREE!

I have posted so many times, with info about Super Bowl winners, the fact that the real premium guys rarely go unnoticed and are high first rounders, etc. If the offense goes backward, we could easily end up back in 2005, with a team divided over the QB, and pissed off veterans.

Some people think it's easy to find another Clinton Portis in the 2nd round. I think that is wasting a pick. You have to go for it, it might not turn out, but it is the BEST way to build a Super Bowl Winner, instead of just an above average team that goes to the playoffs for a few seasons, but never wins the big one.

For the record....I would be perfectly happy with A train as our starter this next year....

They guy can run, block and catch......he hits holes hard which should be available with this revamped line.....

A Thomas is a pretty good back-up, kind of an older Dominick Rhodes. He is not gonna lead the Bills to the Promised Land, get real.

running backs selected high in the draft is by no means a guarantee they will be great in the NFL. In the 1998 draft would you rather of had RB Curtis Enis at pick 5 overall or Ahman Green at pick 76? In 2002 would you rather of had William Green at #16 overall or Clinton Portis at #51 overall? Would you rather have Michael Bennet at #27 or Rudi Johnson at #100? Last year look at all the rookie RBs that contributed besides Mr Bush at pick 2:

1 2 Reggie Bush RB Southern California

1 21 Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota

1 27 DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis

1 30 Joseph Addai RB Louisiana State

2 45 LenDale White RB Southern California

2 60 Maurice Jones-Drew RB UCLA

3 74 Brian Calhoun RB Wisconsin

3 79 Jerious Norwood

6 170 Wali Lundy RB Virginia

Enough of the talk that we need to draft either Lynch or Peterson or the sky will fall please

Right. Tons of backs have been drafted through the years, lots don't turn out. Some guys are 3rd and 4th rounders that have real good careers. , but LOOK AT THE SUPER BOWL WINNERS! Almost all 1st Round guys. THERE IS A REASON!

You gotta take the chance. AGAIN, one team wins, 31 lose. Most Super Bowl winners had a 1st round guy....I don't know how else to put it. You draft a 1st round guy, you have a BETTER chance (not a gaurantee)