Michael Turner's agent reportedly given permission to talk w/Bills

From our other Bills board.....WGR55 is reporting...

"Michael Turner's agent is meeting with a team to negotiate a contract and that team is believed to be the Buffalo Bills according to Jeremy White on Wgr 550am in Buffalo, they didnt elaborate but if that is the case then maybe the Bills and SD have agreed on a trade, maybe not pure speculation, just found it interesting that WGR is reporting this!"

Git' er done

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Michael Turner's agent is meeting with a team to negotiate a contract and that team is believed to be the Buffalo Bills according to Jeremy White on Wgr 550am in Buffalo, they didnt elaborate but if that is the case then maybe the Bills and SD have agreed on a trade, maybe not pure speculation, just found it interesting that WGR is reporting this!"

Git' er done

I heard it on WGR 55 this morning also. They were talking about the trade being a 3rd this year & a 1st next year. If that is the case(not sure if this is true or not) I think that is a little too steep for Turner.

Git' er done

I thought Turner was a Restricted Free Agent. That would give his agent license to talk with every team in the league. Did I miss something?

I heard it on WGR 55 this morning also. They were talking about the trade being a 3rd this year & a 1st next year. If that is the case(not sure if this is true or not) I think that is a little too steep for Turner.

Something tells me the Bills are going to make that deal and although your right that it's a bit steep I thing they have their sights set on taking Patrick Willis and want to get the RB position out of the way. I think Turner would be a great addition.

if that's the case, i also think it's too steep for him. Why not make next year a higher conditional pick based on performance...it he performs great then we'd be OK with giving up a high pick, if not then we give them something lower....

something like this years and next years 3rd, with next year's 3rd being conditional; if Turner ranks in the top 10 RB's SD get a 2nd rounder, and if he's a top 5 back then they get our first. IF AJ is so hell bent on getting so much in return based on how good he is, he shouldn't have to worry much about this...

we shall see if any of this is true though...

Thats WAAAY to steep for Turner!

There is no way in hell the Bill will trade next years first because with a much tougher schedule and somewhat of a rebuilding year, the team will likely win 5-6 games which would give them a Top 10 pick in the Draft .

Too much

Agreed Clump...but if its true -- I love the fact that we are sending the message we want to build a team to win now...this team is basically going to be together intact for the next 3 years..next year hopefully the holes to fill will be few. Next year's first round pick is a crapshoot and may not be needed to fill a hole.

Turner has shown he can succeed at the NFL level...6 yards per carry on 157 carries with good speed...never really been injured...this is a good risk to take. We still have 3 picks in the top 100 and we fill the LB and CB with new talent with those--both positions have good talent depth in the draft...

If this is true -- I am pumped...

Thats WAAAY to steep for Turner!

There is no way in hell the Bill will trade next years first because with a much tougher schedule and somewhat of a rebuilding year, the team will likely win 5-6 games which would give them a Top 10 pick in the Draft .

I disagree. If the Bills can land Turner and draft Patrick Willis I believe the Bills can be a 9 & 7 team next year.

I just can't fathom giving away two picks for a RB--one of them a 1st rounder.

If Edge and Shawn Alexander couldn't net a 2nd round pick a few years ago, how can Michael Turner be worth a 1st rounder plus some?? :unsure:

It's very important that we give too much because there are a few people left who aren't convinced that our offseason has left the team completely FUBAR'ed. Once we get those people to pile on, we can then go back into our shell until next year.

I heard that it was a 3rd this year and a conditional 1st based on performance. I guess this is all speculation though.

I can live with that IF the Bills were to get a pick back if we ended up giving up the 1st rd pick....SD gives us a 4th. If the Bills only give up a #2 in '08, no pick back to us.....only if we give up the 1st

if that's the case, i also think it's too steep for him. Why not make next year a higher conditional pick based on performance...it he performs great then we'd be OK with giving up a high pick, if not then we give them something lower....

something like this years and next years 3rd, with next year's 3rd being conditional; if Turner ranks in the top 10 RB's SD get a 2nd rounder, and if he's a top 5 back then they get our first. IF AJ is so hell bent on getting so much in return based on how good he is, he shouldn't have to worry much about this...

we shall see if any of this is true though...

As you said, pending the validity of this rumour, what you suggest sounds like a fairly decent deal considering our needs and options available. I will be seriously pi$$ed if we give away a 1st round pick - of either this year or any future years.

Too much

It sounds like too much to me also. However the key is to what extent this actually is a truly CONDITIONAL 1st rounder.

If the condition is that we give up a first next year if we can get a deal done and we give up a first if he rushes for lets say the #16 RB in the NFL (or starts 13 for us -the maximum # of starts A-Train ever had) then this is not necessarily a bad deal for us).