Sweet Jesus!

:thumbsup::lol:

What the hell they so upset about? You think Jesus is mad? LOL

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/30/chocolate...s.ap/index.html

The hotel and the gallery were overrun Thursday with angry phone calls and e-mails. Semler said the calls included death threats over the work of artist Cosimo Cavallaro, who was described as disappointed by the decision to cancel the display.

Does anyone think we will have an atheist president anytime soon? I don't

:thumbsup::w00t:

The hotel and the gallery were overrun Thursday with angry phone calls and e-mails. Semler said the calls included death threats over the work of artist Cosimo Cavallaro, who was described as disappointed by the decision to cancel the display.

maybe just a Darwinian one, ya know? Then we can start arguing about his logic about the Great Truth being flawed. Meanwhile, we will pray and be thankful for Mrs. Garrison's contribution to human evolution theory.

Chocolate ==> Easter ==> Jesus' crucifixion

Are the Catholics outraged at the chocolate? Because it's edible? Do they not --- according to Catolic doctrine, after the father's blessing --- literally eat Christ's body at every communion?

Are the Catholics outraged at the nudity? Do they think Jesus was without genitalia? How did He pee, then? A part of Christ's body is "sickening"? Blasphemy! And I thought it was common for the Romans to crucify people in the nude.

But I guess there is some progress toward free speech (and what seperates us from most of the Muslim world) in that the Church didn't command to break it apart and behead the artist... tho we are only a couple of centuries removed from that.

Are the Catholics outraged at the chocolate? Because it's edible? Do they not --- according to Catolic doctrine, after the father's blessing --- literally eat Christ's body at every communion?

Are the Catholics outraged at the nudity? I thought it was common for the R

But word of the confectionary Christ infuriated Catholics, including Egan, who described it as "a sickening display." Bill Donohue, head of the watchdog Catholic League, said it was "one of the worst assaults on Christian sensibilities ever."

Ever!

But word of the confectionary Christ infuriated Catholics, including Egan, who described it as "a sickening display." Bill Donohue, head of the watchdog Catholic League, said it was "one of the worst assaults on Christian sensibilities ever."

Ever!

Bill Donohue and the Catholic League does not speak for the Church but for a minority

constituency within it.

At times it is often at odds with the U.S. Bishops.

FOX, CNN, MSNBC etc. just love this guy.

This guy could watch the Food Network and Weather Channel and see Anti-Catholicism at work.

Bill Donohue and the Catholic League does not speak for the Church but for a minority

constituency within it.

At times it is often at odds with the U.S. Bishops.

Most Catholics don't even know who Donohue is.

:thumbsup::w00t:

If was a statue of Mohammed the place would have been bombed already and the artist would have been killed.

Theo Van Gogh any one?

Are the Catholics outraged at the nudity? Do they think Jesus was without genitalia? How did He pee, then? A part of Christ's body is "sickening"? Blasphemy! And I thought it was common for the Romans to crucify people in the nude.

But I guess there is some progress toward free speech (and what seperates us from most of the Muslim world) in that the Church didn't command to break it apart and behead the artist... tho we are only a couple of centuries removed from that.

This seems to say a lot more about you than it says about Catholics.

I think the artist entitled the work:

"My Sweet Lord"

A good George Harrison rip off... Ironic, because Harrison had to pay after the court case which ruled that he ripped the sound to that song off: "He's So Fine" by The Chiffons...

Gee... I can see the logical extension in all this!

:thumbsup:

Weirdest part about this is that I swear I've seen chocolate with Christian images on it and maybe even in the shape of crosses before. I've probably even eaten it.

So is Donohue pissed off because they made a really, really big chocolate Jesus or just that he didn't get a piece?

mmmmm.....sacrilicious.....

Weirdest part about this is that I swear I've seen chocolate with Christian images on it and maybe even in the shape of crosses before. I've probably even eaten it.

So is Donohue pissed off because they made a really, really big chocolate Jesus or just that he didn't get a piece?

mmmmm.....sacrilicious.....

His bread and butter is being publicly aggrieved.

The other part of this that I find amusing is the museum removing the exhibit for fears of safety as if

the 65 senior citizens of the Catholic league were ready to rampage.

If was a statue of Mohammed the place would have been bombed already and the artist would have been killed. Theo Van Gogh any one?

Shhhh.....Theo Van who?

Clearly a case of who can be the bigger idiot. The asswipe who made the thing, the NY media who have been short stroking it all over this story, Donohue and the rest of the scum who make a living out of being "outraged", the sheep who allow themselves to get all worked up over the story, etc.

The good part is that in a week no one will remember any of these people because something more 'important' will happen. Say, it's been a long time since a 20-something blonde disappeared, hasn't it?

The good part is that in a week no one will remember any of these people because something more 'important' will happen. Say, it's been a long time since a 20-something blonde disappeared, hasn't it?

What was her name? :thumbsup:

And its not even the fact its a Chocolate statue...its the fact that its Christ with HIS rooster HANGING OUT. Sorry..Christ was NEVER portrayed as naked. Ever. So dont tell me...molton....that isnt a problem.

"Oh my god, a naked Jew! My christian sensibilities are offended!"

Did they at least make him well hung or was he sportin 2 1/2? You'd have to think the son of God was packing a huge dong no?

It would give new meaning to "The Holy Trinity".

Yeah...I'm going to hell for that one... :thumbsup: