Marv is God!

Frez

They're all unproven starters but why give up 2 draft picks (1st and 3rd) for an unproven starter when you can just draft an unproven who is younger and naturally has more upside.

I am completely against the aquisition of Turner, the situation reeks of Lamont Jordan.

The Bills don't have to give up 2 draft picks. If they were going to sign him to an offer as an unrestricted FA they would have done so by now. If the Bills acquire Turner (of if anybody does) it will be via a trade and that trade will be for significantly less than a 1st and 3rd rounder.

True, Turner has 3 years in the NFL but he spent them learning from the best back in the NFL. Don't you think 3 years behind LT has helped him gain better vision and workout habits..? - he should be a very refined RB coming from this situation. True he might never be better than LT, but I could count in one hand the number of backs in the NFL and in the draft that could be.

I'm starting to go along with the thinking that the most prudent deal for turner would be to swap 1sts with SD. Sure we'd drop down to 30th from 12th, but i have some reasons.

1. Ralphie would save some cash on the draft pick in the low 1st.

2. We could still go LB in the late first round, because theres not a huge dropoff, and there appears to be a good number of nice LB's to select. Willis, Poz, Timmons, Seiler, B. Davis, beason... any of these guys probably could and would still be available at the end of the first.

3. We'd still have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. If anything, we could always flip the 30th and one of our thirds to move up to around 22-25 and snag our LB right there.

I'd still have no problem with trading a straight up 2nd rounder for tuner, but i'd almost rather have picks 30, 44, 70-whatever and 90-something along with turner as opposed to 12 and then 70 with turner.

For SD, everything i am hearing points to them needing secondary and WR help. Picking at 12 would give them a shot at reggie nelson at S, any one of the CB's (probably wouldnt go CB with jammer and cromartie, last year's first rounder), or they could have a shot at any WR not named calvin johnson.

Unless it's a trade for Turner the Bills would have to give up 1st and 3rd round picks in this years draft to sign him.

Awful idea, he's unproven and has never carried the ball for a full season.

I'll be ok with trading for him ONLY if we would have to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

How is Ricky free? Phins own his rights. No?

Mark my words, somebody is going to take a flyer on Ricky for a 3-4 year deal (based on perf. and behavior)and we're going to wish it had been us. The fins Have Ronnie Brown now and are gun shy to bring Ricky back.I say he will be had for a middle round pick which is free when SD is asking a 1st and a 3Rd. from report on the NFL network.

This would be a horrendously stupid move.

Remember LaMont Jordan, famed backup of Curtis Martin?

What happened to him when he had to carry the running load for a team?

jack squat

I was just thinking the same exact thing.

Swapping firsts would be awful. Turner is a 25 year old back, besides according to draft charts sd would have to give us half their draft just to move up from 30 to 12. The 30th pick being of 620 points 12th being 1200.

The chargers would realisticaly have to give us their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rd pick and they would still wouldn't equal the value of of the 12th pick. Turner is already 25 years old realisticaly you're getting a back who may or may not be good a career high of 80 carries in a season is hardly sufficent evidence, someone who's shown nill as a receiver, and according to a pre draft bio his vision isn't all that good. I'd sit at 12 draft someone else and force sd's hand and look elsewhere. SD may think they can set the market for turner but Id much rather let the market determine his value then overspend on someone who just may be a good backup rb.

Excellent post. I could not agree more.It would be worth giving up our second which is a very high choice this year. Bringing in a back with NFL experience and very little wear and tear seems like a good choice for a 2nd rounder. This guy is not worth a first round pick in my opinion and I believe GB will step in and give it up. My main concern would be this guys contract demands. I say we draft Willis or Lynch whomever is there and work our way around that.

On the other hand. I could live with swapping 1st round picks with SD getting Turner and also aquiring there 2nd and use that to get back in the middle of the first to grab Willis. I am really not sold on Beason or Poz. In an interview on NFL Network Beason seemed very cocky and stated he wants to only go to an ideal situation that is "taylored to his game". Keep dreaming kid. Next!!

Lets be honest, there's no RB worth a 1st round pick, other than Peterson... forget about Lynch at 12.

Also, Turner is not going to provide any value to SD if he stays, so I think we should stick to our guns with a 3rd round selection. Besides, all of the other teams interested in Turner are atleast 7 draft picks behind the Bills, so unless someone offers a 2nd or 1st round pick, Turner will be a Bill by the end of the draft.

Lets be honest, there's no RB worth a 1st round pick, other than Peterson... forget about Lynch at 12.

Also, Turner is not going to provide any value to SD if he stays, so I think we should stick to our guns with a 3rd round selection. Besides, all of the other teams interested in Turner are atleast 7 draft picks behind the Bills, so unless someone offers a 2nd or 1st round pick, Turner will be a Bill by the end of the draft.

except of coures the falcons...