workplace prank for April Fools

justnzane

ok, I have this guy that I work w/, named steve that we razz all of the time about his sexuality and he cracks back about us, ya know all in good fun. So I had the idea where I'd buy him a sheet cake w/ custard creme filling, rainbow colored stripes for the frosting, and in writing "Congratulations Steve for Coming Out!".

I am delivering it to him tomorrow and think it will be hysterical when he sees this. I have to say that Steve will take this in good humor so I don't have to worry about the whole sexual harassment garbage either.

Anyone else got good pranks coming up, besides trying to Rosen the board on sunday?

ok, I have this guy that I work w/, named steve that we razz all of the time about his sexuality and he cracks back about us, ya know all in good fun. So I had the idea where I'd buy him a sheet cake w/ custard creme filling, rainbow colored stripes for the frosting, and in writing "Congratulations Steve for Coming Out!".

I am delivering it to him tomorrow and think it will be hysterical when he sees this. I have to say that Steve will take this in good humor so I don't have to worry about the whole sexual harassment garbage either.

Anyone else got good pranks coming up, besides trying to Rosen the board on sunday?

Links are unavailable. Still, I'm sure it's all very amusing...

Wouldn't really call that an April Fools prank, probably just a lame joke at best. I agree with Bud, a punch in the face should be expected.

The best I've heard is an office manager friend of mine stayed late the night before and switched a whole bunch of people's computer connections so that the guy in Cubicle A's mouse was attached to the CPU of the guy in Cubicle B and so on. It took them forever to figure it out. I'm not sure how much productivity was lost. :lol:

Here's my favorite office prank. This works for someone who uses Word or Microsoft Outlook for email. While they are away from their desk, you go into their AutoCorrect function and change a bunch of words. Here are some of my favorites…

- Change the person's name (as well as the words "I" and "me") to something stupid. Example: I did it to a guy I work with named Pete. I changed it to "The P-Man!" That way, throughout everything letter or email he types, it looks like he's constantly referring to himself in the third person as The P-Man!

- "if" --> "if you think" (makes everything seem strangely confrontational)

- "thanks" --> "dyno-mite!"

- "thank you" --> "love ya baby"

- "please" --> "just for kicks"

- "the" --> "the everlovin'"

- "this" --> "this'm here"

- "price" --> "cash money amount"

In many cases, the person will not even realize until after they have sent it and they look like a lunatic.

Have an application I wrote. It hides in the Windows OS, and for one minute every hour (roughly, plus or minus 15 minutes), it intercepts every key stroke and does something to it - changes it to a different letter, buffers them all and spits them out in one long stream, puts up a message "The letter 'x' is incorrect, please choose a different letter"...

Yeah, nerd humor...but imagine someone's reaction when their keyboard intermittently and sporadically starts doing weird things for absolutely no reason...and so intermittently and sporadically it defies detection. :blink: I figure my victim will go through three keyboards in two weeks before anyone figures it out...

Small pranks such as switching the N and M keys on a keyboard work great. Another one is taking a screen cap of a person's desktop and setting it as their wallpaper works wonders. Though the best office prank I remember is when a girl left her computer but failed to lock it so a guy went in and set her desktop to appear upside down. The girl's who desk where it was started complaining and the guy who pulled the prank said he'd fix and instead of resetting the desktop he turned her monitor upside down. Needless to say everyone on the floor was laughing at that one.

Just a little update. So i get Steve's workers to walk in w/ me and we bring out this giant sheet cake. He looks at us totally confused. So, we give him the opportunity to read the cake and he starts laughing hysterically. He then grabs his phone take a pic, and sends it to his wife. Afterwards we ate some cake and left what was left for him to take to his in-laws tonite and for him to explain the story of the rainbow cake that said "Congrats Steve on..."

Even though it was a little bit pricy for a gag, Steve's face was priceless when he read the cake :blink:

Here's my favorite office prank. This works for someone who uses Word or Microsoft Outlook for email. While they are away from their desk, you go into their AutoCorrect function and change a bunch of words. Here are some of my favorites…

- Change the person's name (as well as the words "I" and "me") to something stupid. Example: I did it to a guy I work with named Pete. I changed it to "The P-Man!" That way, throughout everything letter or email he types, it looks like he's constantly referring to himself in the third person as The P-Man!

In many cases, the person will not even realize until after they have sent it and they look like a lunatic.

LMAO That is one of the funniest things I have ever read on this board! Damn, I wish I worked in an office this week

I've used that one as well....makes for a great afternoon at the watercooler

Also, getting to work early to completely cover a friends cubicle or office in aluminum foil or post-it notes is equally entertaining. As well as superglueing staplers to desks.