What are your thoughts about...

USMCBillsFan

I agree 100%, some kids don't realize that a cool tatoo on a 21 year old becomes a eye sore on a 30 year old. Don't much care for the huge tramp stamps either, smaller ones can be hot, but the ones that cover half the back are just creepy...

My wife works in a nursing home and says it is even worse when a 21 year old becomes an *80 year old!

I have one I got about a decade ago, placed on my arm, above the length of a short sleeve shirt. Got my ear pierced too.

I do not mind the tatoo, but I look at it now and ask myself "why". :nana:

I stopped wearing the earring when I started interviewing for jobs in January.

Personally, if it is tasteful, I am fine with good ink!

My wife works in a nursing home and says it is even worse when a 21 year old becomes an *80 year old!

I have one I got about a decade ago, placed on my arm, above the length of a short sleeve shirt. Got my ear pierced too.

I do not mind the tatoo, but I look at it now and ask myself "why". :nana:

I stopped wearing the earring when I started interviewing for jobs in January.

Personally, if it is tasteful, I am fine with good ink!

I am fine with good ink as well, its the tatoo of Yosemite Sam holding mugs of beer that I believe could come back to bite ya....

I bring this up because the Marine Corps just passed a new order. As of April 1st Marines can no longer get tattoos that can be seen in a standard pt uniform (normal t-shirt and shorts). So basically the only place a Marine can get a tattoo is on the shoulder and chest and back. As a Marine who has a few significant tattoos on my arms I think they are getting a little too micromanaging. I understand we're military and have to be "uniform" but they are taking one of the few traditions left (the Marine Corps is HUGE on tradition) and getting rid of it. If they wanted to restrict tattoos on the forearms or anything below the elbow I can understand that but I just think it's getting stupid. Marines and tattoos are synonymous with each other. All I can say is thank God I retire in a year. :nana:

I think if the marine needs a tattoo to establish his masculinity he/she should go right ahead and get one. God knows the marines can use all the help they can get.

personally, I think the whole tatoo craze has gotten out of hand....to me, nothing looks more ridiculous than a person covered in tatoo's....nothing wrong with one on the upper arm, or for girls on their ankle ;), other than that I think tatoo's are pretty stupid...but that is just me

:lol:

I am not a fan of tatoos at all, but that said, two of my employees are covered in what I am told is extremely high-quality work (relatively speaking), and they are two of the best coders in the business so as long as they continue to deliver a quality product and good attitude, I could care less about the ink.

looking for more coders? ;)

Personally, I am not a tatoo fan. However, I am cool with freedom and individuality. I am not too crazy about conformity. The first ones getting the tatoos were trailblazers. After that, some of the tatoo aficianados were simply followers and wanabes. Conformity has it's place in the armed services, some jobs, athletics, etc. With a good number of tatoo people that I know, they are desperately trying to be a somebody. Having a tatoo has become a way of posturing for some of the young. It is a rite of passage for others. A couple of weeks ago, I witnessed a near fight on a San Diego street in the middle of the day because one guy said something to his friend about a group of heavily tatooed guys passing by. People get very upset when their tatoo does invite the response they were hoping for. Having a tatoo is supposed to have some level of prestige with certain people. I try to be fair with who I meet. Whether one has a tatoo or not doesn't matter so much. I try to give people a chance in life. The rest of a person's story is more important than the cosmetic.

However, as for the ladies, it is their business what they do with their skin but I view it as a turnoff.

Specifically, for the armed forces, if they want harmless tatoos, let them have it. They do more courageous things in various places in the world than I could ever imagine. However, I do wish the armed services could do something more to deter the lifelong anchor of smoking. The model of physical fitness for the enlisted should be a lifelong lifestyle (for all of us).

Ridiculous. Half my Field Artillery unit would have been subject to that rule.

USMC Shuns Marked Men

The current USMC crackdown has a lot of do with the marines making their recruiting numbers. They now have to find ways to decide who to accept, and who to reject. Folks with an abundance of tattoos are not welcome. The army, however...

;)