Bills taking a pounding on Sirius NFL Radio

Plus, Kirwin's actually right (amazingly so), that the offense will have to pull a lot more weight this season. That DOES mean more pressure on JP.

That depends on whether the Bills can replace Clements and a less-than-100% Spikes. I'm saying right here and right now that the O-line and D-line will be better and that they'll draft a RB who, in-tandem with A-Train and/or Fred Jackson, won't be any worse than Willis and A-Train.

Kirwin was flat out wrong regarding Holcomb starting last year. But what I also heard today that they were amazed at how many of the veteran players took them aside and tell them off the record how badly they wanted Holcomb to start instead of JP.

I'm sure Kirwan will be just as surprised at how few of those veterans he sees THIS year in Buffalo.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Kirwan will be just as surprised at how few of those veterans he sees THIS year in Buffalo.

That seems to be the MO doesn't it. Dissention in the ranks is not looked upon favorably. Vincent is gone, Moulds is gone, Spikes (who griped about Vincent being gone) is gone, Holcomb (who was the cause of the dissention-though possibly not through his own words-you never know) is gone, Willis (move the team to Toronto, et al) McGahee is gone.

Makes you wonder what Nate and London were saying behind closed doors because everyone else who has left has had at least one locker room dividing thing about them. London moreso than Nate in my eyes b/c Nate was going to walk regardless.

Marv went through the 89 bickering crap and you have to wonder how that shapes his thinking. The Bills made a couple subtractions after 89 that would have been ripped today. They jettisoned starting WR Chris Burkett in mid-season who then signed on with a division rival and replaced him with James Lofton who at that point was too washed up for the Raiders. They let their best pass catching back (Ronnie Harmon) and starting NT (Fred Smerlas) walk for no return via Plan B FA in the off-season. In retrospect those three guys were possibly some of the biggest me players on the roster at that point. I see a similar trand here. Me guys out, we guys in. Anyone who takes sides against the family gets the Fredo treatment.

Great use of parentheses, Falstaff.

I think that Marv's moves towards low-key high-character players will bring like minded Bills fans out of the woodwork. We are essentially low-key. We strive to be high-character.

As long as these players can grind out wins, I think this strategy will be good for us.

If they're going to hammer Buffalo for trading their old, noodle armed, backup QB for a conditional draft choice there isn't anything they WON'T hammer them for so let it go.

...well said. that belongs in somebody's sig. line...

Adam Schein and Jim Miller just had a great talk about what the Spikes deal does for Buffalo. They both love Buffalo's DT rotation now and believe that McCargo and Williams are going to be great. Then they mentioned the draft and said that Buffalo should go for either Peterson or Willis, depending on who's available. Finished by saying Willis would be to Buffalo what Urlacher is to Chicago, and that a LB group of Ellison-Willis-Crowell could make the defense one of the best in the league.

;) Good to see some people are noticing what the Bills are thinking. I'm really starting to like Jim Miller as an analyst. He is by far my favorite to listen to.

I don't recall where I read it, but I think there's a lot of truth to the fact that Holcomb would be better suited in Philly than with Buffalo based on the different types of offenses the teams run. Kinda like how Garcia had success there with the West Coast O, Holcomb could have similar success should McNabb go down again.

That is just crazy talk. Garcia is all about the goofy choice, keeping plays alive, leaning on his playmakers and such. He has spent his LIFE in some variation of the west coast offense.

Checkdown Kelly had his best success in a Butch Davis Cowboy looking offense (OC Arians came from Indy IIRC) that was about making the right reads and the right throws. He had some monster games, enough that he was our answer for a time. He should have succeded here. He looked like he fit.

Kirwan and Ryan should have wondered about that. That part of the deal should frighten Philadelphia.

Adam Schein and Jim Miller just had a great talk about what the Spikes deal does for Buffalo. They both love Buffalo's DT rotation now and believe that McCargo and Williams are going to be great. Then they mentioned the draft and said that Buffalo should go for either Peterson or Willis, depending on who's available. Finished by saying Willis would be to Buffalo what Urlacher is to Chicago, and that a LB group of Ellison-Willis-Crowell could make the defense one of the best in the league.

;) Good to see some people are noticing what the Bills are thinking. I'm really starting to like Jim Miller as an analyst. He is by far my favorite to listen to.

I'd favor going Willis, then a CB (2nd round pick or after a trade-up into the 1st depending on if there's a run, sorry Bill in NYC :wallbash: ) and then a RB. Then a TE.

I'd favor going Willis, then a CB (2nd round pick or after a trade-up into the 1st depending on if there's a run, sorry Bill in NYC ;) ) and then a RB. Then a TE.

I am presently happy with the CB's on the roster, BUT would certainly not oppose taking a guy on the first day. Throwing a Tanard Jackson, Chris Huston, or Marcus McCauley into our depth chart would really bolster our defense. And with the depth at that position in the draft this year, maybe we could get a steal later on much like we did with Youboty last year.

JP is going to have a lot of pressure. The best thing the Bills can do is get someone who can run with the rock to try to relieve that pressure. For the past couple of years, JP has had the benefit of 8 men in the box to defend against our run game. If other teams are not going to respect our run game, I feel sorry for JP.

That is not to say that the Bills should automatically choose an RB in the first round if Peterson is not available at 12. If Peterson is not available at 12, I presume the Bills would take someone like Willis. I just hope that they get a good RB later in the draft.

I was hoping the Bills would take Okoye at 12. With the Walker trade, I presume he is not in our plans now.

Schein can get annoying w/ all the high pitched whining. Miller is someone worth listening to on Sirius though.

The surprising thing is that the more I get to listen to Solomon Wilcots, the less intelligent he seems. There was a time when I thought he was one of the best in the business. I'm not so sure any more.

Well if there was any doubt that these 'analysts' aren't professional enough to get their heads out of their own biases, this oughta do it. This is just more lazy journalism. When the Bills signed Holcomb nobody out there used the word coup. ESPN and the rest of them all yawned. Now it's years later and Holcomb got beaten out by a guy 10 years younger (ish) and NOW it's a coup?

Ridiculous. And these guys get paid.

You notice how the media always say how suddenly great the players bills traded away are...but when they played for us they never had anything to say about them.

It is just out and out bias. It's like sub-conscious racism. They can't help themselves.

You notice how the media always say how suddenly great the players bills traded away are...but when they played for us they never had anything to say about them.

It is just out and out bias. It's like sub-conscious racism. They can't help themselves.

The Bills are a race? ;)

Spending a King's ransom on FA OLs gets noticed.

Of course, but for the wrong reasons.....

I remember, heading up to FA beginning, every guy bitched about how the Bills won't pay for anyone and hence won't be active in free agency.....

Once FA began and the Bills proved every one wrong by signing Kelsay, Dockery etc,. all these guys came pounding back on the bills, claiming how the bills over spent on all those talent....

If you are the Bills, you will be punished for doing nothing as well as doing something....That is the nature of the business.....All this will be forgotten once the Bills run the Cinderalla story...

Go Bills.