The best thing about this trade

The money aside, I'm deliriously happy that they were able to trade Takeo Spikes at all. Obviously, he passed his Eagles physical and now Darwin Walker is here as a missing piece of the puzzle! The conditional pick is probably tied to Takeos' performance, so for 15 games I say go Takeo! One game is against the Bills if anyone was wondering....

Spikes 6 m

Holcomb 2.9 m

Total 8.9 m

Walker 1.3 m

8.9 - 1.3 = 7.6 Million!!!!!

That is money thats gonna be used to lock up JP and Lee

Great Job Marv keep it up :worthy:

ahh you beat me too it! i was crunching the numbers as you posted it! good job though!! you know what's the best part about these numbers though? Saving ALL of Holcomb's salary. Had we cut him we would have eaten the bonus money. The only other way to save that money was if he retired. Now we dump it and don't lose a thing!

The numbers are probably the best thing about this trade. Although the savings most likely will just go to getting "under" the cap to cash policy, which we were a little bit over before this deal. Anyways, the numbers worked out very well for us.

BTW, i wish Spikes all the luck, I hope he gets everything he desrves in Philly. He's a first class guy all the way...

i think we should keep all our picks and not trade up or down unless we absolutely have to. we. we have too many holes to fill so the extra picks will help .

Explain? Which of our starters (LB and RB excepted because those are our two main holes) do you want to see benched/cut?

DT-I like our rotation with Walker

DE-Have our rotation, and Hargrove back here for depth

LB-Big need

Safeties-No explanation needed

CB-We have four decent guys...could use an upgrade, but Youboty will win the spot and it isn't a hole to fill

OL-All our signings and our young guys...no big need here

WR-Evans, Price, Roscoe, and Reed in our four receiver sets

TE-Could use a playmaker, but we are fine overall

RB-Big need

QB-I like Nall #2

FB-Not sure...I think we will not use one very much next year

ST-Very strong

So I don't see how we have more than two holes, which would better be filled by trading up. Our other picks are for depth or upgrades (CB). So if we come out of this with the best LB and RB we can, and a day 1 CB, the other picks are less crucial. So if our 2nd plus one of our 3rds gets us a better LB/RB by moving up, I am all for it.

I thought Spikes got 4.7 and Holcomb 1.9?

Your numbers are a little closer. He was counting cap figures and not necessarily salary/cash figures. We save about 4 million in cash on the trade. The Cap figures we save are pretty much immaterial because we are not going to come close to the salary cap, and because we lose a little on dead cap money for Holcomb and TKO. All it really means is we saved 4 mil in cash for this year, and 5-6 mil in cash for next year.

Your numbers are a little closer. He was counting cap figures and not necessarily salary/cash figures. We save about 4 million in cash on the trade. The Cap figures we save are pretty much immaterial because we are not going to come close to the salary cap, and because we lose a little on dead cap money for Holcomb and TKO. All it really means is we saved 4 mil in cash for this year, and 5-6 mil in cash for next year.

Thanks for the explanation. I wonder how much Brown would cost? We might be able to sign him now with this extra cash.

Thanks for the explanation. I wonder how much Brown would cost? We might be able to sign him now with this extra cash.

i don't think there was a financial problem trying to sign him before, he's just taking his time deciding on (or trying to drive up) offers

As for the cap space, this is money that is free to sign FA's, they have money already allocated to sign the picks they make in the draft