Its Darwin Walker for Spikes and Kelly

seq004

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

they both competed in Track and Field (shotput) in college.

Maybe, but its not what I had in mind

They both have a college degree or they both own a business.

see above

Come on ROCCEO

So what do they have in common now??? Shotput?

Both have played in a defensive line rotation with Corey Simon.

I think this is a good pickup for the Bills...however, getting rid of their only true "veteran" at LB is tough to swallow, even though Spikes is on his last year or two in this league. Darwin Walker should fill in the rotation nicely with the rest of their guys. This will make it interesting to see how it all plays out on Draft day....Do the Bills go after Willis at 12, shore up the LB position, or do they draft a RB high? Or a CB?

To be honest, I would not be surprised to see them trade down about 5 or 6 spots if they feel that they can get someone a little later, plus pick up a draft pick. Maybe trade down and get Posluszny plus a pick or two later on....

Trust me. Mark it down. The Bills will draft Poslusny right at #12 b/c the teams just below have needs at LB and a Bay-Area team picked a player at the position of need that we are targeting in Round 1 just like last year (Oakland S Michael Huff). This year Patrick Willis goes to SF.

And, maybe even more surporsing to many is us taking Poslusny at #12 even thiugh Wilis IS available. I get a strong feeling that the roster move of Crowell to ILB is permanent b/c they like his smarts and veteran presence. That leaves us missing a starting OLB and the Bills probably love Puz. I personally like Justin Durant and qunicy Black better in a lower round than 1. Bills will do Puz in Rnd 1 and Brian Leonard in Rnd 2.

Leonard helps JP in pass-protection and out of the backfield and is a nice compliment to A-train, Shaud Will, and Fred Jack.

Then in round 3 will look at OL, CB, or maybe depth at LB and S ...

My bet is we see 2 LB's on day one, and neither will be Willis.

I happen to think you are probably right. Willis will likely be gone by #12 and I'm guessing we don't trade up to get him. That leaves Poz, perhaps, and another with one of our 3rd rounders.

Of course, there are MANY more small moves to be made. Players will be cut and minor trades will be made. They might only draft one day 1 LB, and pick up depth from another team.

But your scenario is a pretty likely one, IMO.

I happen to think you are probably right. Willis will likely be gone by #12 and I'm guessing we don't trade up to get him. That leaves Poz, perhaps, and another with one of our 3rd rounders.

Of course, there are MANY more small moves to be made. Players will be cut and minor trades will be made. They might only draft one day 1 LB, and pick up depth from another team.

But your scenario is a pretty likely one, IMO.

I think the curve ball ends up being Timmons.

A few thoughts on all of this......

Regardless of what the conditional pick is....this was a good move. There was a very real possibility that Takeo Spikes was going to be outright released later on in camp especially if he didn't show that he had made it back from a injury that is very difficult to make it back from. Not only did they trade Takeo for a starting player at another need positon but they were class by trading him to a contender....Takeo shouldn't have anything bad to say about Buffalo in this situation.

As for throwing in Holcomb.....to me that is what the conditional pick is for if it is a 7th rounder....Holcomb should have been flat out released already he regressed BADLY in training camp last year and didn't fit our scheme.

Another comment.....I dont know if anyone realizes it or not but the Levy plan is very very evident:

Get a veteran player at each position of need (RB, DT, OL, etc etc) so that they dont have to REACH in the draft because they need a certain position. The only position they have not signed a veteran to is LB......which will probably be addressed more then once in the draft and we are already set at two starting LB postions with Ellison (who quite frankly outplayed Spikes last year) and Crowell

Marv is biulding a young, fast team.

dont want to make it commonplace but, looks like the draft is going more towards defense this year but best of luck to TKO and now i can breathe because i didnt have a spikes jersey to retire, looks like i need to purchase a losman, evans, parrish, or just get a throw back and not worry about a trade retiring more of my bills jerseys

I like the trade. If Spikes wouldn't have blow that achillies, I would have disliked this trade immensley but he was just not the same player. Virtually non-existent when he was in there last year. Time to move on.

I was a little worried when I saw Walker's website. It says he is "Engineered for Carnage" and has a list of his "Casualties". Fortunatley, the list was just of the QB's he has sacked in his career. Pretty crazy. Bills fans should like him.

My bet is we see 2 LB's on day one, and neither will be Willis.

Let me echo yours and The Deans comments to a certain degree. I think we will see 2 LB's on day 1. I do however, hope you are wrong and we manage to get Willis. We could end up with with a very young defense with tons of upside.

I actually am not upset that we lost Holcomb. He doesn't fit our offensive scheme even though he is an excellent back up. The benefit of Nall getting more snaps in practice outweighs the loss of his veteran (weak armed) presence.

As to TKO...I will miss him. He was a great player for us and I wish him the best with his career. In the cash to cap approach though, he was simply too expensive unless he returned to 95% of the player he was before. I will reserve full judgement on the trade until I see what the conditions are on the 2008 draft pick.

Let me echo yours and The Deans comments to a certain degree. I think we will see 2 LB's on day 1. I do however, hope you are wrong and we manage to get Willis. We could end up with with a very young defense with tons of upside.

I actually am not upset that we lost Holcomb. He doesn't fit our offensive scheme even though he is an excellent back up. The benefit of Nall getting more snaps in practice outweighs the loss of his veteran (weak armed) presence.

As to TKO...I will miss him. He was a great player for us and I wish him the best with his career. In the cash to cap approach though, he was simply too expensive unless he returned to 95% of the player he was before. I will reserve full judgement on the trade until I see what the conditions are on the 2008 draft pick.

i agree with your post. i, too would love to get Willis. I just don't think we will.

Fu#k New Jersey. :(

Yes, Fu#k New Jersey. It is right to say such things.

Say it proudly with me: Go back across the bridge, You Jersey Douchebag! Get out of my parking spot, You Jersey Douchebag! There is no right on red in this city and you almost killed me, You Jersey Douchebag! You live in one giant suburb of two cities; which are the only reason you exist(except for AC of course), You Jersey Douchebag!

But most of all: Fu#k New Jersey, You Jersey Douchebag!

Both have played in a defensive line rotation with Corey Simon.

Wow! Let me be the first to say..........................

Whoopty Fuggin Doo! That was about as obvious as "They both played in college". :(

I think this is a good pickup for the Bills...however, getting rid of their only true "veteran" at LB is tough to swallow, even though Spikes is on his last year or two in this league. Darwin Walker should fill in the rotation nicely with the rest of their guys. This will make it interesting to see how it all plays out on Draft day....Do the Bills go after Willis at 12, shore up the LB position, or do they draft a RB high? Or a CB?

To be honest, I would not be surprised to see them trade down about 5 or 6 spots if they feel that they can get someone a little later, plus pick up a draft pick. Maybe trade down and get Posluszny plus a pick or two later on....

If Peterson drops to us, I can see us trading with GB. We can then take Lynch (while GB takes Peterson) and use the extra pick we got from GB to trade back into the first to pick us Poz or Timmons.

i agree with your post. i, too would love to get Willis. I just don't think we will.

Willis is THE draft.

Bills need only give up 100 points to move to #10 to ensure they get him.

Since teh MLB is so critical to the success of teh cover-2, it is essential they get a potential stud playmaker at MLB.

Bills will draft Willis.

The difference in speed and athleticism between Willis and Pos is ridiculous. You can get a slow white guy with a leg injury anywhere in the draft. Timmons would have more upside to play on the outside.