Its Darwin Walker for Spikes and Kelly

seq004

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: Before anyone asks it's at http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/default.jsp If don't see it click on Top Story.

The owners may be away, but that didn't prevent the Eagles from completing a trade Monday night as the team acquired linebacker Takeo Spikes and quarterback Kelly Holcomb from the Bills in exchange for defensive tackle Darwin Walker and a conditional draft pick in 2008. More details to follow ...

Is Walker any good?

He's averaged just under 2.0 tackles a game for his career and posted 26.5 sacks over the past 5 seasons. All things considered I'd say he's above average for his position and like the trade.

WGR 55 just reported it on their news. Sorry no link

I updated my post as was about to look at the message board and found it.

Is Walker any good?

Solid, veteran D-Line prescense. Not a true difference-maker though.

What do walker and tripplett have in common?(bonus points for anyone who can point it out)

He's averaged just under 2.0 tackles a game for his career and posted 26.5 sacks over the past 5 seasons. All things considered I'd say he's above average for his position and like the trade.

Under 2 tackles a game is above average? thats less than 32 tackles a season.. the sack numbers are good though.

What do walker and tripplett have in common?(bonus points for anyone who can point it out)

They both play DT for the Buffalo Bills?

that's actually not bad for a DT. They just don't get a whole lot of tackles.

True in he ranked about 43rd amongst DT with 36 tackles last year in and considering most Ds play two DTs that's slightly below average if consider the 32nd ranked DT average but when factor in his sacks would say all things considered he's above average.

Bills | Team acquires D. Walker

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:48:13 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Buffalo Bills have acquired Philadelphia Eagles DT Darwin Walker and an undisclosed draft pick in exchange for LB Takeo Spikes and QB Kelly Holcomb.

Eagles | Team acquires Spikes and Holcomb

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:44:40 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have acquired Buffalo Bills LB Takeo Spikes and QB Kelly Holcomb in exchange for DT Darwin Walker and an undisclosed draft pick.

Pardon me for being such a noob (and it's also 3 AM here...) but what a contitional 2008 pick means? That the kind of pick is to be defined nex year by some eventual achievements from Walker?

Thanks,

Breni

Both aging, both played on only one team before coming to the Bills, both virtually the same weight and height, and both jersey numbers are in 90's...any of those right?