Fred Jackson: Wildcard. Boom, Bust, Bore or Bounced?

Boom, Bust, Bore, or Bounced?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Fred Jackson, 216lb NFLE "star". Will he be.......

• Boom! Suprisingly good. A 1a or 1b back.
    • Bust. A training camp hero but regular season dud.
    • Bore. Averages 3.1 yards a carry on 10-20 tries.
    • Bounced. EuroFred gets cut in preseason.

I think he's probably just this year's version of Tory Woodbury, Ken Simonton, Kamil Loud, Clarence Coleman, George Wilson, Lionel Gates, etc. He may make the team and he may be better than I expect, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I think he's probably just this year's version of Tory Woodbury, Ken Simonton, Kamil Loud, Clarence Coleman, George Wilson, Lionel Gates, etc. He may make the team and he may be better than I expect, but I'll believe it when I see it.

clearence coleman hahaha

lional gates i still believe would be nice.

Should I have added another category? Can't think of anything the starts with "B" that means role-player, where a guy can be effective in rare spot duties. Banger maybe?

How about "Burninator" in honor of your avatar? Say, "Hi." to 'Da Cheat' when ya see him for me, Ric. ;)

I honestly think he could lock down a roster spot on this team.

yeah to maybe replace Shaud Williams and even that's a stretch. If Jackson sniffs this lineup in any position putside 3rd string RB then we have severely downgraded our depth at RB from last year. As let's not forget he was on our practice squad most of last season yet don't recall him ever being called up even when Willis was definately going to be out with injured ribs and went with two RBs in A-train and Shaud.

Anyone remember Anthony Gray? Gray actually led the entire NFL in preseason yards for the Bills in 1999. The Bills then promptly cut him when they got down to the final 53-man roster.

Here's a link: 1999 player moves (Check out the contracts. Winfield 5yrs/7million - can you imagine getting a 1st rounder for that today?)

Jackson = Gray