What happened to this board???

nemhoff

This happens every few years...people get comfortable with who says what and have finally gotten their ignore list to a nice steady balance and then new names start popping up asking what we think about trading a 1st and a 3rd for Michael Turner (still haven't gotten the consensus on that one....anyone?)

We should start a poll. Any volunteers?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this board has always been a mess. Too many people with strong opinions and an intollerance for anyone who views things differently.

heck when the Gulf War started this board had more right wing conservative nut jobs posting pro-war, pro-Bush BS then football crap.

Today we get to look back and realize just how rediculously retarded those meatheads where, and probably still are.

So TSWs downfall its George W Bush's fault? :w00t:

How about a poll of the top 10 RBs of all time!!! Wait, well, how about the best cheerleader...that would be great! Wait a minute...I'm out of ideas.

Hey in my defense the cheerleader thing was a joke in response to all the other "best of all time" threads..

It wasn't in jest. It just wasn't important. Anyone honestly hurt by anything I say probably deserves it.

I'm sure they are better since you stuck a stilletto in them. Deserved it, eh?

Told them they were just dirt under your feet...

C'mon...

Change.

So TSWs downfall its George W Bush's fault? :w00t:

In case you haven't gotten the memo, Liberals are not allowed to say or post anything without finding a tie-in to their belief that the current administration is the source of all the world's woes, past and present. I'm starting to believe them, and just ordered my Hillary and Rosie in '08 pin, bumper sticker and Scotchguard carpet protector.

It will settle down and of the 300 new members that join after the season, only a few ever make more than 50 posts it seems. Things even out. In one year, JSP will still be cranky, DC Tom will have a new name, Darin will have used " :w00t: " at least 2000 times and mead will still want wine.....but GoB1LLZ07KellyMouldsReedTD348378 will most likely be long gone.

Don't worry about it....just enjoy the ride. :w00t:

You know, its interesting that you bring this up. I have thought for about the last 7 months or so that it is incredibly easy to tell who is going to stick around on TSW, and who is going to be a one time poster or a troll.

If they have some kind of name having to deal with a past player or multiple past players like the name of the member in your post above, they are more than likely not going to stick around. If they have a personalized name or a name that in a way engulfs a persona or a name which is recognizable, they are more likely to be the individuals who stick around for the long haul.

No offense intended...I was just kidding around! It's a slow time of year! :w00t:

None taken.... I meant that to be a lighthearted "in my defense" plea....I need to use more smiley faces in my posts so the tone is clear :w00t:

None taken.... I meant that to be a lighthearted "in my defense" plea....I need to use more smiley faces in my posts so the tone is clear :w00t:

Tone is a tough thing to judge in a typed message. It's all good and we all wish we had a cheerleader for every day of the week!!

Have things really changed that much? It seems to me we have a plethora of mentally-challenged, football ignorant, blowhards looking to pick a fight. :w00t:

(I know...I'm here...right? Save it. :w00t: )

Yeah, theirs a whole new breed of "ICE" on the board aren't we lucky? He used to really say some stupid statements that got a lot of replies which I always thought is all he really wanted. Some of it was funny. Oh yeah, and plain stupid.

you know I don't have the most posts here, but I do check for news and updates every day over the past three years. What has happened to this board? Three years ago it was filled with really good conversation on the Bills, people talking with respect for each other, and questions being answered by real and smart fans.

It seems now that the jr. high kids have taken over. Who the hell is Goo? We now have people talking smack to each other that are supposedly on the same team, and I am not talking about trolls.

I miss the old days of the Stevestojan filter, LA Billz laying it down, LSI, Clumping, and DIBS holding down the fort. Is there any way that we can kick out everyone that wasn't born before 1994?

I am relatively new here and I was born before 1994 but from what I have seen it's pretty civil on this board. I don't know what topics or threads you've been reading but since I first came to this board I have been treated pretty good. Occasionally I will make the bone head statement of the month, but considering I'm one of the newbies on this board I really don't get treated too harshly at all. I think that your just having a "I remember when moments."

You know, its interesting that you bring this up. I have thought for about the last 7 months or so that it is incredibly easy to tell who is going to stick around on TSW, and who is going to be a one time poster or a troll.

If they have some kind of name having to deal with a past player or multiple past players like the name of the member in your post above, they are more than likely not going to stick around. If they have a personalized name or a name that in a way engulfs a persona or a name which is recognizable, they are more likely to be the individuals who stick around for the long haul.

Interesting synopsis. I think I buck that trend though, having once posted under another name but checking the wall regularly for all of 3 years now. Basically, it's about personal character. While it's true that tone is a difficult thing to judge in written form, if you're respectful from the beginning when making a post or observation and someone immediately 'smacks' you, it's likely they're 'fly off the handle' type anyways. The true test then comes in how you react.

It wasn't in jest. It just wasn't important. Anyone honestly hurt by anything I say probably deserves it.

I feel kinda left out. You hardly ever call me a douchebag any more. Being called a "dick" by a clueless newbie just doesn't cut it.

you know I don't have the most posts here, but I do check for news and updates every day over the past three years. What has happened to this board? Three years ago it was filled with really good conversation on the Bills, people talking with respect for each other, and questions being answered by real and smart fans.

It seems now that the jr. high kids have taken over. Who the hell is Goo? We now have people talking smack to each other that are supposedly on the same team, and I am not talking about trolls.

I miss the old days of the Stevestojan filter, LA Billz laying it down, LSI, Clumping, and DIBS holding down the fort. Is there any way that we can kick out everyone that wasn't born before 1994?

After a handful of years not making the playoffs might have something to do with this.

Hey in my defense the cheerleader thing was a joke in response to all the other "best of all time" threads..

Hey, even i caught that, buggy. What's wrong with these other jamokes?