Moss to GB for Rodgers, others close to being done?

jri111

http://rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

The Boston Herald's Michael Felger reports that the Packers and Raiders are "on the verge" of announcing a trade that will send Randy Moss to the Packers.

It's odd a Boston writer is breaking the story, but he's also an ESPN radio host and from Wisconsin. We heard rumblings Wednesday night it was close and profootballtalk.com pegged most of these details days go. The deal will reportedly include Aaron Rodgers, Raiders TE Courtney Anderson, and a conditional Oakland pick in 2009 based on Rodgers' production. Moss will reportedly restructure his deal to catch passes from Brett Favre. While this will help Moss' numbers, don't assume either Favre or he will be elite fantasy starters. Rodgers' presence makes it more likely, though far from certain, that Oakland will draft Calvin Johnson with the first overall pick. In the end, this is a salary dump. Donald Driver and Greg Jennings owners can't be happy.

Source: Boston Herald

Related: Brett Favre, Donald Driver, Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Walter, Greg Jennings

------------

If this is true that could mean the Raiders go after calvin johnson and would ensure that Cleveland woud have a choice at one of the top 2 QBs... If Det has both QB options would they take Russel? or pass up and take Joe Thomas? What does this do to the buc? probably a Defensive guy.

What's the biggest effect this could have on the Petterson situation?

I think it would look something like this:

1. Oak - Calvin Johnson

2. Det - Thomas

3. Clev. - Quinn/Russel

4. TB - Def?

5. Arizona - Def/trade down

this could entice a lot of movement at the top of the draft. would vikes or houston move up to try to get one of them. very interesting. Draft day is going to be awesome!!

I don't think the Raiders would trade Moss for a backup QB. Who knows, but I doubt it.

The Raiders traded a standout WR for a backup QB to Buffalo (ironically said QB was also a draft pick of the Green Bay Packers too) and did pretty good in the deal. As the QB went onto win numerous MVP awards and led them to a Super Bowl, incase you've forgotten about Daryle LaMonica.

Hmm. I don't think the Bills would ever trade a first round pick for a back-up quarterback.

Not at all when we did it we also threw in a fourth for good measure.

Why would anyone presume that Aaron Rogers is envisioned as anything more than a backup? He has looked awful in the NFL.

how many starts has he actually had???

the guy has thrown a total of 31 passes in the NFL and you are already writing him off saying he has looked awful

I don't think the Raiders would trade Moss for a backup QB. Who knows, but I doubt it.

what value does Moss really have these days, he's been injured the past couple years and looks to be on the downside of his career

maybe the Raiders actually think of Rogers as a starter...the guy was picked in the first round a few years ago and hasnt had anything close to a chance in the NFL to prove himself so stating he is a backup QB is premature dont you think

:unsure: Yup... all 31 passes that he's thrown. :lol::(:P

Your nickname reminds us all of the worst possibility for giving it up for an unproven QB. If the Raiders make this move they are officially the dumbest franchise in all of sports. (assuming they also wouldn't draft Russell)

Wow, I think this makes GB in the hunt for a 1st round QB, unless they are thinking Favre is never going to retire. The lost one of their options last year to Buffalo, and now trading away another heir to the GB QB thrown in Rodgers. This move would probably eliminate a QB choice for Oakland at #1

Seems like the Raiders are giving up ALOT for an unproven starter with potential. But Moss wasn't going to stay in Oakland anyway

Your nickname reminds us all of the worst possibility for giving it up for an unproven QB. If the Raiders make this move they are officially the dumbest franchise in all of sports. (assuming they also wouldn't draft Russell)

its not like they are trading their first round pick for him, they are trading a disgruntled WR that has been injury prone as of late and is on the downside of his career for a young QB that was a former first round pick....I think its a no brainer for the Raiders

this trade also lets them draft Calvin Johnson who just happens to be the best player in this draft

the question then becomase where does Russel end up now? Detroit and Cleveland could both go QB now and Peterson's chances of dropping could increase