Moss to GB for Rodgers, others close to being done?

jri111

its not like they are trading their first round pick for him, they are trading a disgruntled WR that has been injury prone as of late and is on the downside of his career for a young QB that was a former first round pick....I think its a no brainer for the Raiders

this trade also lets them draft Calvin Johnson who just happens to be the best player in this draft

the question then becomase where does Russel end up now? Detroit and Cleveland could both go QB now and Peterson's chances of dropping could increase

Exactly. Moss is a negative for that team now.

its not like they are trading their first round pick for him, they are trading a disgruntled WR that has been injury prone as of late and is on the downside of his career for a young QB that was a former first round pick....I think its a no brainer for the Raiders

this trade also lets them draft Calvin Johnson who just happens to be the best player in this draft

the question then becomase where does Russel end up now? Detroit and Cleveland could both go QB now and Peterson's chances of dropping could increase

And it also increases the chances that GB can get one of the top two RB's in the first round.

what value does Moss really have these days, he's been injured the past couple years and looks to be on the downside of his career

maybe the Raiders actually think of Rogers as a starter...the guy was picked in the first round a few years ago and hasnt had anything close to a chance in the NFL to prove himself so stating he is a backup QB is premature dont you think

Why yes.....yes I do!! :lol:

Any others?

:lol:

I heard that the Raiders, in addition to Rodgers, want a conditional pick in next years draft, from the Packers. The worse Rodgers does, the higher that pick would be. The Packers are balking at this, because, they say, the Raiders entire offense is in such a shambles, that conditional pick is almost guaranteed to be too high a price for them to pay. The Pack wants the conditional pick to be no more than a 4th round pick, the Raiders want a second. Also, the Packers are said to have expressed doubts that the Raiders would be on the up and up, and let Rodgers reach whatever conditional incentives were in there, so they could asure themselves of getting the highest pick.

IMO, all due respect to Dave McBride, how can anyone say that Rodgers is no better than a backup, already?

If I were the Pack, I wouldn't trade for Moss to begin with. However, if I just had to have him, it would be straight up for Rodgers. The Packers invested a first round pick on Rodgers, he has barely had a chance to play, but has spent a few seasons on the bench, learning in the NFL. This would make him a little more valuable to me.

The payoff, for the Raiders, IMO, is much higher than it is for the Packers, if Rodgers turns into a legit NFL starter. I think there is just as much evidence that Moss is done, as there is that Rodgers is a bust, at this point in time. There is much more upside to Rodgers than Moss at this point. What we know of Moss is that he is (or was) one of the most talented receivers in the NFL at one time, but has always had questionable work ethic, attitude and lockerrroom prescence. His time in Oakland has been marked by petulant behavior, injuries, and going through the motions. How long is he going to last, or his attention be drawn toward winning, if the Packers don't win out of the gate, or he becomes a secondary player in the media's inevitable "Favres' last chance" stories?

If the Pack wants to stock Favre with a good stable of receivers, to make a good run at another Super Bowl, they should look elsewhere. Personally, I think they have pretty decent receivers in GB already, they just can never seem to keep them all healthy.