Need a more witty responses

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got an buddy who insists that Kevin Curtis is a much better receiver than Lee Evans.......after I stopped laughing and picked myself off the ground....he keeps coming at me.

Does anybody feel like making up some obnixous comebacks to this clown?

Your buddy sounds like an eagles fan.

Don't worry, they'reall like that. Ive heard it all, from, "Darwin Walker might be one of the strongest guys in the league" to , "ND Kalu could really emerge this year".

Kevin Curtis < Lee Evans.

Although he is proboboly better than Josh Reed.

Well it's official.......here is the bet we've made, since Curtis signed with the Eagles we've made the following bet. Barring injury whoever outperforms the other in terms of receiving yards will have to wear the jersey of the bet winners choice to a major establishment.

He also points out that Curtis now makes more money than Evans so what does that say? I fell over laughing and said, Jim Kelly at age 47 could make 10 million dollars a year in this inflated market!!!

Can't wait to see him sport a Losman jersey. I think it will look good on him and hopefully it fits over his straight jacket.

This is what he just wrote.......

"Well you robotically ignore all the other areas where Curtis is superior to Lee Evans so I guess the hard numbers are the only thing left.

Curtis is faster, far better hands, smarter, more versatile, more experienced, fearless, better route runner and I will guess he is also a better blocker but I can't confirm that one. You deny all these facts so I guess the numbers will have to be our barometer now that both guys are starters."

Sigh..............

"Well you robotically ignore all the other areas where Curtis is superior to Lee Evans so I guess the hard numbers are the only thing left.

Curtis is faster, far better hands, smarter, more versatile, more experienced, fearless, better route runner and I will guess he is also a better blocker but I can't confirm that one. You deny all these facts so I guess the numbers will have to be our barometer now that both guys are starters."

Sigh..............

Is your buddy that press secretary guy from Iraq who kept telling reporters that the Americans were no where near baghdad as the US tanks were rolling by?

Well it's official.......here is the bet we've made, since Curtis signed with the Eagles we've made the following bet. Barring injury whoever outperforms the other in terms of receiving yards will have to wear the jersey of the bet winners choice to a major establishment.

He also points out that Curtis now makes more money than Evans so what does that say? I fell over laughing and said, Jim Kelly at age 47 could make 10 million dollars a year in this inflated market!!!

Can't wait to see him sport a Losman jersey. I think it will look good on him and hopefully it fits over his straight jacket.

You need to up the ante. Someone this seriously stupid needs for it to hurt when he loses.

I've got an buddy who insists that Kevin Curtis is a much better receiver than Lee Evans.......after I stopped laughing and picked myself off the ground....he keeps coming at me.

Does anybody feel like making up some obnixous comebacks to this clown?

your buddy must be a die hard eagles fan that believes Curtis was a much better signing then resigning Stallworth

I like Curtis, he filled in nicely for I.Bruce during the 2005 season but he is better suited as a slot #3 WR. I think the Birds gave him way too much money which I think shows that they panicked a little one they lost Stallworth

That's the route I took except he insists that Curtis' action is held up because he is behind to hall of famers in Bruce and Holt. I said in the salary cap era if Curtis was so good then why did they cut Bruce and re-sign him a year or two ago?

well, to be fair, he was pretty damn good for my fantasy football league 2 years ago when bruce was injured

he was just floating around on the waiver wire because no one knew who the hell he was

well, to be fair, he was pretty damn good for my fantasy football league 2 years ago when bruce was injured

he was just floating around on the waiver wire because no one knew who the hell he was

:nana: So football execs are just as clueless as we are?

Lord, I hate contributing to indulging an idiot, but the NFL history is littered with decent No. 2 receivers padding numbers opposite an All-Pro, and Curtis is next in line.

Sigh..............

Curtis is not faster. That's obvious to just about anybody.

Curtis does not have better hands. Although they both have really good hands.

Smarter? According to who?

More Versatile? Lee could play Splt, flanker, or slot... Curtis plays slot

Experienced? Ok fine

Fearless? ummm... see "Smarter?"

Better route runner? Both seem pretty darn good to me, especially Lee with all those double-move routes.

Blocker, I doubt it as both are willing and Lee is a bigger guy than KC

Seriously all the guy has to do though is ask ANYBODY else in the entire world that watches football and he'll find quickly that not one other person agrees. :nana:

Curtis is not faster. That's obvious to just about anybody.

Curtis does not have better hands. Although they both have really good hands.

Smarter? According to who?

More Versatile? Lee could play Splt, flanker, or slot... Curtis plays slot

Experienced? Ok fine

Fearless? ummm... see "Smarter?"

Better route runner? Both seem pretty darn good to me, especially Lee with all those double-move routes.

Blocker, I doubt it as both are willing and Lee is a bigger guy than KC

Seriously all the guy has to do though is ask ANYBODY else in the entire world that watches football and he'll find quickly that not one other person agrees. :nana:

This may well be true. I recently asked Curtis' mother if her son was better than Lee Evans. After some uncontrollable laughter, she managed to look at me with that doglike head tilt and said, "What have you been smoking boy? I LOVE my son, but he's no Lee Evans. Lee Evans is a stud!"

She wandered off muttering under her breath, "Boy thinks Kevin is better than Lee Evans. What kind of a fool..." That's all that I heard as she walked out of earshot.

Sigh..............

Hard numbers :nana:

Sigh..............

Sounds like your boy has a bit of a man crush...

I hear you all.......nice to hear some common sense. I figured it was a slow time right now before the draft and it would help us pass the time, that's why I started this thread. It's been good for a laugh.

Sigh..............

Your friend is not stable. My guess is that every night he blows out the candles in his Kevin Curtis basement shrine, goes upstairs and puts on his Kevin Curtis jammies, crawls under his Kevin Curtis blanket, then kisses his Kevin Curtis pillow before going to sleep and dreaming of Kevin Curtis.