Chargers New Unis

I see 3 different jersey colors. Looks like they have the right idea of combining the old with the current, creating something new.

The best part is that they are going back to the white helmets. Looks great. I wish the Bills went back to the white helmets.

Another thing, if you take the bolt logo and put an eyeball on one end, could it pass for the Sabres new logo?

http://www.chargers.com/

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...ms_N.htm?csp=34

I see 3 different jersey colors. Looks like they have the right idea of combining the old with the current, creating something new.

The best part is that they are going back to the white helmets. Looks great. I wish the Bills went back to the white helmets.

Another thing, if you take the bolt logo and put an eyeball on one end, could it pass for the Sabres new logo?

A nice looking uni just got better. I, too, would like to see the Bills go back to white helmets. Either Buffalo will do, standing or charging.

This really pisses me off. Those are sweet unis, and just provide a further reminder of how the Bills (read: Donahoe) screwed the pooch on the 2001 redesign.

Marv, please fix the mess that is the Buffalo uniform. Please.

You guys actually like how the lightning bolt is done on the shoulders? The bolt on the white jersies aren't so bad with the blue background, but on the navy & powder blues? It looks like someone at the design firm didn't know how to use an alpha channel and make the background transparent. That's the kind of work I would have done on my 286 PC back in 1993.

The helmets are cool, the jersey colors are great, but those shoulder bolts ruin it for me. I'd be ticked if the Bills put a buffalo on the sleeve of our jersey with an oversized white background like mom did it at home with an iron on transfer.

You guys actually like how the lightning bolt is done on the shoulders? The bolt on the white jersies aren't so bad with the blue background, but on the navy & powder blues? It looks like someone at the design firm didn't know how to use an alpha channel and make the background transparent. That's the kind of work I would have done on my 286 PC back in 1993.

The helmets are cool, the jersey colors are great, but those shoulder bolts ruin it for me. I'd be ticked if the Bills put a buffalo on the sleeve of our jersey with an oversized white background like mom did it at home with an iron on transfer.

I agree. It looks strange and sloppy.

Isn't there some stupid rule that all the colors you use in your main jersey are the only colors you can use in all your other ones? I thought I heard that was the explanation for the Bills insane use of different shades of blue in our jerseys.

Agreed. I like the shoulder bolts, but they should have been outlined, not just placed in a square white block. The square block looks dumb as hell.

Nothing strikes fear in opponents then seeing a team line up infront of them wearing "Powder Blue"

Well, except maybe "Teal"

Yeah, you're right. It hasn't worked for the Tar Heels at all.

Nothing strikes fear in opponents then seeing a team line up infront of them wearing "Powder Blue"

Well, except maybe "Teal"

Tomlinson could be wearing pink neon and somehow, I think, he'd be feared.

Agreed, our awful unis should be changed. Hopefully we get it done.

Mmmm.... I remain unimpressed.

That white helmet does not look good with the dark jersey; the dark facemask doesn't mitigate anything, and looks severely out of place with the lighter jerseys.

Yet another example of namby-pamby designers who are given an original to work around, they make 20 'tweaks' and thereby change it entirely so they can add something to their portfolios, as they did in the Bills 2001 redesign. When you bastardize details from 40 years of uniforms, remember that you get a bastard as a result.

Also, blame our current monstrosities on Donahoe, but also give him credit for overseeing the throwbacks. Those are as near to a perfect redesign as it gets. No piping, no fuss, no frill; just pure tradition. I hope Russ Brandon (Marv has nothing to do with the business/marketing side) gets on the ball and a full-time changeover is in the works soon.

A nice looking uni just got better. I, too, would like to see the Bills go back to white helmets. Either Buffalo will do, standing or charging.

It would have to be charging, I do not the the Buffalo standing. That's just me :lol:

I think the Chargers needed a change. Their old logo looked too much like the Sabres new logo. Rumor has it some of the WGRZ (Channel 2) sports reporters had a hard time telling the difference in replays and refering to skates vs. cleats.