The A-Train may be the #1 RB in Buffalo according to Jauron

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#031407

Thomas May Be Feature Guy: Dick Jauron said he would be fine with going into the season with Anthony Thomas as the feature back. Jauron's comments came after Thomas signed a two year deal worth over $1 Million. Jauron did say he would like to use more then one back and has not ruled out getting another back in free agency. He does however seem to be leaning more towards the draft for more running back help. Look for the Bills to take a back on day one of the draft. The only big backs left in free agency is Chris Brown and Corey Dillon. Brown visited with the Bills and there has been some reported talks with his agent. Dillon has cancelled a visit to Buffalo feeling they may not be a good fit for him.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE A-TRAIN AS OUR #1 RB. He deserves it. I don't understand why people here seem to be turning their back on Thomas after we called out Jauron to start him instead of McGahee in the final 2 games. WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET A RB WITH THE FIRST PICK! We will in the 3rd. Michael Bush????

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#031407

Thomas May Be Feature Guy: Dick Jauron said he would be fine with going into the season with Anthony Thomas as the feature back. Jauron's comments came after Thomas signed a two year deal worth over $1 Million. Jauron did say he would like to use more then one back and has not ruled out getting another back in free agency. He does however seem to be leaning more towards the draft for more running back help. Look for the Bills to take a back on day one of the draft. The only big backs left in free agency is Chris Brown and Corey Dillon. Brown visited with the Bills and there has been some reported talks with his agent. Dillon has cancelled a visit to Buffalo feeling they may not be a good fit for him.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE A-TRAIN AS OUR #1 RB. He deserves it. I don't understand why people here seem to be turning their back on Thomas after we called out Jauron to start him instead of McGahee in the final 2 games. WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET A RB WITH THE FIRST PICK!

amen to that! I'd take this guy over Willis anyday of the week! He plays with more heart than most of the RBs in the league. Can you say Patrick Willis?

I wouldn't trust any comments coming out of NFL organizations given that it's a month before the draft, even the Bills. Tis' the season of disinformation.

They could be saying this because they want Green Bay thinking the Bills aren't going RB in the first round. The Bills brass my be paranoid about Green Bay or any other team trading up to get Peterson (if he fell) or Lynch. I know there's a lot of fans here on this board that want Willis or Okoye but the Bills may in fact be seriously thinking of taking a RB before those positions.

I like atrain but let's get real. Limited backs with no speed that aren't big play threats, and can't bounce runs outside offering very little in terms of receiving ability don't make #1 rb's. With that said Atrain is a great #2 type back to have who can wear defenses down. I love Michael Bush but in the 2nd no way in hell he's there in the 3rd.

Draft day posturing, nothing more...What do you expect Jauron to say? "We fully expect to draft a RB day one of the draft, so everybody drafting behind us, you had better trade up and f-ck us out of our potential pick."

Draft day posturing, nothing more...What do you expect Jauron to say? "We fully expect to draft a RB day one of the draft, so everybody drafting behind us, you had better trade up and f-ck us out of our potential pick."

I agree. If anything, they're tipping their hand that they WILL be taking a RB with their first pick. Maybe they should just zip it shut till it's their turn to make a selection.

As well as free agent posturing. If they sound like they need to sign someone, the agents for the veterans use that against them.

I say have the A-Train as the number 1 guy until he's out of town in 2 years, and start who ever the rookie is going to be after a-train leaves. Like in New Orleans Reggie Bush is a "FREAK OF NATURE" but while have mcalister in the load have bush 2

Duece McCalister has much more natural ability than A-Train. That being said with a solid o line in front of him, the A train should be productive getting 10 plus carries a game. We still will need to draft the brakeaway speed back to make our running game multi dimensional.

Watch the interview with Jauron at bb.com-- he really didn't say that Thomas will be #1 -- he did say they are looking to add one or two more players at the position--keeping their options open and that he feels that running back by committee is the way to go. He did say he absolutely thinks highly of Thomas' ability and attitude.

I wouldn't trust any comments coming out of NFL organizations given that it's a month before the draft, even the Bills. Tis' the season of disinformation.

They could be saying this because they want Green Bay thinking the Bills aren't going RB in the first round. The Bills brass my be paranoid about Green Bay or any other team trading up to get Peterson (if he fell) or Lynch. I know there's a lot of fans here on this board that want Willis or Okoye but the Bills may in fact be seriously thinking of taking a RB before those positions.

If that were the case, I would expect the Bills to be quiet and not say anything.....No information makes it worse for those teams.