Mel Kiper's Latest

"Branch has the edge at DT in terms of potential, but Okoye gets the nod when it comes to production."

This seems to be the exact opposite of everything else I've read. Has anyone else hear heard different?

every mock i see that has Willis falling to the Pats makes me feel bad inside.

I would absolutely hate to see Willis in a Pats uniform. I think this kid is gonna be a good one and do not wish to see him there of all places. Would love to have him as our 1st rounder.

This is not totally true. I can remember watching Joe Greene destroy centers. I also remember Kent Hull being manhandled by a pre-drugs Leon Lett.

The point is that Okoye would fit on our DT rotation even if he is considered a 3 tech.

You obtain playmakers when available - the coaches can then design schemes to utilize them.

I wish that I had Mel's job.

Remember, the Lions are one of the few teams that have never even been to a Super Bowl, let alone winning one. :worthy::devil::ph34r::blink: You think Mel? Wow, get back to me when a team wins a Super Bowl without getting to one.

MOCK DRAFT: Mel Kiper's new First-Round Projection | March 13

24. New England (from Seattle) - Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss: Production, production, production, that's what you harp on with Willis. This kid finished just about every game, including the Senior Bowl, with 13+ tackles. Then came the Combine Meeting, where he ran an amazing 4.51 at 242 pounds and also came through with a 39" vertical jump.

28. New England - Reggie Nelson, S, Florida: Nelson brings a great deal of versatility to the defensive secondary, as well as demonstrating in the SEC with the National Champion Gators that he is a proven play-maker. He can cover a lot of ground and will hit like you expect from a safety.

:worthy::ph34r::devil:

If only...