NFL Live just murdered the Bills offseason moves

They said because of signing Dockery and losing Clements, Fletcher, and McGahee, (all 3 guys we weren't going to pay for the price they were asking) we made the worst offseason moves. They just called the Bills, indirectly, the one worst teams heading into this season. :pirate:

Not much better here

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10057091

RIDICULOUS! We aren't THAT bad.

I can't wait until the day were back in the playoffs. IT WILL BE THIS YEAR!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe many of the fans on this board have too high of an expectaction for the Bills next season and also believe this off-season has been more productive than it truly has been. Let me just recap: The Bills lost one of the best DB's in the league, a decent MLB, and a good RB. In return we have signed one good offensive lineman, and an offensive lineman that Raiders fans have called a "turnstile." Therefore I must pardon the media for believing that we have had a sub-par off-season.

I believe many of the fans on this board have too high of an expectaction for the Bills next season and also believe this off-season has been more productive than it truly has been. Let me just recap: The Bills lost one of the best DB's in the league, a decent MLB, and a good RB. In return we have signed one good offensive lineman, and an offensive lineman that Raiders fans have called a "turnstile." Therefore I must pardon the media for believing that we have had a sub-par off-season.

The only thing that I'm REALLY praying for this season is that NO MATTER WHAT RECORD WE HAVE AT THE END OF THE YEAR, WE DON'T RUN MARV OR JAURON OUT OF TOWN! I've been hearing that 08 will be our TRUE year to contend in the NFL.

The only thing that I'm REALLY praying for this season is that NO MATTER WHAT RECORD WE HAVE AT THE END OF THE YEAR, WE DON'T RUN MARV OR JAURON OUT OF TOWN! I've been hearing that 08 will be our TRUE year to contend in the NFL.

We've been two years away for 10 years.

We've been two years away for 10 years.

No - We have wasted 9 years with retards running things. We have one year under Marv&DJ that clearly demonstrates improvement. This is another year, and I don't see any reason, based on last year, to be thinking things won't continue to improve.

Here's a dose of REALITY for ya:

We are 38-58(from 2001) with Clements, Fletcher, McGahee,(hate to do it but Spikes too) all starting on this team. Those are the results of our "playmakers". Hmm what's that about the definition of insanity again? Oh yeah, that's right: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. :pirate: Clearly it's time get some real playmakers in here and cut/trade/ignore the FA of these posers - who are, and always have been, the real reason we were getting told "we are 2 years away".

They said because of signing Dockery and losing Clements, Fletcher, and McGahee, (all 3 guys we weren't going to pay for the price they were asking) we made the worst offseason moves. They just called the Bills, indirectly, the one worst teams heading into this season. :pirate:

RIDICULOUS! We aren't THAT bad.

I can't wait until the day were back in the playoffs.

Let them think whatever they want. They could be right, however if we make it to the playoffs this year then I'm sure the Bills will be getting a lot of positives from those same reporters.

Let them think whatever they want. They could be right, however if we make it to the playoffs this year then I'm sure the Bills will be getting a lot of positives from those same reporters.

I hope your right, because from what my uncle told me and he's a huge Bills fan too is that during the superbowl years the Bills still didn't get much love for the great things they were doing.

No - We have wasted 9 years with retards running things. We have one year under Marv&DJ that clearly demonstrates improvement. This is another year, and I don't see any reason, based on last year, to be thinking things won't continue to improve.

We are 38-58(from 2001) with Clements, Fletcher, McGahee,(hate to do it but Spikes too) all starting on this team. Those are the results of our "playmakers". Hmm what's that about the definition of insanity again? Oh yeah, that's right: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. :pirate: Clearly it's time get some real playmakers in here and cut/trade/ignore the FA of these posers - who are, and always have been, the real reason we were getting told "we are 2 years away".

You, sir.... are absolutely, correct. I've been saying this for quite some time. As good as Nate, Fletcher, etc. may be; we've been sucking it up for years with them on the team player makin. It's long overdue that we cut some of these guys and try something new. Sometimes you have to take 2 steps back to move forward. And that's exactly as I see our situation. On the surface we appear to be stepping backwards losing great players, but I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised to see us moving forward this season with new players and a new attitude. Superbowl this year... I doubt it. Much improved team with better record and possible shot at the playoffs... I think so.

I love this type of reasoning. Why not just cut the entire team as none of them have produced a winning record during their tenure with the Bills. Evans? His overall record with the Bills is a losing one. Same with JP, Peters, Schobel, etc. Perhaps it's not Clements that was the problem. Perhaps it was (gasp) some of the other parts of the team? It's great that the Bills went out and addressed the OL but doing that and not retaining their good players doesn't make the off season a successful one. It just creates more holes to fill...which will make the perpetual rebuilding process that much longer.

A good RB--how about average. An average MLB and a very good CB. If you lose the 20th or so ranked RB it will not matter. Adam Schein on his Sirius NFL show said exactly that today. They were actually very complimentary of the Bills and said it was a good move and A-Train will get you 990 yards, so you do NOT lose a thing with losing Willis.

I was really wanting to wait and see what the draft brings us before I said this but....

I am saying right here right now.....THE BILLS WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR. It might be a one and done in a wildcard.....but we ARE going to make it.

Why on earth would I make such a claim

- Despite the fact that we couldn't stop the run to save our lives

- Despite the fact that the team got off to a HORRIBLE start...they weren't even supposed to be in contention after that horrible spot....but they clawed back into it and at the end of the year the bills were still mentioned as a possible wildcard

- Despite the fact that we couldn't control the game with the run with our horrible run blocking line even though we had the great WM and his wonderful yard per carry average

WE WERE STILL IN IT

TWO GAMES....there were two games that we lost that we should have won....those were the difference in us getting a wildcard.

What are the improvements over last year?

- Better team chemistry?

- Better run blocking line?

- How many rookies did we play last year that will now have a year under their belt? How many players in their first year of the offense and defense?

This team WILL make the playoffs.....it is being forged into the Marv Levy mold.....character TEAM players who wont fold when the going gets rough

Book it.....you heard it hear first.