WR option

ROCCEO

Bills | Team shows interest in Curtis

Sun, 11 Mar 2007 09:33:46 -0800

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the Buffalo Bills have expressed interest in unrestricted free-agent Kevin Curtis (Rams), but Curtis would prefer not to any make more trips at this point. He has told his new agents, Bruce and Ryan Tollner, that his main objectives are playing for a playoff contender, preferably in a warm-weather city, and to be a starter.

I love Curtis, hes a very good reciever with more skills than he gets credit for, if we signed him though hed have to race Moorman for the title of 'fastest white guy on the team. Also, we already have enough small fast recievers, Im of the opinion that we need a west coast style possesion reciever, even though the fairchild offense never had one in Stl, maybe I just play too much madden.....

Yeah, I think moorman is faster than roscoe and lee!

I wouldnt mind him coming here..but I dont see the big need, AND 1) he doesnt seem anxious to make any more trips. 2) He wants to go to a playoff contender...and as much as we like to think we are, thats gotta be a tough sell, and 3) he wants a warm weather team.

So...this isnt sounding like a good fit.

No thanks. We have enough #3 WRs... We need a bona fide #2.

Well, when Bruce went down with his 'great toe' injury a few years ago Curtis filled in admirably, I believe even scoring the game winning touchdown in one game.

And as far as desire to play in a warm weather climate, I think that a few million dollars will make even the chilliest city feel warm.

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the Buffalo Bills have expressed interest in unrestricted free-agent Kevin Curtis (Rams), but Curtis would prefer not to any make more trips at this point.

I don't like this part if it's true. It says "I'm lazy---find me a gig." I guess he fired his first agent because he left Detroit without getting him signed there.

Exactly. And we also have enough sub-6' Wrs too. We need a bigger WR, if any.

Only difference being, Curtis would be the best #3 on the team, if the Bills signed him. I would love to see this guy in a Bills uniform. I realize it is likely not to happen, but it warms the cockles of my heart, knowing the Bills think as highly of him as I do! Losman, with Curtis and Evans to throw to, would be unstoppable...I think Curtis has the fastest playing speed of any receiver I have seen in the last 10 years, and he has good hands...JP overthrowing wouldn't be an issue...Curtis can get anywhere at break neck speed.

He wants to: (1) be on a playoff team; (2) in a warm weather city; and (3) be a starter.

Odds are that if he comes here, he'll get none of those things. :worthy:

I think it's safe to say that Kevin Curtis won't be playing for the Bills next year.

You forgot one other thing he wants. 4. Money.

And that trumps 1, 2 and 3.

If they offer him what he wants, the other things won't matter.

I think if this were to heat up Fairchild could sell him on the fact that:

A. the Bills are a playoff contending team.

B. he could easily compete for a starting position.

C. it is warm in September.

No thanks. We have enough #3 WRs... We need a bona fide #2.

IMHO he would be a bona fide #2 WR on this team.

And he would put up very good numbers.

He has great speed, and has great hands.

He is only #3 in St. Louis because he plays behind Holt and Bruce.

I wouldn't necessarily hat the signing, but I think the money can be better spent somewhere else. The recieving corps is not the most glaring need at this point.

Salary cap issues are not the most glaring problems at the moment either!

Salary cap issues are not the most glaring problems at the moment either!

I agree, but I think the money can be spent better than on a career slot receiver. These guys don't necessarily make the jump to #1 or 2 successfully either. It doesn't seem worth the gamble, to me. I'd rather gamble somewhere else.