Im suprised no one is into Re-Signing Anthony Thomas!

The guy is a solid back and he is a better runner than willis mcgahee. I say we keep Anthony Thomas and draft a running back, Every one thought the colts were doomed when edgerin james left last season he sucks, they had dominic rhodes and joseph adaai the kid is a beast he's going to be big but now the colts are really screwed again because they don't have any one backing adaai up. But I say we re-sign the A-Train, All week its been rhodes, brown or dillon forget them Im going with Anthony Thomas

I think the A-train could be a serviceable replacement for a year while splitting time with a RB we draft. Hopefully Marv will continue to address the OLine over the next years and we get to a point like Denver where you just need an average back to get the job done because your OLine is dominant. If you get a good-great back, then you're that much better.

RTB

That's how slim it is right now at RB. When people are screaming for Anthony Thamas you know you're hurting at that position. Sadly, he's probably our best choice.
true for the most part, but the way free agency have been for the most part it all have been $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and its getting some what insane, Im not saying they shouldn't but $80 Million for Nate Clements! Ty Law is way better than him you don't see him making that kind of money, but if anthony thomas is our only choice it would be the best choice between him or chris brown well you could take corey dillon out of the picture because he isn't coming thank god. but I remember hearing the week we played the colts Losman was saying he likes Anthony Thomas better he runs the field better.

The guy is a solid back and he is a better runner than willis mcgahee. I say we keep Anthony Thomas and draft a running back, Every one thought the colts were doomed when edgerin james left last season he sucks, they had dominic rhodes and joseph adaai the kid is a beast he's going to be big but now the colts are really screwed again because they don't have any one backing adaai up. But I say we re-sign the A-Train, All week its been rhodes, brown or dillon forget them Im going with Anthony Thomas

At this point, the Bills need to get him signed.

Anthony Thomas is 30 years old and was barely hanging onto an NFL career when the Bills knocked on his door a year ago. There's no hurry to re-sign him as there is quite likely little to no demand for him. The odds are very good that he'll be available should the Bills run out of better options and have to re-sign him. In the meantime, they're better off attempting to find better replacements.

Here's what I would do in regards to our RB situation :

07 season : Re-Sign A-Train (2nd rounder 2001) + Sign Chris Brown (3rd rounder 2003)

Let them share the load at RB with the best of FJackson or SWilliams

08 draft : you go there for your blue-chip RB

This gives us all the flexibility that we need to address the defense this year...

Just my 0,02$

07 season : Re-Sign A-Train (2nd rounder 2001) + Sign Chris Brown (3rd rounder 2003)

This gives us all the flexibility that we need to address the defense this year...

Just my 0,02$

Excellent post, and totally agree. All these pessimists running around and peeing on themselves because the Bills no longer have a "starting" RB, really need to find something else to do with their time. Preferably something that does not require thought, as rational thought is not something they are good at.

Anthony Thomas is 30 years old and was barely hanging onto an NFL career when the Bills knocked on his door a year ago. There's no hurry to re-sign him as there is quite likely little to no demand for him. The odds are very good that he'll be available should the Bills run out of better options and have to re-sign him. In the meantime, they're better off attempting to find better replacements.

I am not ok with shaud w as our backup, so we need two guys not just one. A train is a decent insurance Policy

Just my 0,02$

Right on the money. The 08 draft is considered deeper at RB. If our "style" of RB is not there the Bills will wait for 08 for franchise type back.

Why do you think "no one is into Re-Signing" AT? Marv said he'd like to keep him and I just assume he will be signed (if the price is right). He's a great #2/emergency starter. My guess is we keep him, sign one more veteran and draft a back on the first day.

Good RB's are a dime-a-dozen. (GREAT RB's are, of course, rare.)

Why do you think "no one is into Re-Signing" AT? Marv said he'd like to keep him and I just assume he will be signed (if the price is right). He's a great #2/emergency starter. My guess is we keep him, sign one more veteran and draft a back on the first day.

Good RB's are a dime-a-dozen. (GREAT RB's are, of course, rare.)

Exactly.

Good post.