Duckett to Detroit

disco

Means Chris Brown is probably coming here--Brown's agent said it was down to Bills and Lions

Yea, I heard that too. I would be very happy to see Brown here. I would rather have a backfield of Brown/Hunt or Booker than Willis McGahee any day of the week.

Please not Brown, Please not Brown, Please not Brown....

I don't understand the reports of "the Bills and Lions are the top two teams in the running for Chris Brown."

There's no running. Nobody's interested. The Lions just took DUCKETT over Brown. I've been annoyed at Michael Smith all day for trashing the Bills and their horrendous offseason. If we signed Chris Brown, I'd have to admit he was right. I don't really even understand the discussion. It doesn't seem that Brown is the type of character guy Marv is looking for, and he certainly doesn't have the stats to suggest he's remotely worth the headache. Why is he even in the picture?

Yes, I'd much rather have....nobody.

It just depends on the price. The guy should be a rock bottom value. We need 4 or 5 guys in the mix...

A-Train, Brown, Jackson, Williams and ??? (rookie)

I have this sneaky suscipicion that Marv and Coach Jauron are high on Michael Bush but know he might need time to fully recover from his injury..

He's a load, hits holes quickly and can catch...he is also a willing blocker....

I don't understand the reports of "the Bills and Lions are the top two teams in the running for Chris Brown."

There's no running. Nobody's interested. The Lions just took DUCKETT over Brown. I've been annoyed at Michael Smith all day for trashing the Bills and their horrendous offseason. If we signed Chris Brown, I'd have to admit he was right. I don't really even understand the discussion. It doesn't seem that Brown is the type of character guy Marv is looking for, and he certainly doesn't have the stats to suggest he's remotely worth the headache. Why is he even in the picture?

I think we are going to draft someone no question disco...the question is where and who and how quickly we can plug them in...having Thomas and Brown here buys us some time to let a guy develop for half a season...again I think Marv and Jauron have someone in mind at RB and its not the top 2....I see us drafting a D difference maker at 12...

To the contrary, disco, Dicky J said that Chris Brown is a "high quality guy" (http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/adamschein) and if you call over a grand in rushing yards in only 11 games inadequate stats, then who do you suggest the Bills sign? Maybe you can persuade Thermon Thomas to come out of retirement?

A SUPPORTER! :thumbsup:

Just because a guy doesn't sign, it doesn't at all mean that no one wants him. And it surely doesnt mean that TJ Duckett is better because he signed first. Duckett just signed with a team that already has two starters. Brown could be asking too much money, or a promise to start. The Bills, or Packers or other teams may want him at 3 mil a year but not 4 mil. I wouldnt want him at a huge contract, or my only guy, but he is a very good runner when healthy. I watched him a lot because he was on my fantasy team. He'd be a very good stopgap while we develop a high draft pick.

The Lions were looking for a compliment to Tatum Bell/Kevin Jones and not someone who could possibly start. In comparison the Bills are looking for a possible starter. To me Brown's the best of the available guys. Yes, he has durability concerns so it be wise to also draft someone to back him and/or re-sign A-train as well.