Al-Qaida prisoners have "disappeared"

IBTG81

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6228150/

Good, we should be torturing them. What would they do to a Coalition hostage?

66334[/snapback]

The CIA has a history of taking high ranking Al-Qaida leaders to Syria and other countries that allow torture for interrogation. That way we can get the information we need, and can deny that "we" ever tortured a prisoner.

You a Christian Ed?

This is just the PR that the US DOESN'T need.

That's just the way it is

Some things will never change

That's just the way it is

But don't you believe them

66372[/snapback]

No, I'm not. I'm an atheist. However, the 10 Commandments are a good thing, and I live my life according to them. Not because of God, but because it's the right thing to do. That being said, this is war. An eye for an eye in war, if you ask me.

No, I'm not. I'm an atheist. However, the 10 Commandments are a good thing, and I live my life according to them. Not because of God, but because it's the right thing to do. That being said, this is war. An eye for an eye in war, if you ask me.

66581[/snapback]

Riiighhht. If we did that, then the next time we complained that they tortured someone, they would say, "so what? so do you". At that point, the only response we would have, and it would be a pretty weak one, would be "oh yeah? but you started it". When we make our case to others we would use what they do as proof that they are barbarians, uncivilized killers. The response would be "yeah, but you are doing the same thing" and again, our weak response would be "but they started it".

Why haven't we learned yet that they do not care if they die or are tortured? They are willing to strap a bomb on their back, jump on a bus crowded with kids and then blow themselves to pieces. Just how thick and slow do you have to be before you learn that they don't care about getting killed? We won't win this war simply by trying to out butcher the terrorists. We need to be a lot smarter than that.

Riiighhht.  If we did that, then the next time we complained that they tortured someone, they would say, "so what? so do you".  At that point, the only response we would have, and it would be a pretty weak one, would be "oh yeah? but you started it".  When we make our case to others we would use what they do as proof that they are barbarians, uncivilized killers.  The response would be "yeah, but you are doing the same thing" and again, our weak response would be "but they started it".

Why haven't we learned yet that they do not care if they die or are tortured?  They are willing to strap a bomb on their back, jump on a bus crowded with kids and then blow themselves to pieces.  Just how thick and slow do you have to be before you learn that they don't care about getting killed?  We won't win this war simply by trying to out butcher the terrorists.  We need to be a lot smarter than that.

66631[/snapback]

And what do YOU suggest? :ph34r:

Canal the mideast.

Riiighhht.  If we did that, then the next time we complained that they tortured someone, they would say, "so what? so do you".  At that point, the only response we would have, and it would be a pretty weak one, would be "oh yeah? but you started it".  When we make our case to others we would use what they do as proof that they are barbarians, uncivilized killers.  The response would be "yeah, but you are doing the same thing" and again, our weak response would be "but they started it".

Why haven't we learned yet that they do not care if they die or are tortured?  They are willing to strap a bomb on their back, jump on a bus crowded with kids and then blow themselves to pieces.  Just how thick and slow do you have to be before you learn that they don't care about getting killed?  We won't win this war simply by trying to out butcher the terrorists.  We need to be a lot smarter than that.

66631[/snapback]

I agree with you that we need a broader strategy than just killing people, but one can't just decide "I don't care about being tortured". It is a means of extracting information and each person has his limits until he is broken by torture. Just being a terrorist doesn't make you immune from those effects.

I and the general public know

What all school children learned,

Those that have evil done to them

Do evil in return.

W.H. Auden

66637[/snapback]

Since you like quotes today.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -- John Stuart Mill

And what do YOU suggest?  :ph34r:

Canal the mideast.

66690[/snapback]

Find them and kill them. No need for torture, just kill them. We can't scare them into submission, we can't talk them out of what they do, they can't be negotiated with or intimidated. They can be killed. What is more, we have a pretty good idea where they are on the Afghan/Pakistan border. We have been afraid and too few in that area to go after them in their strongholds. That needs to change but that will have to wait until the whole Iraqi diversion is done with.

66581[/snapback]

Aren't you them same fella who stole money from his employer when they accidentally paid you twice. Maybe you should check those commandments again. In the middle east they believe in an eye for an eye. They cut hands off thieves. You my friend would be typing with 2 stumps right now. Are you sure this is what you want to believe in?

Aren't you them same fella who stole money from his employer when they accidentally paid you twice. Maybe you should check those commandments again. In the middle east they believe in an eye for an eye. They cut hands off thieves. You my friend would be typing with 2 stumps right now. Are you sure this is what you want to believe in?

67046[/snapback]

What do you think they would do for stealing Direct TV... <_<

Gouge one's eyes out?

I think SOME conservatives want to live by the motto, yet want to be exempt from it when it applies to them.

Shiiish, and they call liberal elitists?

And what do YOU suggest?  <_<

Canal the mideast.

66690[/snapback]

Actually Ed, the exact opposite is happening. The Corps of Enginners, Iraq District is flooding the marshes again for the "Marsh People" in Iraq.

Kinda like the stateside reversal being done in the Everglades.

Don't you know, canals aren't in vogue anymore... It is all about the environment!

:lol:

I wonder if any videos will appear of them being decapitated?

66730[/snapback]

What is your point? These are very, very bad people. I am not aware of anyone on the board that holds a contrary viewpoint. If your point is that we are better than them because we don't decapitate prisoners, bravo. Thank goodness you are around to settle that burning controversy.

Since you like quotes today. 

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -- John Stuart Mill

66938[/snapback]

ooh ooh, we're doing quotes!!! here's one of my all time favorites (with a tbd filter)...

here i sit

broken hearted

paid to stevestojan

but only farted

i dunno who wrote it, but they deserve a nobel prize <_<

67046[/snapback]

So there's another thief here? Richio and Ed. Wow. Surprise.