Done Deal

Dawgg

"This is a runner who can make people miss [tackles] and has the explosion and speed to take it the distance,"

This part made me laugh.

I know he's hyping his new aquisition, but we know the real deal.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks like a good deal for the Ravens and potentially a good deal for the Bills.

For the Ravens this is simple to figure as they needed a starting RB and they got one. WM has shown the ability to carry the rock as an NFL starter with average accomplishments for the season at worst and occaisionally burst forward to be outstanding games if he is playing the Jets and individual plays from time to time. In exchange for this, they merely gave up draft choices which can turn into real players but is a speculative piece that can be fixed if you need them. As they are close to playing for it all this year behind an outstanding D, they will make or break this deal with their negotiations on an extension and like the Bills they are in the drivers' seat with WM as they can franchise him next year if necessary and though it is preferable to make a long-term deal now, they need not be bulldozed into making a bad deal.

More important for the Bills, this potentially a good deal with multiple opportunities to make this a good deal with three choices to find the franchise guy they took a flyer in getting with the PP deal returns of 2003. While it is unlikely the 7th rounder will yield more than a role player or good back-up, they do have 2 shots at starter quality players with the first day picks this year and next.

The other key for them is to find at least 2 candidates to start at RB from FA and the draft. I do not view Anthony Thomas as more than a possible but very unlikely starter as he has never played 16 games in a season in his career and last broke 1000 yards in 2003.

We have work to do as we left a big gap in our O (though some would argue we had a big gap with WM here).

Just remember how many of us (myself included) felt when we traded for Bledsoe. This is probably the same thing the Ravens fans are thinking....then they'll get reality when Willis says they should move the team to Annapolis.

glad to see you go mcgahee.you couldn't break 1000 yards(60+ypg).you are gone.time to rejoice bills fans.now, marv,please,please do not sign crystal lite rb dominic rhodes or balsa wood brown.neither back is starter material.as for corey "unwillin"dillon,pshaw,his day has passed.what the bills got for willis is pretty damn good.look at it this way,running back is the easiest position to fill in all of football.to get three picks is huge.marv has done very,very well.those of you who think otherwise,just don't get it.marv's job title is gm of the bills.my job title is union painter.my point is this,until marv paints a building i can't critique his work,because that is my field.until i make a trade or whatever he can't critique me.now if bills can only get a tight end who can catch more than 30-40 balls a season,get an interior lineman who can get interior and an inside line backer who can tackle within 4,5 yards from scrimmage.....

Someone needs to tell those Ravens fans over at there home that Willis is not LT.

Its like a party has erupted over there.

They obviously don't go to the right boards for Bills fans because there saying that our fan boards are ghost towns. Yeah okay..........

They also are saying that Willis doesn't dance like Jamal did lol. And Ozzie Newsome was talking about Willis being a good pass blocker. Are they talking about the same Willis we know?

I can see why the are excited as they are looking at this in the same way many Bills fans are. its not necessarily that they are excited by what they got they are simply excited to get rid of Lewis. Their numbers last year are fairly comparable except that Lewis had two more games than WM to produce his totals and a D which gave them the ball such that the RB was set-up to get a bunch of TDs.

While Newsome obviously is doing some hyperventilating making claims he hopes rather than are definitely true, they are not totally crazy as WM when motivated has proven to be quite the force. This extends to pass blocking where at best he has been inconsistent, but there have been plays like the one last year where he blocked two rushers effectively on the same play while doing blitz pick-up. Is he a very good blocker? I would say no. Can he be a very good blocker? I would say yes he has shown he can be in episodes.

The same is true of his explosive ability. Does he show this ability consistently? No. Does he have this ability? Yes, he does and has demonstrated it episodically on the field.

WM drove folks here nuts because of his inconsistency the last season and a half. Further, his off field activities which ranged from antics (his comments about Toronto) to pathetic (his attitudes toward women and his children) caused some Bills partisans to go off their football moorings and claim he can do nothing.

I will miss the days of his first year and his fearsome stiff arm. If we play him I hope we break (figuratively) his arm but it is a reality.

JL 2006 Baltimore Ravens 16 16 314 1132 3.6 52 9

WM 2006 Buffalo Bills 14 14 259 990 3.8 57 6

He can't say "Annapolis"....

Just remember how many of us (myself included) felt when we traded for Bledsoe. This is probably the same thing the Ravens fans are thinking....then they'll get reality when Willis says they should move the team to Annapolis.

Im sorry I'm not excited about this deal. Mark my words, Mcgahee will have a career year for Baltimore. And what did we get? A LOW 3rd rounder and a 7th rounder, and probably another low 3rd rounder next year? How can Wes Welker and Thomas Jones' fetch you a 2nd rounder but McGahee can't manage that? If we sign Corey Dillon i'll kill myself, you know things are bad if your almost hoping Chris Brown comes to play. And on top of this huge hole we now have at RB, we still need loads of help at CB, LB, DL, WR, TE......I love the Bills and always will but this is hard to swallow, I get the whole "Get 3 picks for a guy who wouldnt be here next year anyways" but who's to say that? McGahee said he would have liked to stay if the price was right, I swear, if we give some bum FA runner a contract somewhat to as much as Willis gets from the Ravens I'm done

dude, thomas jones didn't conjure up a second rounder!!!!!!!! jets recieved thomas jones and chicagos second rounder for they're second rounder..... you have quite an elaborate opin.. to not know that!!!

haha and if your DONE then fine... lol... be a ravens fan

willis will want then to move to Dover Maryland

I would have really liked a chance to see Mcgahee running behind what should be our best offensive line in recent memory. At this point, our running back position, linebacker corps, and cornerback positions are in shambles, with most of the top tier free agents already gone. It's hard to see why this team should be better than last year's squad.

This year's LB corps could consist of Crowell in the middle, with Ellison on one side and a possibly healthier Spikes on the other. Even without adding new talent, it's quite possible we could see an upgrade in the play of our LB corps.

I don't feel we got a huge increase in quality of play from the RB position when McGahee was in the game versus when Anthony Thomas was in the game. If we end up drafting a RB on the first day, it's quite possible he'll be an upgrade over McGahee.

The loss of Nate Clements deeply displeases me. That said, if Youboty can step in and be average or better for an NFL starter, and if McGee can bounce back from his bad year last year, we might be okay. Instead of having one good and one bad CB, we'd have two average-to-above average CBs.