I don't get the trade Willis talk?

I am sorry, I just don't get all of the trade Willis talk?

So he said the Bills should be in Toronto, outside of Buffalo most of the country would probably agree with him. I would hate to see it, but lets face it no one wants to hear an NFL owner talk about being poor. But all of that is another topic. We have seen Willis excell the way he did in his 1st year back and in small batches since, usually when he has something to prove. He now has a line and the possibility of doing it again and something to prove. trading him, and his below average salary, to pick up someone else's garbage does not make sense. if these guys were good they wouldn't be available, I'm sorry A list running backs are still not mid-level cap casualties in the NFL.

I am sorry, I just don't get all of the trade Willis talk?

So he said the Bills should be in Toronto, outside of Buffalo most of the country would probably agree with him. I would hate to see it, but lets face it no one wants to hear an NFL owner talk about being poor. But all of that is another topic. We have seen Willis excell the way he did in his 1st year back and in small batches since, usually when he has something to prove. He now has a line and the possibility of doing it again and something to prove. trading him, and his below average salary, to pick up someone else's garbage does not make sense. if these guys were good they wouldn't be available, I'm sorry A list running backs are still not mid-level cap casualties in the NFL.

Pretty much click on any thread on the first page and you'll find a plethora of responses to your questions.

I would love to keep willis but i think bieng that next year hes going to be asking big money and i think its obviuos he doesen't want to be in buffalo marv is going to cut ties, and lets face it hes not a marv guy.

it should have nothing to do with his stupid toronto comment and everything to do with his lack of preparation, inability to get tough short down and distance yards that are critical to sustaining drives, his ordinary vision, his complete lack of a lateral bounce, and his general goofiness.

it should have nothing to do with his stupid toronto comment and everything to do with his lack of preparation, inability to get tough short down and distance yards that are critical to sustaining drives, his ordinary vision, his complete lack of a lateral bounce, and his general goofiness.

Don't forget his horrid blitz pickups and below average hands.

Yeah, that too.

The guy is going into his 5th year and hasn't lived up to his billing as a #1 pick. At some point, its time to admit the mistake and move on. This guy has survived long enough on the promise of 'potential'.

The Bills need to find a player who can turn 'potential' into actual consistent production at the RB position.

Don't forget his horrid blitz pickups and below average hands.

Oh and these guys are so much better? Certainly he had a bad, hell terrible year but he has more potential than these guys. Playing hurt this year certainly had allot to do with most of his problems this year...err at least those on the field, which are the only ones I care about. Funny how no one was talking about replacing him two weeks ago and now the team can't go on without doing so.

IMO it's just a waste of a draft pick, or another asset in a trade when he is more than capable for next year. Then we can look at replacing him, I just think we have more pressing needs.

From the Baltamore Sun...A first-round pick out of the University of Miami in 2003, McGahee is coming off his worst season, rushing for 990 yards and six touchdowns. In his first two seasons, he averaged 91.3 yards in games he started.

The Bills are listening to trade offers for McGahee because he is expected to be a holdout in training camp if he doesn't get a contract extension.

McGahee also didn't endear himself to Buffalo this offseason with a run of bad publicity. He was hit with his third paternity suit in two years and then suggested in an interview with Penthouse magazine that the Bills should move to Toronto (though he later said his comments were taken out of context).

I'm with you on this one. I don't get all of the McGahee bashing of late either. The bottom line is who is the best possible back for this team this year. My opinion, is that it is McGahee. Any of the backs out of college could easily flop. The ones available in free agency just don't impress me. Did anyone actually watch the games last year? McGahee was injured part of the season. The line was reshuffled after the bye week and even though it improved, they pretty much got there arses handed to them all season. Forget all of the crap in the media and the inuendos about his character. No one here has a clue if he is a high character guy or not. Based on performance, I think McGahee did pretty well and a damn sight better than Anthony Thomas. What's more, because this is the last year on his contract, he will be motivated to perform. If he attempts to hold out, we give him a couple of chicken wings and a slap on the ass. Those of us who actually watch football, know he would have broken 1000 yards had he played every game. Imagine what would happen if he had a dominant line to run behind. 1400 yards? 1600? Getting rid of him? That's just crazy talk.

I can sum up the reasons that we're getting rid of McGahee by quoting Ralph Wilson. During the season he called McGahee a disappointment. Any player that the owner considers a disappointment will not be re-signed to a big $ contract. Since he's in the last year of his contract, and they know they're not re-signing him, they're trying to get as much as possible now & moving on.

I'm with you on this one. I don't get all of the McGahee bashing of late either. The bottom line is who is the best possible back for this team this year. My opinion, is that it is McGahee. Any of the backs out of college could easily flop. The ones available in free agency just don't impress me. Did anyone actually watch the games last year? McGahee was injured part of the season. The line was reshuffled after the bye week and even though it improved, they pretty much got there arses handed to them all season. Forget all of the crap in the media and the inuendos about his character. No one here has a clue if he is a high character guy or not. Based on performance, I think McGahee did pretty well and a damn sight better than Anthony Thomas. What's more, because this is the last year on his contract, he will be motivated to perform. If he attempts to hold out, we give him a couple of chicken wings and a slap on the ass. Those of us who actually watch football, know he would have broken 1000 yards had he played every game. Imagine what would happen if he had a dominant line to run behind. 1400 yards? 1600? Getting rid of him? That's just crazy talk.

I am not a McGahee fan, but I agree with this. Unless they have some brilliant additional move planned, I don't see how this is going to give the Bills a better run game.

selling willis for 75 cents on the dollar is insane. we finally have a respectable-looking offensive line put together, and we're going to downgrade our running back situation because willis has too many illegitimate children and thinks we should move to toronto?

quite simply, he is the best available option for this team right now.

willis and rosenhaus are motivated by money more than anything else. i can guarantee that if willis plays this season without a contract, you will see him more motivated than ever.

and who is really worried about him holding out? the bills hold all the cards in the end. i don't care if he takes a dump on the bills logo in the middle of the field - our best chance of making the playoffs this year is with willis motivated for the big contract next year.

and we're going to downgrade our running back situation because willis has too many illegitimate children and thinks we should move to toronto?

Maybe it's the inflated head and deflated average yards per carry that's the culprit.

selling willis for 75 cents on the dollar is insane. we finally have a respectable-looking offensive line put together, and we're going to downgrade our running back situation because willis has too many illegitimate children and thinks we should move to toronto?

quite simply, he is the best available option for this team right now.

willis and rosenhaus are motivated by money more than anything else. i can guarantee that if willis plays this season without a contract, you will see him more motivated than ever.

and who is really worried about him holding out? the bills hold all the cards in the end. i don't care if he takes a dump on the bills logo in the middle of the field - our best chance of making the playoffs this year is with willis motivated for the big contract next year.

The goal isn't to make the playoffs-it's to win the Super Bowl. So if we don't yet have all the pieces to win the SB (It took Kelly 5 years to get to the SB, JP is in year 4) then instead of just making the playoffs next year & getting nothing for McGahee, we replace him & possibly do the same without him plus add a player who might be a piece of the Super Bowl puzzle in 2008.