Chris Brown likely to sign with Buffalo today

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we sign Brown we better sign someone else.

He missed 5 games in 03, 5 games in 04, 1 game in 06, and 11 games last year.

I think he is made of paper mache

He is but I disagree with "signing anyone else" one p.o.s. from the free agent market is enough. If we trade willis and sign any of these remaining free agent scrubs at rb we better draft a rb early, and I mean trade up with cleveland for peterson type early. This is a real horrible draft year for rb's and real bad year for free agents.

well hes prolly not coming here wanting to be a backup.

He doesn't have a whole lot of leverage in that regard. He has missed a lot of time due to injury, including last year. He has never established himself as a top tier RB when healthy, either.

The best I think Chris Brown can hope for is a situation where he is in competition for the starting job in training camp, much like the Bills tried to do with Craig Nall a year ago.

Every time you post "A-Train should be our #1 RB" today I'm going to repost "you're really on a WTF roll today, aren't you?" :lol:

If Brown signs, anyway, he will not be the man. He will split carries with somebody.

Exactly. I expect a platoon situation with Brown and someone (hopefull A-Train)

If we sign Brown we better sign someone else.

He missed 5 games in 03, 5 games in 04, 1 game in 06, and 11 games last year.

I think he is made of paper mache

that doesn't reflect that even in the games he played- he was playing injured or got knocked out of the game entirely.

Exactly. I expect a platoon situation with Brown and someone (hopefull A-Train)

Awesome so chris brown can be injured by his 13th carry and then we'll never see a run over 20 yards this season. The last time Atrain had a run over 20 yards was 2004, and the last time chris brown managed to stay health was also 2004.

He is but I disagree with "signing anyone else" one p.o.s. from the free agent market is enough. If we trade willis and sign any of these remaining free agent scrubs at rb we better draft a rb early, and I mean trade up with cleveland for peterson type early. This is a real horrible draft year for rb's and real bad year for free agents.

If the Bills draft a RB in round one I think my head will explode. If they do, it will mean that in the last 5 years the Bills have used four #1 picks on QBs and RBs. Add to that two other drafts in which their first selection was a WR (Evans and Perrish) and you start to understand why this team can't make the playoffs.

If the Bills draft a RB in round one I think my head will explode. If they do, it will mean that in the last 5 years the Bills have used four #1 picks on QBs and RBs. Add to that two other drafts in which their first selection was a WR (Evans and Perrish) and you start to understand why this team can't make the playoffs.

Yeah it's not like both teams who were just in the superbowl had 1st rd rb's or anything. Look at the list of guys being thrown around Corey Dillon, Dominic Rhodes,Chris Brown, Anthony Thomas, Tj F'n Duckett?!?!? You don't improve a young team with this kind of garbage as your starters. I was all for keeping Willis and drafting a rb this year ala lorenzo booker or kolby smith and next year to replace willis. it's just gonna be really hard watching garbage like that in the backfield.

Awesome so chris brown can be injured by his 13th carry and then we'll never see a run over 20 yards this season. The last time Atrain had a run over 20 yards was 2004, and the last time chris brown managed to stay health was also 2004.

Easy Killer, nothing's happened yet!

I will say that if we trade McGahee and if we sign Brown, that we will draft a RB on Day One to platoon carriers with Brown in a 1 and 1a type of deal, ala Addai and Rhodes. This makes sense. There is no way they would trade McGahee without a plan to at the very least replace his production if not have a good chance to far exceed it. If you think that Marv thinks substituting Chris Brown for McGahee will do this, then you really underrate his football saavy and knowledge IMO. At the very least, someone will be platooning with Brown if we sign him.

Yeah it's not like both teams who were just in the superbowl had 1st rd rb's or anything. Look at the list of guys being thrown around Corey Dillon, Dominic Rhodes,Chris Brown, Anthony Thomas, Tj F'n Duckett?!?!? You don't improve a young team with this kind of garbage as your starters. I was all for keeping Willis and drafting a rb this year ala lorenzo booker or kolby smith and next year to replace willis. it's just gonna be really hard watching garbage like that in the backfield.

They had first round RBs because those are luxury picks. Teams that have all the other pieces in place can make those kinds of picks (just like the Pats can too). The Bills aren't such a team.

You'll also notice that those teams haven't used multiple first round picks on RBs in recent years.

So according to the Bills moves the past few seasons....McGahee>Henry>Brown>McGahee

As you can see from the above, McGahee is greater than McGahee.:lol:

The potential of McGahee has not lived up to what he is in reality. So, yes McGahee (then) is greater than McGahee (now).

Would somebody please sell me on Chris Brown? Good in college? Good blocker? Good receiver/scorer? Speed? Power? Quickness? Conviction?

I think he may have been the #1 prospect inthe country out of high school.

Alright, so let's just put this into perspective. 3 years ago, the Bills draft McGahee in the 1st round despite the fact that they already have a solid #1RB in Travis Henry and despite the fact that McGahhee is coming off a horrible knee injury. A year later the Bills move Henry to the Titans where, this last year, he emerges as their go to guy after Brown goes down to an injury. Henry put up better rushing numbers last year than Brown ever has (and also put up more attempts than Brown ever has in a single season). Now, it appears, that the Bills will move McGahee someplace and replace him with Brown.

So according to the Bills moves the past few seasons....McGahee>Henry>Brown>McGahee

As you can see from the above, McGahee is greater than McGahee.:lol: We have a moebius strip of running backs.

And no, I’m not criticizing Marv for this move, just the totality of moves that the Bills have made regarding the RB position in the past few years.

I think the best part of all this is that we could have had him two rounds after we draft McGahee in '03.

it's completely foolish what's going on. it's clear willis was the much better back vs thomas last year. and why would we want a career backup like chris brown who played 2nd fiddle to a guy we gave up on like travis henry? all this hate-willis mania has completely clouded people's judgement.

I guarantee you that no "hate-willis-mania" has clouded the judgment of Levy or Jauron. If they have indeed decided that the Bills need to go a different direction at RB, it's not for the reasons spouted by idiots on a message board.

I guarantee you that no "hate-willis-mania" has clouded the judgment of Levy or Jauron. If they have indeed decided that the Bills need to go a different direction at RB, it's not for the reasons spouted by idiots on a message board.