Playmaker

Frez

"What's a playmaker?"

Bruce Smith, Cornelius Bennett, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed...those were our playmakers in the glory days.

Part of being a playmaker is not just making a big play, but making it at a pivotal point of the football game...something the Bills of recent years have had trouble doing

Steve Tasker.

Agreed. I remember when Tasker got some ludicrous salary for the era. I want to say it was like 1/16th of the salary cap at the time but I am probably off. I remember arguing with a friend of mine ,a NE fan, that he was worth it as he was guaranteed to do something spectacular and win one game a year for us. If you can manage even a few of those playmakers you are set.

We need more playmakers on this Bills team.

What's a playmaker? :lol:

We had one but now you'll have to ask San Francisco they just signed THE playmaker. Yes, I'm a little sarcastic with that post but truth be told Nate did return 5 interceptions (and 1 punt) for TDs as a Bill which isn't too shabby for a CB and won't be easy to replace despite Pyrate Gal's rants about not needing a good cover corner in the cover 2.

Those guys all starred in the short lived ESPN series called The Playmakers. Well, all of them except Noel Simon.

Yeah, that was Neil Simon, the offensive tackle....He and Shaw were an odd couple