For Those of You Who Want The Gov't to Run the Health Care System

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point!

Here is what I dont get about this situation.

Especially since 2003, We have seen a steady stream of politicos, pundits, Tom, Dicks and Harrys going to Walter Reed for morale tours and what not. Never have we heard anything but glowing accounts of their experiences at the Hospital.

All of sudden, the place is a (literally) rat hole?

Good point!

Especially since 2003, We have seen a steady stream of politicos, pundits, Tom, Dicks and Harrys going to Walter Reed for morale tours and what not.

NONE of them saw what was going on? None?

Welcome to the real "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy.

Good point!

Especially since 2003, We have seen a steady stream of politicos, pundits, Tom, Dicks and Harrys going to Walter Reed for morale tours and what not. Never have we heard anything but glowing accounts of their experiences at the Hospital.

All of sudden, the place is a (literally) rat hole?

The hospital proper is where everyone tours, and supposedly in good shape. The inpatient rehab facilities - where no one tours - are the rat hole.

Plus...what, you want someone to fund the damn hospital? Never mind that they're closing it in four years and merging it with Bethesda...you expect the government to fund government programs with any semblance of sanity?

Are you friggin' nuts?

And as if this is the only war where this has happened. Since the Civil War, our war wounded have been caught up in governmental beurocratic bull crap and red tape. No thanks, I'd rather take care of it myself.

I wonder how they selected those giving testimony. I'm sure it was fair and even-handed, and involves no bias of any sort. :rolleyes:

I wonder how they selected those giving testimony. I'm sure it was fair and even-handed, and involves no bias of any sort. :rolleyes:

But like I said, this is nothing new regarding the care of our wounded soldiers. I was mostly pointing out that the government usually has a way of fugging up whatever it get's it's hands on. Way too much red tape, reason number one it took so long to get help to NO during Katrina.

But like I said, this is nothing new regarding the care of our wounded soldiers. I was mostly pointing out that the government usually has a way of fugging up whatever it get's it's hands on. Way too much red tape, reason number one it took so long to get help to NO during Katrina.

Actually, reason number one for Katrina was the storm turned 50k square miles of Gulf coast into an impassible swamp.

But your point about red tape is taken. And what's worse...it's startling how much waste occurs either because of red tape for its own sake, or because people mistake red tape for real work (the project I'm on right now, we write requirements documents describing the requirements of requirements documents that are used to generate use cases for other requirements documents. Software never gets written...but the bureaucracy demands requirements documents and use cases, so...)

The irony is that a big part of all of that waste is the government's need to account for every single cent it spends, to prove it's not wasting any money. :rolleyes: "Sure, lieutenant...you need a new leg? Fill out these forms in triplicate, see three doctors to be fitted, go to one of these GSA-approved orthopedists for a GSA-approved prosthetic...yeah, I know there's a six-month wait, but we're the government, we can't shirk the paperwork or go off the GSA schedule, otherwise we can't prove we're not wasting time and money." sh--, you should see the approval process I have to go through just to get a damn phone in my office. :rolleyes: (Been two years, I still don't have one.)

Actually, reason number one for Katrina was the storm turned 50k square miles of Gulf coast into an impassible swamp.
I actually thought that went without saying. So let's make red tape reason 1b. :rolleyes:

"Sure, lieutenant...you need a new leg? Fill out these forms in triplicate, see three doctors to be fitted, go to one of these GSA-approved orthopedists for a GSA-approved prosthetic...yeah, I know there's a six-month wait, but we're the government, we can't shirk the paperwork or go off the GSA schedule, otherwise we can't prove we're not wasting time and money." sh--, you should see the approval process I have to go through just to get a damn phone in my office. :rolleyes: (Been two years, I still don't have one.)

Now let's replace that with a very similar story and replace the missing leg with little Johnny's tonsils and you have the future of health care in this country if we let the government run it.

Oh brother! Conservatives start a needless war which overloads the military medical system and then they turn around and declarte the government can't do health care. Bull! These are issues that confront private industry as well, take the nursing home industry for example:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/07/30/...ain304038.shtml

I guess they would be better off taking care of themselves, too.

I busted my head open playing hockey and went down to the VA and they stitched me up on the spot, no waiting, no hassel. Nothing is all good or all bad--even Conservatives--and to simply chalk this up to 'Government Bad' is silly

I busted my head open playing hockey and went down to the VA and they stitched me up on the spot, no waiting, no hassel. Nothing is all good or all bad--even Conservatives--and to simply chalk this up to 'Government Bad' is silly

Why didn't you go to a regular hospital and not use resources that are for our soldiers?

Waxman (the guy that looks like Lon Chaney in the original Phantom of teheOpera) claims he has reports from many hospitalscovering many years. Why was he sitting on his ass instead of pressuring them to be cleaned up earlier.

Why didn't you go to a regular hospital and not use resources that are for our soldiers?

Waxman (the guy that looks like Lon Chaney in the original Phantom of teheOpera) claims he has reports from many hospitalscovering many years. Why was he sitting on his ass instead of pressuring them to be cleaned up earlier.

There's no political hay to be made by pressuring them until the media breaks the story.

Conversely, there's no political pressure to fix things until the media breaks the story, either.

This from a clown who would rather be left to his own devices than let the government provide for his health care. What do you cook? Pot pies?

Yeah, anyone who thinks they can run their own lives better than the government can must be a clown :rolleyes:

Ya, getting government health care means you don't run your own life. Ya, ok

Not your whole life, just that part.

This from a clown who would rather be left to his own devices than let the government provide for his health care. What do you cook? Pot pies?

I've taken care of my own health care my whole life and so far it's worked out just fine and dandy. How is the government going to make it better?

We know what you cook- Hot Pockets®! Ding! They're ready!