Raiders fans talk about Langston Walker

Wow, you saw him play? I guess we should just take your word for it then because your a keen assesor of talent right? I mean if you saw him play you've obviously done the same amount of work as the Bills coaching staff. You probably saw him play every snap against every opponent last year. That combined with your intrinsic understanding of assignments, blocking schemes and techniques certainly makes you a better judge of this guys ability that any of the current Bills staff.

I'll put my faith in someone who actually knows what they're looking at, thanks!

Yes, I saw him play every game. My opinion, and those of the Raiders fans who saw him play every week, are far superior to your ignorance about him.

I can almost hear the echoes of " I trust Gregg Williams, I trust Tom Donahoe, I trust Jerry Gray, I trust Mike Mularkey, ... where did that get you?

I trust my own eyes and my history of watching the Bills since 1960.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I saw him play every game. My opinion, and those of the Raiders fans who saw him play every week, are far superior to your ignorance about him.

I can almost hear the echoes of " I trust Gregg Williams, I trust Tom Donahoe, I trust Jerry Gray, I trust Mike Mularkey, ... where did that get you?

LMFAO!

Your own takes are not accepted by certain posters here. Such posters are best known as "parrots" because they "bawk" "coach knows best" or "FO knows best" every time something is done. I appreciate your observations, but you will get flack, feathers, and droppings from the parrots because they do not understand football and resent anyone here who does.

his problem has always been is pass protection....He reminds me of another ex Bills RT who ran block real well, but was only an average passs blocker......

I agree and I disagree. First, you're right that Walker's relative strength is runblocking but unlike Mike Williams, it's not at the point of attack. Walker can be an effective runblocker at the second-level stuff, getting out to linebackers with his surprising speed and redirecting them with his long arms. At the point of attack, he does get overpowered. And yes, he is terrible in pass protection up to this point in his career. I am hopeful of him reaching his potential, but up to now, he has been a bad player.

Your own takes are not accepted by certain posters here. Such posters are best known as "parrots" because they "bawk" "coach knows best" or "FO knows best" every time something is done. I appreciate your observations, but you will get flack, feathers, and droppings from the parrots because they do not understand football and resent anyone here who does.

Do you have some parrot fetish? I think you use the word parrot more than some posters here use periods.

ah ha, but even the chosen ones in Oakland who "know" football agreed he would be a more servicable guard. What's wrong with him next to Pennington?

How is it that an o-line with Gallery, Grove and a 6'8" tackle suck so badly? It has to be much more than the players. Many, many of us here desperately wanted the Bills to draft Gallery and Grove. They looked like chumps last year. Whatever made them look so bad likely also made Walker look bad. I am willing to give the Bills' staff the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Me three !

Last year when the Bills signed Tutan Reyes, the same kind of thread was started for him. Panthers fans warned us he sucked, I (who am a Panther fan as well) told you he sucked, and guess what? He sucked. Just because Buffalo signs a guy, doesn't mean he is gold. I don't know anything about Walker, so I'm cetainly not going to knock him, but I would wait until he takes the field before giving Marv a reach around.

I was one of those posters that was in Tutan Reyes corner....

I stand by what I said back them....the guy is a good pass protector but he just doesn't get any push in the running game. Gandy was a better option because he was a better linemen and run blocker.....and Tutan came in and did just that....good pass protection horrible run blocking

We needed better run blocking....so Tutan went to the bench

I am just really on the fence with Langston Walker....but I am willing to give the bills staff the benefit of the doubt on him for the time being

I was one of those posters that was in Tutan Reyes corner....

I stand by what I said back them....the guy is a good pass protector but he just doesn't get any push in the running game. Gandy was a better option because he was a better linemen and run blocker.....and Tutan came in and did just that....good pass protection horrible run blocking

We needed better run blocking....so Tutan went to the bench

I am just really on the fence with Langston Walker....but I am willing to give the bills staff the benefit of the doubt on him for the time being

They didn't pay those guys big salaries. They got lunch pail type deals. These guys are getting premium salaries, so it is logical to assume that these guys are premium players. They will be great, the Buffalo Bills know what they are doing. A lot more than any one of us who don't evaluate talent for a living. Imagine how much more tape the talent evaluators have seen over a Raiders fan guy watching the whole game and not focused on just Walker. Maybe loaded with beers to boot.