Raiders fans talk about Langston Walker

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaches obviously see something in him. He was highly thought of before this season. He did give up 10.75 sacks, Gallery gave up 10.5, and Jake Grove gave up 8.

The Raiders gave up over 70 sacks. It was a terribly coached offense. Rueben Brown was garbage his last years in Buffalo, goes to Chicago and is a probowler. Sometimes its all about the offense your in and the situation. I think Walker will benefit from the change of scenery, if not, Pennington showed great signs and will compete for the job.

Maybe Levy was signing this guy to play the RG position since he's struggled at the tackle position.

Maybe. He was a very good OG.

I read an article today and they asked a question, what happend to Langston Walker this year? They guessed it was his move to RT. I still think it was this offense they were running.

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96826

This is no upgrade!

I saw him play every game last year - ugh!

JP losman better get the team doctor on speed dial!

Signing any player to $25 million dollar contract who was part of one of the worst offensive lines in NFL history seems to be a real bad move to me.

I don't understand this signing, look at how bad the Raiders OL was last year, sure you can't pin it on any one guy but to sign a part of that unit to a contract this large is absolutely moronic.

Chicago was absolutely foolish to sign Ruben Brown after TD whipped up the minions against him. He was an old, inept, washed up and worse - a guaranteed 3 10-yard holding penalties per-game player. Good riddance to him!

Chicago was absolutely foolish to sign Ruben Brown after TD whipped up the minions against him. He was an old, inept, washed up and worse - a guaranteed 3 10-yard holding penalties per-game player. Good riddance to him!

You know, I forgot about how often it seemed that he was penalized.

At least someone is still thinking rationally.

And don't forget - that line was using blocking schemes that were 10+ years old with no updates. Couple that with tons of 7 step drops and Aaron Brooks/Andrew Walter as your QB and you got a big problem. In fact, he opted out of his rookie deal thanks to a clause in his contract, so he knew what was going on and didn't like it.

And to be fair a good bit of his sacks came from the Sun/Mon (I can't remember) game against the Chargers, with Merriman running by as Walker blocked down on a slanted DE.

And don't forget - that line was using blocking schemes that were 10+ years old with no updates. Couple that with tons of 7 step drops and Aaron Brooks/Andrew Walter as your QB and you got a big problem. In fact, he opted out of his rookie deal thanks to a clause in his contract, so he knew what was going on and didn't like it.

And to be fair a good bit of his sacks came from the Sun/Mon (I can't remember) game against the Chargers, with Merriman running by as Walker blocked down on a slanted DE.

It's just much easier to believe that Marv and Ralph are senile and despite the fact that they're incredibly cheap they're throwing money away on the worst offensive lineman on the worst offensive line in football last year.

How is it that an o-line with Gallery, Grove and a 6'8" tackle suck so badly? It has to be much more than the players. Many, many of us here desperately wanted the Bills to draft Gallery and Grove. They looked like chumps last year. Whatever made them look so bad likely also made Walker look bad. I am willing to give the Bills' staff the benefit of the doubt on this one.

How is it that an o-line with Gallery, Grove and a 6'8" tackle suck so badly? It has to be much more than the players. Many, many of us here desperately wanted the Bills to draft Gallery and Grove. They looked like chumps last year. Whatever made them look so bad likely also made Walker look bad. I am willing to give the Bills' staff the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I hope that you're right, that there was something in the water in Oakland that made that line collectively suck as bad as it did.

We'll find out soon enough I guess, I hope that this wasn't a big mistake, we gave him the same contract that Fletcher got from Washington.

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96826

This is no upgrade!

I saw him play every game last year - ugh!

JP losman better get the team doctor on speed dial!

Wow, you saw him play? I guess we should just take your word for it then because your a keen assesor of talent right? I mean if you saw him play you've obviously done the same amount of work as the Bills coaching staff. You probably saw him play every snap against every opponent last year. That combined with your intrinsic understanding of assignments, blocking schemes and techniques certainly makes you a better judge of this guys ability that any of the current Bills staff.

I'll put my faith in someone who actually knows what they're looking at, thanks!

It certainly sounds like he was disliked in O-Town. This does not bode well. However...

Good O-Lines are often made, not by the talent of the players, but by the synergy created when they are all working together. Perhaps a move to buffalo, and leaving the other 4 guys is what he needs.

Coaching is extremely important. McNally (supposedly) is one of the best.

I think we have a chance to see him succeed here, and I hope he does...but what the raiders fans are saying scares me.

Don't forget Walker started on the Raiders line when they went to the Super Bowl at guard. Add to that he was injured most of last year. I guarentee he is a far better run blocker than Pennington or Butler, we'll see about pass protection. He played well every year except this last one. Hmmmmm...