Drew Rosenhaus just called out our line

when asked why buffalo would want to trade willis, he said "i think its a combination of some things. we havent been able to work out a long term deal yet. and willis has expressed some frustration with being in buffalo and the offense they have."

when countered with the fact that willis gets a LOT of touches, he responded with "i dont like to call out other players, or name names, but the offensive line has been less than expected..." blah blah blah

didnt mention that Willis didnt know the playbook and not knowing which gap to hit or where the hole was supposed to be, probably made the line look just as bad...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised he didn't add, "and Willis is really upset that the coaching staff actually expects him to pick up the blitz."

he might as well have. it was good to see the espn guy take up the Bills side and talk about all the carries McGahee gets.

I'm surprised he didn't add, "and Willis is really upset that the coaching staff actually expects him to pick up the blitz."

HAHAHA.

Willis imo is a avg. back that wants top RB money. If we trade him I will be happy, if we keep him I will be happy (if he studies the playbook).

That's what makes it so fun to block for Marshawn. He always gives us credit, even after he's been the one making us look good. He makes you want to get down field and keep blocking, because you know he'll break some tackles. But you'll never hear him talking about himself."

- Erik Robertson, Cal offensive lineman

When has an offensive lineman been heard saying that about Willis?

Maybe our line is somewhat crap, but the self professed "best back in the league" sure doesn't seem to elevate their play.

maybe our line is subpar. but our passing game produced an all-pro caliber WR and a top 15 QB. thanks in part to the pass protection (which saw little to no help from willis). if our running game stinks, its just as much willis' faut as it is our line's. id say that the line put forth a much larger effort to run block than willis did at actually pounding the rock.

maybe our line is subpar. but our passing game produced an all-pro caliber WR and a top 15 QB. thanks in part to the pass protection (which saw little to no help from willis). if our running game stinks, its just as much willis' faut as it is our line's. id say that the line put forth a much larger effort to run block than willis did at actually pounding the rock.

Arizona has a top 5 passing attack with probably a top 3 wr duo, yet their run game sucks.... IT's the line

How much do you wanna bet that this ends up being the final straw? I can't wait to hear/see the backlash this creates, :worthy:, regardless of whether it's a valid criticism or not. There is some truth to this thinking or else: why did we reorganize the line halfway through the season. However, in comparison to the reports of Willis not knowing the plays(which haven't been confirmed), I'd say that it does next to nothing for me. What boggles me to this day is at one point during the season, Willis was leading the league in rushing. How do you do that if you don't know the plays? Did he get lucky?

Willis didn't have a good year, and may want out, and may not be here, but the OL run blocking was not only putrid the entire season but even the revamping during the bye week didn't help one bit. The run blocking sucked the entire year. Pitifully so. The PASS blocking got a lot better. The run blocking stunk.

Arizona has a top 5 passing attack with probably a top 3 wr duo, yet their run game sucks.... IT's the line

Leinhart was the 24th ranked QB and they have the 18th passing offense.

much better than our 30th ranked passing offense, but still.. top 5 is a stretch

What boggles me to this day is at one point during the season, Willis was leading the league in rushing. How do you do that if you don't know the plays? Did he get lucky?

Probably a lot to do with at the time he also led the league with 99 carries and was on pace for well over 400 carries in the season. Very few rb's can maintain that pace and will be more prone to injuries and tailing off. Such a torrid pace might've made the stats look nice, but it would've done nothing for us over the long haul except burn out our run game. The run blocking overall was downright bad.

Willis didn't have a good year, and may want out, and may not be here, but the OL run blocking was not only putrid the entire season but even the revamping during the bye week didn't help one bit. The run blocking sucked the entire year. Pitifully so. The PASS blocking got a lot better. The run blocking stunk.

did it stink? or did willis not know what he was doing out there? im no big hater of willis, but the news that he didnt know the playbook or his pass protection assignments seems to explain a lot in the way he played last year