CNN on the Neil Hit

EZC-Boston

I agree. I remember posting something similar to this a few months ago and nearly got run off the board. Funny when its a Sabre things change. As someone said to me earlier when I complained about dirty hits "The pussification of America continues". And btw, technically the hit was late. But close enough where I wouldnt even call it dirty.

Anybody got that !@#$'s e-mail address?? :worthy:

"You see, this kind of hit happens nightly" --bull sh--! Shoulder-to-head hits from the blindside do not happen nightly. When Crosby or OV get put out for the season by that kind of hit this guy'll be the one whining. Man, I'm pissed...

Ever seen a picture of the guy, never played hockey in his life I bet. It's funny how his perspective is such that he called the hit a "smart hockey play". I could send him an email telling him how he may know players, and stats, and schedules, but knows nothing about hockey. However, the next time I spurt off about the intricacies of Dungeons and Dragons and the proper way to absorb a wedgie, I don't need him filling my inbox with corrections. What a tool.

Ever seen a picture of the guy, never played hockey in his life I bet.

I know Al personally. My wife used to work with him at Beckett Publications in Dallas. Al is still there. I could get his email, but I've given you enough to google him.

1) Al did play hockey. He was in the juniors (I think) about to get drafted when his career ended due to injury.

2) He's Canadian

3) His haircut IS that awful in person

4) He met his wife at a place where you wouldn't be proud to tell the kids (I'll leave it to your imagination). She was working.

5) He works part-time for cnnsi and the Dallas Stars

6) He does know his hockey, but his anti-Buffalo bias is getting out of hand. He had an article recommending Tim Thomas for the Olympic team and forgot about Ryan Miller. He took it in the shorts for that one.

. But close enough where I wouldnt even call it dirty.

I'm sure if someone blasted you from behind after you got rid of the puck you'd feel the same way. And dont split hairs about whether it was from behind or not- Drury didnt even turn his head to look, he had no chance to see the hit coming.

. But close enough where I wouldnt even call it dirty.

I'm sure if someone blasted you from behind after you got rid of the puck you'd feel the same way. And dont split hairs about whether it was from behind or not- Drury didnt even turn his head to look, he had no chance to see the hit coming.

It was'nt that late. But I totally agree with the way Lindy and his team reacted. One of his guys got ran and the Sabres showed balls. No argument with that. Just the constant whining about this which is sickening. I posted the same thing about Torres for taking similar runs at players a few months ago and I was called a kitty and whiner. Hell, im whining now I guess. :(

I wonder what the author thinks of the not entirely dissimilar hit that just sent the Leafs' Tomas Kaberle off the ice on a stretcher? :devil:

Exactly.

I can't believe people are wishy-washy on this... If it happens to a QB in football, it is roughing the passer.

Same should be in hockey... All the technical advancements along with size and conditioning... There is a reason why the NFL changed... Players were getting killed.

Hockey no different...

It will take one big "Daryl Stingley" moment on the ice to get the NHL and the fans that call themself "purists", "old schoolers", etc... To get their head out of their arses.

It is so much more dangerous in hockey than football... Yet, hockey won't change.

The hit on Drury was late... Way late...

I am not sticking up for BFLO either... Kaleta pulled a major brain fart that let the Habs back into the contest tonight...

There is no place for it in the new rules... They just don't jive... Old and new that is...

IMO, of course.

I wonder what the author thinks of the not entirely dissimilar hit that just sent the Leafs' Tomas Kaberle off the ice on a stretcher? :devil:

Janssen's got to get suspended for that hit. The league has to make an example of him so this stuff doesn't keep escalating. But, then again, this is the NHL we're talking about.

The expression "finishing a check" is considered "late", IMO...

Where do you draw the line... How will you ever figure out intent?

There is a real problem if somebody gets paraylized or something... The game is so much different today and the new rules are making the distinction even more DANGEROUS and life threatening for the guys who play the game...

Funny story that happened to me today:

I was at the local pizza shop in town today and I saw this massive guy with his kid ordering pizza. On the back of his jacket it read, Senators Alumni. I continued to order after him and then I struck up a conversation with him. I asked him what his name was and he told me his name was Jim Kyte. I then asked him what he thought about the Neil hit on Drury and he said it was clean but late. And that Lindy was in the right for putting Peters and the gang on the ice. Then he disagreed with what Peters did to Emery. Saying that he should've at least took his helmet off before going after the keeper. I asked him who he thought had a legit shot at the cup. He said, "Forget Ottawa". Then he went on to say watch out for Pittsburgh. And went told me that with the additions and the free agent period they'll be better. Then I said, "What about Buffalo?" He basically told me that we'll miss Biron in case Miller goes down.

Then he went on to tell me how the Penguins have a shot. And raved about them getting Gary Roberts, Georges Laraque and defenseman Joel Kwiatkowski. We then talked about Laraque and I told him I remember him fighting Rob Ray really tough. I told him I hadn't seen Ray ever get dominated like that in a fight. He then said Rob Ray huh (with a strange look in his eye)?

I then got home a googled his name and found this. Link.

It explains why the conversation came to a halt.

Funny story that happened to me today:

I was at the local pizza shop in town today and I saw this massive guy with his kid ordering pizza. On the back of his jacket it read, Senators Alumni. I continued to order after him and then I struck up a conversation with him. I asked him what his name was and he told me his name was Jim Kyte. I then asked him what he thought about the Neil hit on Drury and he said it was clean but late. And that Lindy was in the right for putting Peters and the gang on the ice. Then he disagreed with what Peters did to Emery. Saying that he should've at least took his helmet off before going after the keeper. I asked him who he thought had a legit shot at the cup. He said, "Forget Ottawa". Then he went on to say watch out for Pittsburgh. And went told me that with the additions and the free agent period they'll be better. Then I said, "What about Buffalo?" He basically told me that we'll miss Biron in case Miller goes down.

Then he went on to tell me how the Penguins have a shot. And raved about them getting Gary Roberts, Georges Laraque and defenseman Joel Kwiatkowski. We then talked about Laraque and I told him I remember him fighting Rob Ray really tough. I told him I hadn't seen Ray ever get dominated like that in a fight. He then said Rob Ray huh (with a strange look in his eye)?

I then got home a googled his name and found this. Link.

It explains why the conversation came to a halt.

:devil:

Congrats on the win. Aebischer !@#$ing sucks

Allan Muir is also the :devil: who wrote this week that the Sabres were "losers" at the trade deadline.

Analysis:

Zubrus is a big body who can play any forward position, but his offense was inflated by playing with Alexander Ovechkin. And after holding him for all this time, was clearing cap space really the best GM Darcy Regier could do with Biron? A more capable defender than Lehtonen or a less frightening option in net than Conklin would have been a good start.

Final Tally:

The Sabres look different but not much better.

link

I was at the game last night. The hit WAS clean, perhaps a TAD late but clean. And i say this as a non-Leafs hating fan (the fiancee is a die hard Leafs fan). I like Kaberle, and I wish it was anyone but him. He's my favorite player on the Leafs.

I was at the game last night. The hit WAS clean, perhaps a TAD late but clean. And i say this as a non-Leafs hating fan (the fiancee is a die hard Leafs fan). I like Kaberle, and I wish it was anyone but him. He's my favorite player on the Leafs.

It wasn't a tad late. It was late. Period. Kaberle was in a deep bend with no momentum, so it ended up being worse but at least he saw it coming. Of course, team Euro didn't physically respond but they somehow managed to steal two points from the most boring team in pro hockey history.

It wasn't a tad late. It was late. Period. Kaberle was in a deep bend with no momentum, so it ended up being worse but at least he saw it coming. Of course, team Euro didn't physically respond but they somehow managed to steal two points from the most boring team in pro hockey history.

I admit I didn't see the direct hit, but it didn't appear to be that late. I easily could be wrong.

We were kind of chuckling that the Leafs didn't respond. I turned to the guy sitting next to me and said "crap, the Devs are about to get their asses handed to them."

If I were a Leafs fan I would be embarassed that the team didn't respond.

I'm not sure I'd blame 20 quality scoring chances on my goalie. He didn't play great but he saw more odd man rushes than a flag football game at BF's house.

True, but I was drunk while watching the game. Sort of influences my analysis abilities.

You don't need to turn water into wine to realize it was late. It was a horrible hit just as the one on Drury. Kudos to the NHL for protecting its players by not calling penalties or even suspending players doing these disgusting hits.