CNN on the Neil Hit

EZC-Boston

A interesting note on Kyte. He wore hearing aids in each ear and was the first legally deaf person to play in NHL........

Funny story that happened to me today:

I was at the local pizza shop in town today and I saw this massive guy with his kid ordering pizza. On the back of his jacket it read, Senators Alumni. I continued to order after him and then I struck up a conversation with him. I asked him what his name was and he told me his name was Jim Kyte. I then asked him what he thought about the Neil hit on Drury and he said it was clean but late. And that Lindy was in the right for putting Peters and the gang on the ice. Then he disagreed with what Peters did to Emery. Saying that he should've at least took his helmet off before going after the keeper. I asked him who he thought had a legit shot at the cup. He said, "Forget Ottawa". Then he went on to say watch out for Pittsburgh. And went told me that with the additions and the free agent period they'll be better. Then I said, "What about Buffalo?" He basically told me that we'll miss Biron in case Miller goes down.

Then he went on to tell me how the Penguins have a shot. And raved about them getting Gary Roberts, Georges Laraque and defenseman Joel Kwiatkowski. We then talked about Laraque and I told him I remember him fighting Rob Ray really tough. I told him I hadn't seen Ray ever get dominated like that in a fight. He then said Rob Ray huh (with a strange look in his eye)?

I then got home a googled his name and found this. Link.

It explains why the conversation came to a halt.

A interesting note on Kyte. He wore hearing aids in each ear and was the first legally deaf person to play in NHL........

I read that on the NHLPA website yesterday. He must have read my lips cause he didn't have a hearing aid in that I could see.