D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Fingon

I keep hearing about how he will be such a great player from Jets fans. Yet, he had a DREADFUL rookie season. He is close to last among LT's in sacks allowed with 10. Those are Robert Gallery numbers folks.

I keep hearing about how he will be such a great player from Jets fans. Yet, he had a DREADFUL rookie season. He is close to last among LT's in sacks allowed with 10. Those are Robert Gallery numbers folks.

scoebel lit him up for 3 sacks in new jersey. i agree with you the guy is nothing special.

They're also Walter Jones numbers, arguably the best Left OT in the league, who gave up 10.5 sacks last season. Also if you prorate Orlando Pace's under a full season he would of given up 9.0 sacks this season in 16 games. While Ferguson struggled to call him (or any player) a bust after their first season is a bit questionable.

They're also Walter Jones numbers, arguably the best Left OT in the league, who gave up 10.5 sacks last season. Also if you prorate Orlando Pace's under a full season he would of given up 9.0 sacks this season in 16 games. While Ferguson struggled to call him (or any player) a bust after their first season is a bit questionable.

WJ was horrible last season. Apparently, he had some ankle injury... he shouldn't have even played. D'Brick is on the road to being a bust though.

Offensive linemen take a long time to develop. To call D'Brickashaw Ferguson a bust after his first season is foolish. Wait untill the end of his 3rd season before making any judgements.

How about Jason Peters. He looks pretty good, undrafted kid. Jason wasn't taughted in college.

Offensive linemen take a long time to develop. To call D'Brickashaw Ferguson a bust after his first season is foolish. Wait untill the end of his 3rd season before making any judgements.

I said he was on the road to becoming a bust.

How about Jason Peters. He looks pretty good, undrafted kid. Jason wasn't taughted in college.

This was Peters third season in the league. Right around the time offensive linemen start to come around. To compare D'Brickashaw Ferguson to him is unfair.

An undrafted dude against a number four overall pick? Completely unfair.

I'm a big Peters fan. I get many of my American stations from Boston because of where I live in Canada and saw Bill Bellechick talking up Peters one time and he had a lot of positive things to say about him. D'Brickashaw Ferguson will have plenty of time to prove himself. Comparing guys who have one full season under their belt at LT is foolish. wait another 2 years and then compare Peters and Ferguson and see who is better.

Point well taken, though about not expecting as much from and UDFA versus a high first round pick.

I dont think it is so very impertinent to compare the two, this was, after all, Jason Peter's first season at LT as well. He was originally thought to be a TE even when he got into training camp and wasnt converted to a tackle until mid way through his second season...so if anything, fergueson has had a far greater amount of time at LT than peters correct?

scoebel lit him up for 3 sacks in new jersey. i agree with you the guy is nothing special.

to be fair, IIRC schobel got two of those in garbage time on the backup QB who had no pocket prescence (Clemens i think?)

my deal with Brick last year was that. Typically rookies struggle at LT, and he would have to start his career at RT, the problem is he doesn't have the size to play RT, his playing weight during the season was around 275. at 275 he would have been an average sized lineman in 86. That is why i was happy to see him drafted by anyone other than Buffalo.

Don't tell me about McNeill, I agree he had a great rookie year, but he at least he had the size if anything prior to being drafted.

my deal with Brick last year was that. Typically rookies struggle at LT, and he would have to start his career at RT, the problem is he doesn't have the size to play RT, his playing weight during the season was around 275. at 275 he would have been an average sized lineman in 86. That is why i was happy to see him drafted by anyone other than Buffalo.

Don't tell me about McNeill, I agree he had a great rookie year, but he at least he had the size if anything prior to being drafted.

You mean Ferguson needs to get some more of D'Bricks in his rikishaw? :thumbdown:

I dont think it is so very impertinent to compare the two, this was, after all, Jason Peter's first season at LT as well. He was originally thought to be a TE even when he got into training camp and wasnt converted to a tackle until mid way through his second season...so if anything, fergueson has had a far greater amount of time at LT than peters correct?

I am glad you made this point. People failed to mention that he was a converted TE.

Because you can tell the difference between giving up 4 or 7 sacks? This is about sacks as a measure of quality of OL. It accounts for neither the play nor the scheme called.

Sacks are one part of an overall evaluation of an offensive lineman.

Personally, I'd prefer to just call him a bust now and get it over with. It makes me feel better and validates me as a Bills fan.