(LAMP) Dam I hungry

plenzmd1

Got an 8AM colonoscopy tomorrow. No eating today, only clear liquids. Guess the real fun starts once I start taking the pills at 3.00pm today. Couple of questions for the experienced here.

Am I going to be that miserable around 5.00pm today?

Should I designate a one poooper in the house as "daddy"s pooper" today, and no else is allowed in?

How long were you in loopy land the day of?

Just thought I would share that with you all.

BTW, pops had colon cancer, Love canal, other risks factors involved so startin-em early.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been there done that. The preparation is the worse part of the process. Had to drink a passel of foul tasting stuff. The loopiness is kind of nice. Good idea to have it done early in life. My brother put it off and ended up with surgey and chemo and was ill for a long while. Fortunately he's fine now.

I'd definitely reserve a porcelin throne for thineself and stock the room with reading material suiting your particular interests.

When my dad got his, they did an up-periscope and a down-periscope (he joked that he hoped they changed cameras :thumbsup: ). And yeah, the doctor told me if I ever wanted to punch him in the face, that was the time b/c even tho he was upright and talking and everything, he wouldn't remember a damn thing. Then, the doc gave him a certificate for being "A Perfect A--hole."

Got an 8AM colonoscopy tomorrow. No eating today, only clear liquids. Guess the real fun starts once I start taking the pills at 3.00pm today. Couple of questions for the experienced here.

Should I designate a one poooper in the house as "daddy"s pooper" today, and no else is allowed in?

BTW, pops had colon cancer, Love canal, other risks factors involved so startin-em early.

I've had the procedure done four times. My father died of Colon Cancer. The first time, almost ten years ago. They removed 7 tubular adenomas(sp). If left there, there is a good chance they would have turned cancerous in 10 years.

The procedure is nothing, the valium/demerol shake they gave me knocks me out. The prep is the worst part of everything. Sitting on the can about 20 times.

Since they pump air up your ass during the procedure, they wont let you leave untill you rip about 3 or 4 farts afterword, right in front of the nurses.

Good luck.

I've had the procedure done four times. My father died of Colon Cancer. The first time, almost ten years ago. They removed 7 tubular adenomas(sp). If left there, there is a good chance they would have turned cancerous in 10 years.

The procedure is nothing, the valium/demerol shake they gave me knocks me out. The prep is the worst part of everything. Sitting on the can about 20 times.

Since they pump air up your ass during the procedure, they wont let you leave untill you rip about 3 or 4 farts afterword, right in front of the nurses.

Good luck.

Hmmm.....I suspect in your case the nurses wanted a hazmat team present. Groupers don't smell all that good as an air freshener!

If there is a family history, tell your Doctor. Let him decide. Mine told me, age 40.

Bingo! I think for most starts at 50, but 40 is when they start with the family history.

And how cool is it i get to fart in public and feel proud of it !!!!

Loud and proud and as they say!!!!

Bingo! I think for most starts at 50, but 40 is when they start with the family history.

And how cool is it i get to fart in public and feel proud of it !!!!

Loud and proud and as they say!!!!

We refer to it as "Getting a thumbs up from the Rear Admiral".

40 is correct with family history unless you are showing signs of "issues" before that, than by all means get checked immeditately.

My dad is a two time colon cancer survivor. His dad had it once, my brother is recovering now.

My uncle on my moms side had it also so I have the good fortune of having double the chance.

I had my first test at 40.

When I was done, the Dr. walked in to the recovery room right in mid fart blast.

He said, "I guess you don't need me to pull your finger huh?"

I started laughing so hard it hurt.

Let us know when you pass the tuna salad sandwich you ate 4 years ago.

Here's my run-up to the event:

12:30 PM - 16 oz. Gatorade.

1:00 PM - 1 1/2 ounce Fleet Phosphosoda in 8 oz. 7-Up with ice.

2:00 PM - 1st bowel movement.

2:10 PM - 2nd (I omit the descriptives).

3:05 PM - 3rd.

4:20 PM - 4th.

5:30 PM - 5th.

6:10 PM - 6th. Clarity. :thumbsup:

6:15 PM - 2nd dose of Phosphosoda.

7:00 PM - 7th.

7:25 PM - 8th.

7:40 PM - 9th.

8:13 PM - 10th.

8:35 PM - 11th

9:20 PM - 4 ducolax tablets + 16 oz. Gatorade.

10:05 PM - 12th.

10:40 PM - 13th.

The next day.

3:00 AM - 14th.

3:10 AM - 15th.

6:50 AM - 16th.

7:05 AM - 17th.

Then I went to the hospital for the procedure. I don't recall any "loopiness".

17 trips to the can was sufficient to take thoughts of food off my mind.

Never have had it done, but a friend said they also did a final clean out at the hospital. he asked for a paper.

When they put the air in his colon, he remembers saying "Look at me! I'm the Michelin Man!" :thumbsup:

I had this procedure 3 or 4 years ago and the preparation part is the worst of it...

When I spent my time on the throne, I took the laptop and with the wireless system I have I was

still able to connect to the internet....

I had the option to be completely out or just a 'local'...

I opted for "Lights Out" and when I awoke, Mrs. Lew

proclaimed that she lives with a perfect arsehole...

Good luck ..

Look at it like you are being date raped by a machine. They give you some weird stuff and you don't remember a thing. Just remember to ask for lubrication.

wouldn't that take all the fun out?

In terms of jokes, can remember my dads doc who did the surgery proclaiming himself "an Italian brain surgeon"

Whose colon is called the "love canal"? What?