Nick Harper or Jason David

OHBillsFan

While it's a foregone conclusion that the Playmaker will be moving on, there's a strong possibility that the Bills will pursue one of the Colts' free agent cornerbacks.

Nick Harper was high on my list until I realized that he's 32. While he's a solid Cover-2 corner, I don't want another Troy Vincent scenario on our hands.

Jason David is the more appealing option. He's an RFA, but if we make him a solid offer, the Colts shouldn't be able to match (Even with Manning restructuring, their Cap is tied up with Franchising Freeney). While he doesn't have great size, he's familiar with the Cover 2 and has Playoff experience. If we could bring him in for a fraction of what Clements will get and grab an impact MLB like Willis in the draft, our defense should be in good shape for next season.

While it's a foregone conclusion that the Playmaker will be moving on, there's a strong possibility that the Bills will pursue one of the Colts' free agent cornerbacks.

Nick Harper was high on my list until I realized that he's 32. While he's a solid Cover-2 corner, I don't want another Troy Vincent scenario on our hands.

Same thought crossed my mind. He is on the wrong side of 30 and the current staff does not like that. If we lose NC, I think we will go with Youboty and draft another corner because the choices in FA are not very attractive.

Dre Bly wants out of Detroit because they're playing the cover 2 as opposed to man to man when he signed his contract. He wants to play man to man where he can make plays and reach his incentives.

Thank you. I only stated that evertyime his name comes up.

Harper sounds good to me. If we shore up that defensive line, I think having someone like Harper will probably result in a better overall defense than we had WITH Clements. I worry a bit about middle linebacker if we let Fletcher go, but we'll have to see what Marv has in mind for that position. The defense could be better next year than it was last year depending on how we play the defensive tackle (Okoye) and MLB positions.

Harper sounds good to me.

There is something to be said for a pair of experienced eyes.

Some time ago the B'gals signed OAK's cb Tory James. He got them 21 ints in his 2003 thru 2006 work for them.

His career is coming to a close. He had his good plays, and like any cb he's been beaten badly time to time. He's surely out of gas now, and won't be back. But all in all, he was a good acquisition.

Remember when they said Ron McDole was washed up? :lol:

I think the better question is will Youboty be more like Terrence Mcgee or more like Tim Anderson? McGee was never expected to be Antoine Winfield's replacement, as the Bills signed Troy Vincent, but he filled the void quite admirablly. Anderson and Ron Edwards were expected to fill the void left by Pat Williams. I have a feeling Youboty will be more like Terrence Mcgee. The Bills seemed thrilled when they got him in the third round. I think they said they had a late 1st round grade on him. I think he never saw the field because the Bills were in the playoff hunt and he missed training camp. The coaches didn't want a corner in there who was learning on the job. Another question Are Bills smarter than all the other front offices out there? The other teams knew what they were doing in passing up Youboty?

I just don't see us signing someone who is 32 years old. Not gonna happen. Cato June is overrated and we already have Ellison when it comes to LB, hardly an upgrade believe it or not. If we go after a free agent CB I'd take a chance on Travis Fisher. If healthy, he could be solid enough. As long as his injuries haven't robbed him of any ability, he still has good upside.

Why is everyone writing off Youboty? The guy by all accounts has first round talent. Unfortunately with the the deal of his mother, understandably, he feel behind. Personally, I think the Bills are quite happy with their corner situation and are gonna give this guy every chance to be a starter. I have a feeling the only FAs you will see signed are on the OL & DL.

I just don't see us signing someone who is 32 years old. Not gonna happen. Cato June is overrated and we already have Ellison when it comes to LB, hardly an upgrade believe it or not. If we go after a free agent CB I'd take a chance on Travis Fisher. If healthy, he could be solid enough. As long as his injuries haven't robbed him of any ability, he still has good upside.

Cato June had 11 tackles against TN in a cover-2 defense. The following week, 15 vs. Washington. Against NE in November he had 9 tackles, 2 pass deflections, and 2 INT's. The following week, he led the team with 10 tackles against us. Two weeks later, he again led the Colts with 10 tackles, 9 of which were solo. Against CIN, he had 13 tackles, again leading the Colts against the Bungles. He led the Colts against Miami with 11, forced a fumble, and had an INT.

He's entering his fifth year. If he makes it to FA, he'll be Levy's next signing.

Cato June had 11 tackles against TN in a cover-2 defense. The following week, 15 vs. Washington. Against NE in November he had 9 tackles, 2 pass deflections, and 2 INT's. The following week, he led the team with 10 tackles against us. Two weeks later, he again led the Colts with 10 tackles, 9 of which were solo. Against CIN, he had 13 tackles, again leading the Colts against the Bungles. He led the Colts against Miami with 11, forced a fumble, and had an INT.

He's entering his fifth year. If he makes it to FA, he'll be Levy's next signing.

How many of these tackles were behind the los? In all serioussness I do not know. Cite stats other then tackles as they are misleading Zach Thomas makes a lot of tackles, but misses more than he makes and is probably the most overrated players in the game. Does June miss as many or more tackles than he makes?

Thank you. I only stated that evertyime his name comes up.

It hasn't made any sense anytime you've said it either. Jauron can call us a cover 2 team but we played almost no cover 2 from the bye on. After the bye we played Nate man up on the team’s number one. Now we lose Nate, and have to return McGee to zone which was a big reason we switched in the first place. How is Dre Bly not a good fit if we want to continue the schemes that did well last year?

Why is everyone writing off Youboty? The guy by all accounts has first round talent. Unfortunately with the the deal of his mother, understandably, he feel behind. Personally, I think the Bills are quite happy with their corner situation and are gonna give this guy every chance to be a starter. I have a feeling the only FAs you will see signed are on the OL & DL.

youboty shouldn't be written off. however he hasn't proven anything yet and if he does pan out its always good to have 3 solid corners... here is a NEW NAME to add to the shuffle of replacements............................................ FRED SMOOTH!!! vikings are reportedly looking to cut him. take a look http://www.kffl.com/player/1904/nfl

who cares about the sex boat incident. the guy can play ball.