Director James Cameron says he's found the tomb of...

Phlegm Alley

It's about time someone laid out some cold hard facts showing how the resurrection couldn't have happened.

Time for all the JC believers to engage in deep introspection or say that DNA evidence is faked. Sorry Christians, this isn't the OJ trial--Cameron is not the bungling LAPD.

Be fun to see the reaction on this board.

So you're one of the retards that believes this sh--?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Documentaries aren't what they used to be - e.g "Fahrenheit 911, "Inconvenient Truth", and most recently, "Who Killed the Electric Car?". Theaters really should sell grape Kool-Aid... :blink:

Highlight of last nights' Oscars: You know the little voice over that usually say "this is Joe Blow's second Oscar and fourth nomination" right after they announce the winner? Well last night when they announced ALGORE's win the voiceover said something like "They were preparing to start filming in New Orleans right before Katrina struck, an event that highlighted the impact of global warming"

Yup, there were no hurricanes before man started warming the planet. Must be true if I heard it on TV.

Highlight of last nights' Oscars: You know the little voice over that usually say "this is Joe Blow's second Oscar and fourth nomination" right after they announce the winner? Well last night when they announced ALGORE's win the voiceover said something like "They were preparing to start filming in New Orleans right before Katrina struck, an event that highlighted the impact of global warming"

Yup, there were no hurricanes before man started warming the planet. Must be true if I heard it on TV.

That was pretty dumb. I don't want to get into a debate over global warming in this thread but it does highlight how people get behind a cause (such as GW) and then cause distrust and disbelief with exaggerations.

So you're one of the retards that believes this sh--?

You choose to disbelieve science at your own risk Luddite.

When was the last time Jesus warmed your dinner?

Cameron is doing people a service; obviously zealots like you will continue to believe in a resurrection despite scientific proof to the contrary. As always, you retain your right to be ignorant. Exercise it at your risk.

Documentaries aren't what they used to be - e.g "Fahrenheit 911, "Inconvenient Truth", and most recently, "Who Killed the Electric Car?". Theaters really should sell grape Kool-Aid... :blink:

The genre of documentary filmaking is not one that has clear boundries, and it is consistently evolving. Is not the purpose of a documentary to present facts and events in such a way that it creates discussion and provokes thought? If you understand before watching that 'facts' can always be presented to serve many different purposes, then I would argue that those three docs you cited are EXACTLY what the genre is supposed to be. They all spurred thought, discussion, and challenged societal norms. They all spurred counter-arguments from disagreeing sides. Why do you cite those films as evidence that the genre has slipped?

If you think filmmakers started using documentaries in the year 2003 to further a political cause while making assumptions of truths or taking some 'factual liberties,' and that's why the genre has 'fallen off lately' as you put it, then you are sorely mistaken. Check out Capra's Why We Fight from the 40's, which was actually commissioned by the US Government to convince the public that war in Europe and the Pacific was necessary. Check out pretty much every doc from the 60's or 70's, which most certainly were NOT commissioned by the US Government. All had their own interpretation of truth, facts, and necessary actions.

The filmmaker is well within his rights to steer a film toward a cause of his choosing. The viewers are well within their right to agree or disagree with the film's presentation. If, minimally, the film spurs discussion, I would say it's a successful documentary.

After reading the press junket that all members of the media recieved upon entering the library and watching a about a half hour of the actual documentary that came in the junket, Cameron provides critics of these claims as to provide different perspectives and not just a biased one.

This is from the press kit:

DNA testing was perfromed on bits of matter recovered from the "Jesus son of Joseph" ossuary and the "Mariamene e Mara" ossuary. The test genetically concludes that these two were not maternally related. Given this was a family burial place reserved for spouses and blood relations, it is possible to deduce that they were a couple.

There were historians and archaeologists who claim that these names were very popular for this period, however, a statistics expert from University of Toronto said that in order for the cluster of all theses names to appear in the same tomb are extremely small.

The documentary is well done and thorough. Like I said, I watched about a half hour of it.

exactly...as most of those on PPP will acknowledge one of the greatest documentaries of all time was "Triumph of the Will" Leni Riefenstahl's glorification of the Nazis and the 1936 olympics. The first great documentary..."Nanook of the North" was made with an awful lot of editorial input. Documentaries having a political bias are pretty much de riguer.

Cameron is doing people a service; obviously zealots like you will continue to believe in a resurrection despite scientific proof to the contrary. As always, you retain your right to be ignorant. Exercise it at your risk.

When was the last time you warmed a conservative's dinner? A religious fellow's dinner? Since you seem to be claiming as a superior person...

Paraphrasing Billy Crystal...

"Thank You, Commie".

Just be sure if you get injured, the ambulance driver doesn't haul you to one of those hospitals names Mercy or Sisters or St. Francis or some such. No doubt, you will refuse treatment and prefer to die. I count on your consistency.

Get rid of Notre Dame University. Shutter local Buffalo schools like Canisius, raze St. Bonnie and Niagara. Tear down those magnificent European villages and churches. Down with that architecture. Ban much of the vast body of great classical music. It dares to be religious.

What saps the Christians were, eh?...husbanding man's intellectual works against the terror of the Dark Age...how dare they keep the sparks of education alive? Right..Bennie Frankie?

You need to stop the billions of dollars that Christians put out for charitable works. Stop those evil folks that go all around the globe to help others without a grant from a government.

Give me your better plan, Bennie Frankie... :blink:

Ben--such anger? For you it is impossible to Believe and to think scientifically. For others this is not a problem.

James Cameron (hmmm...another JC...coincidence?) probably got belted by the nuns one too many times when he was in the fourth grade at Our Lady of Whatever.

As a devout Christian, I find it amusing whenever people attempt to debunkify the Son of God.

You have to state that approximately 235 different prophecies of Scripture...all of which Jesus fulfills, and He is the only one in history who fulfills them all...is nothing but a bunch of made-up lies. Heck of an effort, to go to all of that trouble, if it isn't true.

There are simply some things you have to take on faith. I don't see the world revolving around the sun, but I know it does. I don't see the wind, but I know it exists. And I don't know what they make hot dogs out of, but I know it isn't good for me.