I see RB Chris Brown in Buffalo blues.

Tipster19

Signing Chris Brown, resigning A-Train and taking a RB with our first (Lynch) or second rd (Bush) pick would solidify our RB position and allow us to rid ourselves of the Great MaGahee. What I would rather see is us trading MaGahee and our 2nd rder (Green Bay) and move up into the 1st rd and secure Bush.

Signing Chris Brown, resigning A-Train and taking a RB with our first (Lynch) or second rd (Bush) pick would solidify our RB position and allow us to rid ourselves of the Great MaGahee. What I would rather see is us trading MaGahee and our 2nd rder (Green Bay) and move up into the 1st rd and secure Bush.

Why Chris Brown??

Chris Brown :) He's softer then flour. If you're going to get a rb you acquire one thru the draft not free agency. I still think it's entirely ridiculous to trade a rb under contract, and create more holes for a team who despite having the 2nd most cap room in the league will probably lose 2-3 defensive starters, and in a sh-- year in free agency for our positions of need. Brilliant!! :worthy:

Chris Brown :) He's softer then flour. If you're going to get a rb you acquire one thru the draft not free agency. I still think it's entirely ridiculous to trade a rb under contract, and create more holes for a team who despite having the 2nd most cap room in the league will probably lose 2-3 defensive starters, and in a sh-- year in free agency for our positions of need. Brilliant!! :worthy:

ya so the bills draft one have him for 4 years contract time comes up get rid of him.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't remember us having a real ironman ourselves since Thurman. Travis wasn't a real piece of granite and MaGahee had his little bumps and bruises too. Although Brown has a long ways to go before someone can count on him to carry a heavy load, I do believe that he would be a great compliment with A-Train. In spite of his durability, the guy does have skills.

Myself, I believe that the Bills should be content with an offense that has ranked no better than 24th in total yards the last four seasons, including finishing 29th the last two years. They've also finished 20th or worse in rushing in three of those four seasons.

That's a playoff caliber offense for sure. No need to upgrade those average starters.

Chris Brown does have skills. He has some pretty decent open field speed for his size, far from a burner though. A lot of the faults people claim mcgahee has, "dancing" in the backfield, not hitting the hole hard, not a great receiving back. Not good at picking up the blitz. All very well applies to Chris Brown. Even during his only 1000 yard season 3 years ago, he only scored 6 tds. He wouldn't be bad as a secondary back, but if we're going to get rid of a guy who is capable of carrying 300+ times a season, I'd expect someone good enough to match that production or better it. Chris Brown just doesn't offer that. I just can't wrap my head around the bills front office looking to create more unnecessary holes. Draft a rb to let him learn on the job for a year then don't re-sign mcgahee. I don't see how potentially letting 4 rather productive players Clements,Fletcher,Kelsay, Mcgahee if he's traded makes your team better. :worthy:

Myself, I believe that the Bills should be content with an offense that has ranked no better than 24th in total yards the last four seasons, including finishing 29th the last two years. They've also finished 20th or worse in rushing in three of those four seasons.

That's a playoff caliber offense for sure. No need to upgrade those average starters.

Couldn't have anything to do with the offensive line. Nope not at all

Should the Bills trade McGahee? If a) they're going to let him walk in a year's time anyway, and b) they could get something decent for him, then yes, I'd rather have that draft pick than one last year of McGahee. Flip things around: would you give up a first day pick to get just one year's play from a mediocre running back? Didn't think so.

On the other hand, if the Bills are reasonably confident they'll extend McGahee, or if they can't get much for him anyway, they should keep him.

It doesn't matter who you have in the backfield, if your line is poor, the running back has little chance of being productive. Not saying everything is on the O-Line, but he didn't start in Tennessee because Henry was better. Why bring him here, re-sign Anthony Thomas AND draft a RB?

Let's not spend too much in any one area. I'd rather have an above-average OL than a host of running backs and a bad line. We've been making the mistake of ignoring the line for years, albeit with different GM's. I hope Marv follows through and goes OL and not RB this year.

Should the Bills trade McGahee? If a) they're going to let him walk in a year's time anyway, and b) they could get something decent for him, then yes, I'd rather have that draft pick than one last year of McGahee. Flip things around: would you give up a first day pick to get just one year's play from a mediocre running back? Didn't think so.

On the other hand, if the Bills are reasonably confident they'll extend McGahee, or if they can't get much for him anyway, they should keep him.

Taking out potentinal compensation for trading mcgahee we currently have no rb on the roster capable of handling the load. If we did I would not be as adverse as I am to the potential trading of Willis. If I was on a team that was a perrenial playoff team and had needed a rb to get me to that next level then yes I would trade a 1st day pick for a guy who's relatively young, if I thought he could help them get to that next level.

As for having him for another year and getting nothing or trading him for some perceived value I'd rather keep him on the roster and draft a rb to learn on the job. Im not big on the idea of giving a rookie rb a full workload. Let the rook ease into the role while he learns as a #2 back and you can see if he shows enough flashes of potential where he can flat out be the guy or not.