Spikes

Kuile

I know he had a tough year, and a down one stats wise, but why is he rumored to be cut? Did Marv allude to it in his presser? I think, for one, we give him one more year to see if he is heathly. I just think he is a great player who ran into some bad luck with injuries.

He's not the same player he once was. Plus he's getting old.

Spikes turned 30 in December. That's a year and a half younger than Fletcher. Adalius Thomas, everybody's big-name free agent LB, turns 30 this August. Old?

Spikes turned 30 in December. That's a year and a half younger than Fletcher. Adalius Thomas, everybody's big-name free agent LB, turns 30 this August. Old?

And that, is the front runner for the best point of the day award.

He's not the same player he once was. Plus he's getting old.

Some of your posts astound me. They are either extrelmely vague or pointless, sometimes both. Anyway this guy suffered probably the worst football injury possible and you have the nerve to say that he is getting old and he wasnt the player he once was. No sh-- sherlock, let me tear your achilles and see how well you do. It was unbelievable to have him step on the field on opening day. My guess is you never had to rehab anything or you would not be making this post. The guy is an unbelievable athlete and will be even better with another year to strength train and proper rehab. Just getting over the mental part of such an excrutiating injury takes a massive toll on the body.

As long as he is 100%, I don't see why he can't fill the Derrick Brooks role for this team for 3-4 more years. Just like us, the coaches probably are waiting to see if he is all the way back to form. None of us KNOW, oh, he'll never be the same, yeah, like you know buddy. We all just gotta wait and see. I wish we knew for sure RIGHT NOW, but we'll just have to wait.

I know he had a tough year, and a down one stats wise, but why is he rumored to be cut? Did Marv allude to it in his presser? I think, for one, we give him one more year to see if he is heathly. I just think he is a great player who ran into some bad luck with injuries.

Has Spikes been cut? If not, let's wait until he is or isn't before wondering why he might be... :thumbsup:

If the Bills are not going to spend cash over the cap, it makes more sense to keep Spikes. He will count for 6 mill this year, if we cut him he would cost us 3 mill.

because we need more cap space.

Where did you hear that TKO was cut? The official word was that they were evaluating his status. We know he did not have a TKO type of year.... and one thing a LB, in this defense, must do is "RUN". If TKO can't do that anymore, then I suppose he would get the axe at some point.

Also, based on the Buff News article... cutting him would save $2.8M on the cap... not that they need cap space.

Some of your posts astound me. They are either extrelmely vague or pointless, sometimes both. Anyway this guy suffered probably the worst football injury possible and you have the nerve to say that he is getting old and he wasnt the player he once was. No sh-- sherlock, let me tear your achilles and see how well you do. It was unbelievable to have him step on the field on opening day. My guess is you never had to rehab anything or you would not be making this post. The guy is an unbelievable athlete and will be even better with another year to strength train and proper rehab. Just getting over the mental part of such an excrutiating injury takes a massive toll on the body.

Cut LSI a break, he's only like 17 or 18 years old (not saying theres anything wrong with being a youngin, I'm only 24). Anyway, I agree with you about Spikes. Anybody notice how J. Peterson in Seattle did this year, pretty sure he was playing in Hawaii after having a down year in 2005 coming off the same injury.

As long as he is 100%, I don't see why he can't fill the Derrick Brooks role for this team for 3-4 more years. Just like us, the coaches probably are waiting to see if he is all the way back to form. None of us KNOW, oh, he'll never be the same, yeah, like you know buddy. We all just gotta wait and see. I wish we knew for sure RIGHT NOW, but we'll just have to wait.

You honestly think with another year of rehab and lifting that he wont be back to near 100%. The hardest part is getting back on the field and trusting the injury, he has already proved thats not a problem. Now he can actually go full bore in workouts.

Cut LSI a break, he's only like 17 or 18 years old (not saying theres anything wrong with being a youngin, I'm only 24). Anyway, I agree with you about Spikes. Anybody notice how J. Peterson in Seattle did this year, pretty sure he was playing in Hawaii after having a down year in 2005 coming off the same injury.

Agreed. This year will be the test of what Spikes is able to contribute.

How awesome would it be if he returns to form?

I am not trying to break balls just stating what I see. Peterson did have a great year after his injury and goes to show you that being a workout warrior can help in recovering from serious injury.

You can't take the chance. I know how serious the injury was but he may not recover again fully. We have good replacements for him. I will say he does provide a great deal of leadership and knowledge but I think he's gonna get released. I don't was to see him leave, but I think he will be soon, based on the fact that we can get a lot of money in the process.