Sirius, XM to merge?

buckeyemike

Deal could be announced today.

Really, this may be the best move for both of them. I have Sirius, and I absolutely love it. I just hope I will not have to buy a new receiver.

But, I really wish that Sirius had baseball. That's the one thing I truly miss on satellite radio.

Hopefully, this merger will happen and not run into any regulatory roadblocks.

cost will go up

Maybe not.

The companies will save 7 Billion in operating costs. Yeah they won't have satellite competition, but terrestrial radio is still free, so they won't be able to jack up their rates too high, or they risk losing their tenuous hold on their customer base.

Maybe not.

The companies will save 7 Billion in operating costs. Yeah they won't have satellite competition, but terrestrial radio is still free, so they won't be able to jack up their rates too high, or they risk losing their tenuous hold on their customer base.

Exactly. If they start jacking around with rates, I am gone so quick if they don't grandfather in longtime customers (longtime in this case being 2 years :lol: )

Deal could be announced today.

Really, this may be the best move for both of them. I have Sirius, and I absolutely love it. I just hope I will not have to buy a new receiver.

But, I really wish that Sirius had baseball. That's the one thing I truly miss on satellite radio.

Hopefully, this merger will happen and not run into any regulatory roadblocks.

Both services have run up huge capitalization costs and are on the verge of insolvency - the merger can only be good for survival. I live in an area of piss poor radio reception and don't really care if costs go up. I listen to the radio far more than watch the tube. I was just looking at my options for wiring the outside patio.

(Long time Sirius subscriber)

Roger that (no) :lol:

One of my favorite quotes about the stock market is from Joseph Kennedy Sr.(JFK's father).

He said about the market: "You know it is time to sell when the shoe-shine boy tries to give you stock tips."

I think you can apply that lesson to buying individual stocks also.

Such is the status of SIRI.

:thumbsup:

Lucky for me, I bought the lifetime sub for my sirius. What kind of units does everyone have? I got the s50 right now.

Keep your fingers crossed. The lifetime subscription is tied to your receiver serial number. If it gets lost or stolen, the lifetime plan is null and void, which is why I ended up deciding against it. Now with the merger, if you end up needing new equipment, and I have no idea if you will or not, then that might void those lifetime subs as well.

Keep your fingers crossed. The lifetime subscription is tied to your receiver serial number. If it gets lost or stolen, the lifetime plan is null and void, which is why I ended up deciding against it. Now with the merger, if you end up needing new equipment, and I have no idea if you will or not, then that might void those lifetime subs as well.

You shouldn't need new equipment. The merged content could be transmitted over XM waves and Sirius wave channels. Or if they do drop one, then they have to offer free upgrades to the new equip.