Sirius, XM to merge?

buckeyemike

One of my favorite quotes about the stock market is from Joseph Kennedy Sr.(JFK's father).

He said about the market: "You know it is time to sell when the shoe-shine boy tries to give you stock tips."

I think you can apply that lesson to buying individual stocks also.

Such is the status of SIRI.

:)

I always figured it was time to sell when my broker ended up being a shoe-shine boy!...or at least time to change brokers! Made a killing in one stock a few years ago and am holding some sirius stock now, but will probably just wait and see with it for now as a flier. Satellite radio stock has been a risky proposition all along. I'm happy with my portfolio over all and figure my sirius stock is more or less a lottery ticket right now. International stocks have done VERY well.

I always figured it was time to sell when my broker ended up being a shoe-shine boy!...or at least time to change brokers! Made a killing in one stock a few years ago and am holding some sirius stock now, but will probably just wait and see with it for now as a flier. Satellite radio stock has been a risky proposition all along. I'm happy with my portfolio over all and figure my sirius stock is more or less a lottery ticket right now. International stocks have done VERY well.

A good portfolio has a few "wild" cards to mellow out the winners. Sometimes, selling at loss is a good thing - but hardly a strategy.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/chart...p;CP=0&PT=8