Nate Clements getting big money

K-Gun10

I think if we are able to sign the FA from Indy Nick Harper for less money than the loss of NC will be cureable. I think if we sign Nick Harper it will allow us to sign a OG as well... I think NC is out of here if he gets crazy amount of cash... He is not a big enough play maker to spend all your funds on...

I think if we are able to sign the FA from Indy Nick Harper for less money than the loss of NC will be cureable. I think if we sign Nick Harper it will allow us to sign a OG as well... I think NC is out of here if he gets crazy amount of cash... He is not a big enough play maker to spend all your funds on...

Didn't his squad win the Super Bowl? I think he will cash in on that. He will not come cheap.

I think he will be a middle range CB in terms of salary. He is a good CB for the cover 2. Another possibility is trading for Dre Bly. I think he could be an option because he will be here for a year or two, so Yubody can mature more as a player. I have copied and paisted comments from an ESPN Insider chat. I just feel that we need to have some form of a veteren to come in and replace NC. I am sad to say that we are going to lose him. He is a great player.

Josh (Dexter, NY): KC, help me understand. I've read that the Tampa 2 system is not made for players like Dre Bly. What CB in the league is the best example of a "Tampa 2 CB"? Thanks.

SportsNation KC Joyner: Nick Harper is a great example. Bly isn't made for the cover-2 (or so the story goes) because he isn't a good enough tackler.

Mikey(Beth Park): Do you think the Bills will try to trade for Dre'Bly? We could use a veteran to play along with are young bucks? Plus i hear he is a fan of Dick Jauron from his days in Detroit?

SportsNation KC Joyner: Good point, Mikey! He could be a hedge against their losing Clements, which is likely to happen in my opinion.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scor....nfl/index.html

an article in here is stating that clements will be pursued by titans PLEASE MARV SIGN THIS GUY.

and all u Daniel Graham lovers he might be a jet.

Nate Clements getting big money, FROM THE (insert name here ) ???????

Titans are just one of many.

There will be a long line initially for his services,then it will be down to who they can squeeze the most cash out of.

It won't be here.

I think if we trade for Dre Bly it is because of adding a veteran to help with Yubody. I just would feel more comfortable with a vet there to start with and have Ashton develop more... He only dressed for one game last year...

that would be good except the reason hes leaving detroit is he didnt excel in the cover 2, but oh boy would i love to have him.

Losing Clements is not a big deal. He is a shut down corner who wants lots of money and we play a Tampa 2 Defense which requires decent corners and better than ok safties. Thomas, McGee, and Youboty are all more than capable of being above average corners in a Tampa 2 D. Its all about help defense in the secondary. We will be fine without Clements who will be overpaid where ever he goes because it is a down market for corners.

Losing Clements is not a big deal. He is a shut down corner who wants lots of money and we play a Tampa 2 Defense which requires decent corners and better than ok safties. Thomas, McGee, and Youboty are all more than capable of being above average corners in a Tampa 2 D. Its all about help defense in the secondary. We will be fine without Clements who will be overpaid where ever he goes because it is a down market for corners.

yeah but by the looks of it were gonna lose thomas to and youboty is NOT ready and Mcgee makes far to many mistakes

I think if we trade for Dre Bly it is because of adding a veteran to help with Yubody. I just would feel more comfortable with a vet there to start with and have Ashton develop more... He only dressed for one game last year...

I don't want to trade away a 1st day draft pick.....We need all our picks plus FA to fill our holes...

Nate Clements getting big money, FROM THE (insert name here ) ???????

Titans are just one of many.

There will be a long line initially for his services,then it will be down to who they can squeeze the most cash out of.

It won't be here.

...and thank god our management has enough sense that this is the case.

We have NO clue whether or not Youboty is ready and Thomas is not even a substantial loss. I'd love to retain Nate but as long as we upgrade our lines I don't care if we don't pay him a billion dollars. As for Thomas you can find a nickle guy like him every year so let him go somewhere else, I'd rather find someone with more upside.

Yeah losing Clements will be no big deal at all...he's only our best defensive player. You are dumber than dirt if you don't think losing NC will have a big impact on the Bills.

Yeah losing Clements will be no big deal at all...he's only our best defensive player. You are dumber than dirt if you don't think losing NC will have a big impact on the Bills.

i am up and down on this. the corner (next to possibly the left tackle and pass rushing end -- but these are only one per team each) is the hardest position to fill in football.

it seems to me teams are moving to cover 2 because instead of letting teams pick on your weakest link easily it allows you to use scheme to protect weak cover guys (considering there are only about 5 or 10 lock down corners many teams need this).

when we had baily and clements back there we had top top corners. this allowed our D to be very strong -- but it was just as strong with mcgee and clements with vincent at FS. i do remember wire getting toasted often tho, even when our corners blanketed the wrs of the other team.

i think (hope) that with some good planning our secondary will play more like an O line (compliment of several guys) instead of just individuals with the weakest of them getting picked on.

all that said, i'd like to keep clements