TSW needs to clean house!

canbuffan34

To all the old regulars of this board, ie: Bill in NYC, Mead, End zone crew, Cablelady et al..

Hi guys! missed talking to you, how ya all been doin? I can't believe this forum has 6000+ members!

That's great! Too bad about 5000 or so have nothing to contribute but alot of verbal diarrhea and negative comments about our beloved Marv Levy and founder Ralph Wilson. I find it deplorable that these "johnny come lately" so-called fans of this team have the unmitigated gaul to question either their motives or intentions where the success of this team is concerned. They are probably too young to remember the Kelly, Thurman, Bruce era of football around there and the spirit that encapsulated Buffalo at that time, but I will say to those little pi#$ ants, " No-one wants a championship in Buffalo more than RW, Marv, or Jim Kelly... NO-ONE!" So before you start lipping off about how Ralph's too cheap, Marv's too stupid, and this team is always mediocre every year...Blah! Blah! Blah! Wait till you've earned that place to open your trap! I turned 38 last week, (Thanks for the Birthday message Mead, I got it) That makes me a 28 year fan of these Bills, and when the guys at work tease me about my many Bills caps, jerseys etc. and for being a Bills fan, I smile and say, "Who is going to appreciate a Buffalo Bills Superbowl victory more than a lifelong Bills fan?"

No offense pal, but would you read what you posted.

Ha! Ha! True enough, I did go off on a bit of a rant there didn't I? I just don't get the concept of someone posting a comment like "Marv is old and stupid" as contributing anything meaningful to this board. I originally came to TSW 4 yrs. ago and it was a very different atmosphere here..

I don't see how anyone can argue that the team has improved leaps and bounds from last year, that we now have a legit QB, and excellent WR in Evans and improving o-line, coaching staff etc.

I'm not trying to be a Homer, but c'mon people we're not exactly the Raiders!

To all the old regulars of this board, ie: Bill in NYC, Mead, End zone crew, Cablelady et al..

Hi guys! missed talking to you, how ya all been doin? I can't believe this forum has 6000+ members!

That's great! Too bad about 5000 or so have nothing to contribute but alot of verbal diarrhea and negative comments about our beloved Marv Levy and founder Ralph Wilson. I find it deplorable that these "johnny come lately" so-called fans of this team have the unmitigated gaul to question either their motives or intentions where the success of this team is concerned. They are probably too young to remember the Kelly, Thurman, Bruce era of football around there and the spirit that encapsulated Buffalo at that time, but I will say to those little pi#$ ants, " No-one wants a championship in Buffalo more than RW, Marv, or Jim Kelly... NO-ONE!" So before you start lipping off about how Ralph's too cheap, Marv's too stupid, and this team is always mediocre every year...Blah! Blah! Blah! Wait till you've earned that place to open your trap! I turned 38 last week, (Thanks for the Birthday message Mead, I got it) That makes me a 28 year fan of these Bills, and when the guys at work tease me about my many Bills caps, jerseys etc. and for being a Bills fan, I smile and say, "Who is going to appreciate a Buffalo Bills Superbowl victory more than a lifelong Bills fan?"

Can--you sound like Tim Hardaway (just kidding)....embrace the youngsters -- They aren't so bad...

They don't understand the back to back 2-14 years; the late 60's and late 70's and the team that dominated the AFL in the mid-60's...they're our next generation--us old foggies need to be mentors to the young lasses and lads.... :blink:

I just don't get the concept of someone posting a comment like "Marv is old and stupid" as contributing anything meaningful to this board.

I originally came to TSW 4 yrs. ago and it was a very different atmosphere here..

I don't see how anyone can argue that the team has improved leaps and bounds from last year, that we now have a legit QB, and excellent WR in Evans and improving o-line, coaching staff etc.

Garbage is part of a message board format. "Marv is old and stupid" might be that persons most meaningful thought of the day! :blink:

Boards are always evolving and that usually means more kids, which means well you know.

I certainly feel we improved, however I also feel we have miles and miles to go. But I would have been happy with an 8-8 year and was only slightly dissapointed by the 7-9 record.

I am excited by what we have at qb.

We are not the Raiders although I feel we have something in common with demented owners.

Garbage is part of a message board format. "Marv is old and stupid" might be that persons most meaningful thought of the day! :blink:

Boards are always evolving and that usually means more kids, which means well you know.

I certainly feel we improved, however I also feel we have miles and miles to go. But I would have been happy with an 8-8 year and was only slightly dissapointed by the 7-9 record.

I am excited by what we have at qb.

We are not the Raiders although I feel we have something in common with demented owners.

The rants also make for some amusement when situations like the one after last years draft occurs when folks went off on Marv and co. accusing them of senility when the facts as the season sent on were simply:

1. The rooks actually got a lot of PT and starts (actually this can be done by insecure folks willing to start folks merely cause they chose them).

2. However, the 06 season produced an improved W/L so folks who ranted about senility were simply proven wrong by the outcome.

3. Not wanting to leave their stupidity undefended some even tried to maintain this improvement was really produced by an easier schedule. However, these fact-free opinions were easily rebutted by a recognition that not only did the team improve its W/L (the ultimate stat) but actually the Bills opponents included a disproportionate number of playoff teams including 5 of the top 6 seeds in the AFC and the top NFC seed.

Time and reality are simply the best answer to those who rant without subscribing to any objective facts or couching their rants or predictions with any of the uncertainties inherent in figuring NFL stuff out.

The facts simply are the Bills were significantly improved over the previous year's model, but the improvement was not substantial enough for this team to be considered anywhere near adequate.

Moderation is not the usual approach taken by many posts and folks have a right to entertain themselves however they choose, but the simple fact is the Bills had a moderate year and this leads to many posts that simply leave reality behind.

The facts simply are the Bills were significantly improved over the previous year's model, but the improvement was not substantial enough for this team to be considered anywhere near adequate.

Moderation is not the usual approach taken by many posts and folks have a right to entertain themselves however they choose, but the simple fact is the Bills had a moderate year and this leads to many posts that simply leave reality behind.

I generally agree but hey - the facts also are that the draft picks who played are YOUNG! We have no idea where they stand with regard to being "adequate". However, no one can say that they didn't do a hell of a job, and beyond everyone's expectations(including the consistently negative posters - whether they will admit that is a separate issue). And here's the thing - what if the rooks/2nd year players IMPROVE? Where will that leave the "Marv is dumb/old" crowd? More buckets of crow to eat - not that they will actually eat them - like I said earlier: Marv's draft and the clear improvement in the team, especially in the 2nd half of the season, has left more than a few folks here with unfinished crow to eat. I suggest that they eat the crow they have in front of them.

You are right to say that people have a right to post what they want. But I also have a right to keep the links to all the:

1. retarded

2. definitively wrong

3. unfounded, conjecture-based

4. attacking Marv/Ralph/DJ/Players

posts in a database/app I built. :blink: More to come....

Ha! Ha! True enough, I did go off on a bit of a rant there didn't I? I just don't get the concept of someone posting a comment like "Marv is old and stupid" as contributing anything meaningful to this board. I originally came to TSW 4 yrs. ago and it was a very different atmosphere here..

Marv is stupid- just not Marv Levy! :blink:

The next stop should be your exit.....

Ha! Ha! True enough, I did go off on a bit of a rant there didn't I? I just don't get the concept of someone posting a comment like "Marv is old and stupid" as contributing anything meaningful to this board.

So one person stated this and that makes 5,000 out of 6,000 members diarrhea mouths? How bout a little less exaggeration next time. :blink:

:rolleyes: Please explain exactly how you have earned your place. How can I tell whether or not I'm deserving enough?

Let me know when you find out the criteria. I hope after 17 years I would become a "worthy" Bills fan. Apparently after 28 years you become an entitled one.

Wow, another "I'm a bigger fan than you" post. I can't believe this board survived without your insight these last few years!