I had a lot of trouble falling asleep last night, don't know why

smokinandjokin

What do you do when you can't fall asleep?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do when you can't fall asleep?

• Eat a snack
    • Drink something (glass of warm milk, etc.)
    • Toss and turn- keep trying to sleep!
    • Watch TV
    • Read a book/magazine/etc.
    • Masturbate
    • Wake your significant other and get it on
    • Do something productive (work, pay bills, etc.)
    • Just say, "To hell with it" and get out of bed to start the day
    • Count sheep or something similar
    • Stare at the ceiling and think
    • Other- please explain

I had a little trouble sleeping last night, which is very rare for me. I usually only get about 6 hours a night, but I'm out cold from 12am-6am pretty consistently. Last night I couldn't fall asleep until close to 3am.

#7 was not warmly received by my girlfriend, so I had to opt for #6. I passed right out...

I had a little trouble sleeping last night, which is very rare for me. I usually only get about 6 hours a night, but I'm out cold from 12am-6am pretty consistently. Last night I couldn't fall asleep until close to 3am.

#7 was not warmly received by my girlfriend, so I had to opt for #6. I passed right out...

a stiff drink and/or rubbing one out puts me to sleep everytime. :P (especially when #7 is not well received, as you said)

Latent, now creeping guilt? Comes with age... :P

I do something kind of weird, but it works really well for me. I am a tosser and turner and I constantly fidget. So, I count to 60 while staying completely still. When I get to 60 then I can turn or move my arm, or whatever. Then I count to 60 again without moving. If I ever move at all before I get to 60 then I immediately start over at 1. It's kind of a penalty.

Works like a charm. I rarely count to 60 more than 3 or 4 times before I'm sound asleep.